Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dkeeton

Ladder Poll: Nickname limits

Ladder Poll: Nickname limits  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Nickname limit

7 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I think 3 is OK, I'd also be fine with 1 or 2. 

3 allows flexibility, unfortunately @Black there are other arguments for more than 1 nickname other than manipulation and abuse. Some people play with a certain side/faction with one nickname and different with other names. Others like a try-hard nickname and a play-easy nickname, etc. 

It's not all about rank busting and manipulation. 

Cool, this might blow your mind.. but you can actually play both factions on a single account. For this to be valid there needs to be separated rankings for nod and gdi.

Sorry, but in a competition where we are keeping score you need to lose your points if you want to play “easy”.. Changing usernames to play “easy” so you don’t lose points is literally the fucking definition of abuse.

imagine if Jon Jones was the UFC champion but he cloned himself so that he could also be the #1 and 2 contender. So that he could take it easy vs himself in title fights while he uses his alternate bodies to prevent anyone else from ever getting a title shot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Black said:

Cool, this might blow your mind.. but you can actually play both factions on a single account. For this to be valid there needs to be separated rankings for nod and gdi.

Sorry, but in a competition where we are keeping score you need to lose your points if you want to play “easy”.. Changing usernames to play “easy” so you don’t lose points is literally the fucking definition of abuse.

imagine if Jon Jones was the UFC champion but he cloned himself so that he could also be the #1 and 2 contender. So that he could take it easy vs himself in title fights while he uses his alternate bodies to prevent anyone else from ever getting a title shot.

Your analogy sucks really hard. This is not UFC lol. Nothing alike. 

And you have as much chance of the TS TITLE as anyone else, on 1, 2 or 3 logs. Only if your good enough and play enough games ofcourse. 

You know when do you want to implement a games limit per month? 

Think your just gunning for a knockout tournament of sorts rather than a rank ladder for a game. TS isn't a blood sport.  Unless you have multiple computers you ain't gonna play vs yourself... and if you do then that is the definition of abuse. That would be classed as cheating, wouldn't it?

And yeah allowing people to play easy/experimental on another log I would hazard a guess will increase games played. Maybe they just wanna quick game.... this multi log system allows for that option. It allows for playing other maps you don't play on your main etc. Theres a multitude of reasons. 

Heck if you was good enough you could have rank 1, 2 and 3. But nevermind, keep on about how your just not good enough to compete. 

• Like 1

Ladder is so dead atm. perhaps some of you noobs should come and play, instead of whine on forums?

That rule doesn't apply to me, since ive played plenty of games and won rank1 - 3 times in row.

I have 20 or 30 nicknames. Because sometimes, Pence is hungry, sometimes hes greedy, sometimes my Arnolds are hungry or greedy, and so on... .

Dont take that fun away :(:D

14 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Do you have any problem logging in here? https://ladder.cncnet.org/account

Hi, i have 2 e-mails registered here, both are mine, but used by different persons. One is used by me and the other was used by my brother, when he played.

One doesn´t let me do anything and says it isn´t registered and the other doesn´t send any message to my e-mail.