WIP-Tiberian Dawn for Pros (replacing original campaigns) testing/ideas

MattAttack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never happened to me, but there was a rumour.

Can an engineer take over an APC?

If so, then you need to get an APC from the enemy. This for going over a tiberian field that is too large to cross for any other infantry unit.

So, if it is possible to take over an APC. Then I have an idea for you.

I have in the passed wished that an APC could be captured, but I guess since it's armed the creators ruled it out.  Would've been cool, though....

Maybe having a mission where you have to capture a ref with a harvester in it to drive across the tiberium to get to your goal!

well what I actually meant (really for some other random mission) was only having an engi and a huge tib field to cross.  The only way to cross would be to capture a refinery and drive a harvester over the tiberium field to freedom XD

Really, with some of my campaign missions I've rejected and ideas like this, I've been thinking about releasing another "5 minute missions" pack.....

But I've just come up with a way to accomplish what I wanted to do with my GDI mission 6 :)

I like that GDI mission where you have a repair pad and can't build new vehicles.

I also like missions where you have to capture comm-centers.

One mission I have in mind is called "During the blizzard" when a blizzard blocks the access to the Alpes where you have listening outposts. If you arrive first with the commando and his team(s), then you have to hold the position until reinforcements arrive. If you arrive late, you have to destroy "the protocols" (the buildings) and go to the extraction point. In practice it can be 2 missions in one, depending which direction you take. The listening outposts are 2 separate outposts, one is the "receiver" (adv comm-center) and the other is the "transmitter" (comm-center). If the enemy capture the outpost (comm-center), it starts the production trigger, which in practice starts creating checkpoints (gun towers) in places you have gone through that where empty in the beginning of the mission (lone spots with sandbags in the map). If you fail the first objective, you have the possibility to capture "white" comm-centers that exist in the map to call smaller reinforcements to destroy these checkpoints. See if that inspires you somehow.

That sounds like an awesome idea!  I really like the concept of having 1 mission with many different approaches and solutions, much like cloak & dagger.  I'll take a little while to digest it and see what I come up with :)  BTW I want to see Nod's "Twist of Fate" still!  I'm half tempted to steal the idea, but I don't want to steal your thunder lol

BTW I want to see Nod's "Twist of Fate" still!  I'm half tempted to steal the idea, but I don't want to steal your thunder lol

Nah, go ahead, it will be fun! I'm not inspired to finish that mission, I have to focus on certain things of the Huge Collection.

I am creating a player guide for the collection, so I'm playing missions now. Trying to find ways to tell people that some missions worth playing, but I have to play each one.

Just do it, "surprise us" because people will like it!

• 1 year later...

Well, I've finished all mission 5's (3 for GDI, 1 for Nod)  and now moving on to GDI 6 which was the commando mission in the original campaigns.  As many of you know, there was the logic that if you blew up the airfield, it would automatically skip mission 7 and I'm trying to think of a cool way to exploit this.  My original intent was to actually try to make mission 7 a hidden bonus mission but I can't think of a cool way to force the player to destroy the airstrip last.  Unfortunately, cap=win/dest=lose doesn't trigger the mission skipping logic :(  I'm open to any ideas.....

If the airstrip doesn't have to be Badguy... and I don't think it has to be; it just saved the structure ID... I suggest MHQ trickery. Any trigger at all can be linked to a strike team landing in an inaccessible part of the map, blowing up some multi-House MHQ, and that resulting in a blown up airstrip. Link a win trigger to that airstrip and you're set.