Re: Red Alert and Tiberian Sun ladder map discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
[TS]
In my opinion, only the original WW maps should be allowed to play tournaments in, just like on the old westwood server. Because then, new and mod players will learn how to play them. And that's just the best way of learning TS. I've seen new players become really good cuz they only play terraces.
Allowing mod maps for ladders can rather be done after the ladder option is launched, cuz it can cause disagreements and discussions. Maybe to have a mod map in a vote-bar, so that it could be inspected, or TWO tourny options as u start a game: WW tourny, or MOD tourny. And all the options are just left to discuss for the players themselfs, there shouldn't be a fixed options, only disable 'Allies Allowed' and perhaps Multiple Factory, cuz TS is not build for that.

Besides the laddering, I personally LOVE a huge prepared tournament will all players. When that was launched on TS last year, I've never been so excited for TS!! Perhaps somebody has a idea how to make that an auto- thing?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:17:32 PM by Holland »

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »
1- how many points are awarded/deducted per win/loss
2-when does the ladder reset (every month? week?)
3-should a player that plays only one map over and over, get less points compared to someone who plays every map?
4-should you be allowed to rack up points by just repeatedly playing the same (less skilled) player? what's the limit?
5-maybe have bonus points. For example: +100 points if you played the most games during the month/week. Or +20 if you played on more than 20 maps.

1- Can you guys get the info from the credits at the end of a game? Because Westwood created the points statistics perfectly. and you can add that to the ladder. A win should be just 1 win point, and a loss should be 1 loss point, and points from credits decide the diffrence between players with the same win/lose score.

2- Every month.

3- No, not if only Westwood maps. (Or make mod maps 0.5 winning points)

4- Good question!! This happened alot in Westwood server! I think a 3 limit a day.

5- Thats a great idea!! Best to make a top 5, I think: "Most games played: 10 points" Second one, 5, third, 3, 2,1 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, LOL!! or maybe a top hunderd, so that people will play more!! But not only 1 player!

Offline Humble

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »
"or TWO tourny options as u start a game: WW tourny, or MOD tourny. And all the options are just left to discuss for the players themselfs, there shouldn't be a fixed options, only disable 'Allies Allowed' and perhaps Multiple Factory, cuz TS is not build for that."

I agree with this 100%

I think though that to help prevent people from making new logins on the forums and using them to help their friends get 'free points', that it would also be very beneficial to award MORE points for beating a higher ranked player and LESS points for beating a lower ranked player, to SOME extent.

Maybe 3 points for beating top 5 players
2 points for beating top 15 players
3 points for beating anyone lower?

Offline RC1985

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 11:02:04 AM »
Haven't played much these days but did a number of ladder games. Here's what I experienced:

1) seems like we can choose whether to make a game a ladder match or not. Since the ladder's objective is to discourage people from dodging and talking bs, making ladder matches optional will give them a chance to do just that :(
2) so it takes real balls to get in the ring and climb the ladder. Mad respect to guys like robskate (EDIT - croboys been running away) for this.
3) for now it's lacking support from the 'pros', I've seen a number calling it gay / noob / etc. this is cos they see many unfamiliar names at the top, or cos really they're just pussies who don't 1v1 and shout bs while hiding in a corner.

We'll need maybe a month or so until the true 'pros' get to the top 10, but if ladder games are optional then we won't see that happening :P but then again there's that need for practice games once in a while...ah nothing's perfect in this world :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:23:01 AM by RC1985 »

Offline Humble

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »
For the Tiberian Sun ladder, we need TWO separate ladders:

One for WESTWOOD MAPS

One for MOD MAPS

Offline Nyerguds

• C&C1 H4x0r
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Forum Alien
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 07:54:41 AM »
For the Tiberian Sun ladder, we need TWO separate ladders:

One for WESTWOOD MAPS

One for MOD MAPS
What about non-westwood non-mod maps? :huh:

Offline Humble

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »
You have a good point friend, but it gets hard to decide.

One thing for sure is that the players sexpro and kaizen are 1v1 bunch of random newbs to try and get first, meanwhile trz and ollie and kapa and other good players get banned when trying to play them.

Offline FunkyFr3sh

• Maker of official unofficial stuff!
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 06:35:03 PM »
The elo math will punish those who don't play against other good players and it's slowly starting to show its strength

Offline Humble

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 10:47:43 AM »
From other thread -----v  Lot of overlap in discussions.

A simple solution that keeps popping up in these threads is to have two separate ladders:

-One ladder which allows the host to select from WW maps, as well as maybe some fair WW-like maps, like The Pit, Atombomb's map, or even my map Throwback.

Terraces would obviously be the dominant map in this ladder, but there would be option for variety, such as Dueling Islands, Forest Fires, etc, etc.

The main point with this ladder would be maps that require economy management, expanding to more money, no modified units or such, etc, etc.... classic Tib. Sun style game-play.

This would be the primary ladder among the 'pros' who play the game the way it was meant to be played.

-A separate ladder which allows the host to select from mod maps, possibly being limited to maps that do not modify units, but I am not much of a 'modder' so I cannot really comment on that.  Maybe it really wouldn't matter, I don't know.  Maybe some seasoned 'modders' (nodrescue?) could chime in.

I am fairly certain my proposal would be cool with the very large majority of TS.

Very nice -----v

The elo math will punish those who don't play against other good players and it's slowly starting to show its strength
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:51:18 AM by Humble »

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 04:24:27 AM »
*an extra add-on*
 I hope this isn't too much asked for the programmers, but to give it a little twist, what would you think of this: "A list of all played maps, with a ladder for each map". Just as an extra!  :laugh: :D

With this extra list, you can see and meet up with people who like to play the maps you enjoy playing too. This means more gameplay and competitions. Me and the other pro map makers (TS) can see a big chunk of players LOVE to play our maps (compstomps, tower defenses, mod maps ("Giants of war") etc.). If we could have a list to see who likes what, we can improve maps and make better ones, creating more variety thus attracting more people!  :mammoth: :sethisdeath:

Offline fir3w0rx

• I'm All About That Base
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
The xwis ladder, created by Olaf van der Spek, shows the main ladder (showing the best player over all). But it also has a drop-down list to show
  • who has the most points using Soviets only
  • Allieds only
  • Great Britain only
  • Iraq
  • etc...
The Tiberian Sun ladder (which is now empty after all the TS player migrated here) has a drop-down box to show who was best using only GDI or only Nod. In effect, it's a lot of different ladders combined into one. Maybe the same thing can be done here but with original Westwood maps and mod maps in the drop-down list. I'm not sure about having a drop-down list for each specific map though 'cos that'll be one hell of a long list.

Xwis also has a Stats section showing
  • the amount of times each faction was used for the month
  • each map
  • and which player and clan played the most games for the month.

We should kidnap Olaf and tie him up to the cncnet server and keep him theree until he implements all that^ here. The xwis ladder owns!