CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lovehandles

Poll for balance changes (Community Balance Patch)

Choose which change(s) you largely disagree with; further feedback/criticism can be posted in the comments below.  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. I largely disagree with these changes:

• Apache: Ammo reduced from 15 to 12
    • APC: Cannot crush infantry anymore
    • Stealth Tank: HP increased from 110 to 125
    • Stealth Tank: Cost reduced from 900 to 700
    • Humvee: Health increased from 150 to 185
    • Artillery: Turn rate increased from 2 to 5 (same as MLRS and SSM Launcher)
    • MLRS (Rocket Launcher): Health increased from 100 to 125
    • MLRS (Rocket Launcher): Tech prerequisite changed from Adv. Communications Center to Communications Center (radar)
    • MLRS (Rocket Launcher): GDI only unit
    • Chem Warrior: Tech prerequisite changed from Temple of Nod to Communications Center (radar)
    • Rocket Soldier: Health increased from 25 to 50
    • Engineer: Health decreased from 25 to 20
    • Engineer: Movement speed decreased from 8 to 7
    • Temple of Nod: Cost reduced from 3000 to 2000
    • Advanced Communications Center: Cost reduced from 2800 to 1850
    • Weapons Factory: Health increased from 400 to 480
    • Construction Yard: Armour type changed from Wood to Light
    • Construction Yard: Sight radius increased from 3 to 6
    • Ion Cannon: Damage increased from 600 to 640
    • Mobile Construction Vehicle: Sight radius increased from 2 to 4

20 hours ago, tac said:

It's been a month now. Any updates on this mod?

The second release of the balance patch is more or less ready to go, we just need to add it to the CnCNet client. :- )

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/17/2019 at 11:41 AM, Lovehandles said:

The second release of the balance patch is more or less ready to go, we just need to add it to the CnCNet client. :- )

You mean MOD, not patch, i guess.

Posted (edited)

The mod is more about balancing units (allowing a wider range of strategies, and reigning in a couple of OP units) than about balancing teams.
It's just that GDI has more unusable units in the non mirror match up, than Nod does. The MLRS sticks out very heavily in that case.

No one was ever claiming to be knowledgeable enough to make the patch (or mod) themselves, which is the exact reason we decided to let the community have their say, too.

The original game was always meant to be available along side these changes. We never had any intention of barring people from playing that.

Edited by AchromicWhite
  • Upvote 2

It's aimed at balancing units that are either too weak (due to a range of reasons) or strong (again, for a range of reasons). So it acts exactly as a patch does, but is made by the community, hence "community patch". There was also work on an RA2 one, which was also called a "community patch" which was doing more or less the same thing, which is where we got that final bit of passion to make this happen. I guess we called it the same thing.

"Its the cnc mod that causes further imbalance when compared with the original game, is that correct?"

I don't really see how. We gave more counter play to the apache, because after playing for 20 years, the best strat I have vs apaches is to go all-in with medium tanks and hope they don't have enough money left over to defend. (In other words, ignore the apaches and just attack). (Note I'm not talking about apache cheese here... the cheese is very defendable). 
Or, take the MLRS. A unit that makes perfect sense to be a unit to tech into as Nod ramps up mass light vehicles... yet is just inaccessible due to price of tech.

Those are just two examples. And note that unlike most mods, we're not trying to change the design of the game. We're not changing the role of units.

If there is a specific part of the mod that you think makes something imbalanced, then this is a place where you can explain that, so that the community can test that issue and if they find that to be accurate, we can change it.

• Upvote 3