hazelnot

Members
  • Last visited

hazelnot's Achievements

Newbie (1/14)

• First Post Rare
  • Conversation Starter Rare

Recent Badges

1. The cncnet installer also uses Tore's client though lol, at least the full game Linux one lol I ended up using Rampastring's client, although I still prefer Tore's for various reasons (Rampastring's client seems to not allow me to use custom resolutions, and it also seems to include Firestorm music in the vanilla TS campaign) and got kinda roped into becoming a tester for the cross-platform port on Linux. But no, Tore's installer just fails regardless of whether I already manually install .Net beforehand or not, it insists on downloading it itself and failing.
  2. The full game installer doesn't work anymore. It tries to download the .Net Framework redistributable from Microsoft's servers, but it seems like they removed the specific mirror it used to pull from. I can install the skirmish/singleplayer section if I use the cncnet version and not the standalone installer (clicking cancel when it complains about the redist makes it continue in the cncnet version, but it just hangs the standalone one), but then it fails when it tries to install the optional components. The error message is: Unable to execute file: C:\Games\CnCNet\TiberianSun_Online\[filename].exe CreateProcess failed; code 2. File not found. Trying to install them afterwards from the launcher has the exact same behaviour as the standalone one, it just gives up after failing to download the redist. I assume some of the weirdness is probably related to me trying to run this in Fedora, but I imagine the .net issue is affecting everyone who wants to install the full game at the moment.