Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kikematamitos

My survey with 1,084 responses say that EA is wrong.

Recommended Posts

Lol. This is the first time, i have to disagree with you Kike ;D. TD is a wonderful game, so is TS. There would be no RA2 without TD. It was the first CC game. It has many bugs (harvs!!!!!!!!, dc!!!!!!!) and as with AoE I, you would  bring a big audience back to this wonderful game. It is a sin to say EA did a mistake here. In my opinion, TD and TS are better than RA2 :P (altough i love the kirovs ;D). After TD, they should make a TS remake, because TS has so big potential and they could easily make it better by giving people more choices and getting a better balance. AND PLEASE EA: GIVE YOUR CYBORGS THE VOICE OF ARNOLD! YOU WOULD ONLY MAKE $ WITH THAT, BELIEVE ME!  But i ahve to say, after that, they should make a RA2 remake as well; with even hungrier Kirovs :D-

Edited by Hungry Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a huuuge cop-out that Blizzard started with Starcraft instead of Warcraft 1.

And yea, that answer depends a lot on where you spread this poll around.

That aside, though, are you seriously trying to tell the devs to throw a year's worth of work out the window and start on something new? Wow, entitled much?

 

16 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

There would be no RA2 without TD. It was the first CC game

Not entirely true :P

But, Dune II already received a remake in Dune 2000, a remaster-like UI/controls overhaul in Dune Dynasty, and is itself stuck in eternal copyright hell due to being a licensed game from a book/movie...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nyerguds said:

Not entirely true :P

But, Dune II already received a remake in Dune 2000, a remaster-like UI/controls overhaul in Dune Dynasty, and is itself stuck in eternal copyright hell due to being a licensed game from a book/movie...

GDI propaganda 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is not necessary think to much to know what is the most popular and best C&C game but EA start from the beginning just for earn more money and leave the best to the end if they start from RA2  less people gone  a buy the rest. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

That aside, though, are you seriously trying to tell the devs to throw a year's worth of work out the window and start on something new? Wow, entitled much?

That company is actually rich selling games like FIFA, BTF, etc. and also is not years of work when you have a lot of employers, come one community do a great job with mods like Mental Omega and also do you see global crisis mod? a single guy in home make it: https://youtu.be/hs70fv_Y3zw?t=858

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Spoiler

@Nerdguids @Hungry Mike 

This survey was conducted mostly among @Kikematamitos YouTube subscibers which is social group consisting mostly RA2 fans. This is incorrect because in this case the result is easy peredictable - RA2 has won.

The survey has been performed incorrectly. Results discarded.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

 

  Hide contents

@Nerdguids @Hungry Mike 

This survey was conducted mostly among @Kikematamitos YouTube subscibers which is social group consisting mostly RA2 fans. This is incorrect because in this case the result is easy peredictable - RA2 has won.

The survey has been performed incorrectly. Results discarded.

I call to share the survey and i share it in all the forums, another that support the survey is counting the post in every forum RA2 has more that double of the second one with more posts. 

The survey still open for share it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong with remasters starting with the first game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kikematamitos said:

I call to share the survey and i share it in all the forums, another that support the survey is counting the post in every forum RA2 has more that double of the second one with more posts. 

The survey still open for share it. 

yet another mistake: never ever share the results of an open survey

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 11:51 PM, Kikematamitos said:

Is not necessary think to much to know what is the most popular and best C&C game but EA start from the beginning just for earn more money and leave the best to the end if they start from RA2  less people gone  a buy the rest. 

Completely false. RA2 lacks substance, style and quality. In its best days, way more people played TD or RA1 than RA2. Ra2 is mostly unit rushing, just like his predecessor. The graphics make it feel like a comic (with bad quality tho), and although some units are a good idea (the Kirovs), its still extremely tank based. Most of RA2 players complain about Yuri, because Yuri is extremely unbalanced. Allies players have to bunker until they have battlefortresses, the only good unit they have. So although RA2 is fun, it has many flaws.

You cant compare it to TD. TD has graphics, which make it realistic and gives a feeling of neutral, realistic, 1990s flair to it. You can still be a 1-button-player (tanks for GDI), but it wont be good enough. You have to micro much better, there are many different strategies, GDI and Nod have their own unique ways, and so on. Just unit spam for its own wont solve problems (only if you are a 20-year-constistent-playing-nerd...) and you have so many different maps, which force you to use different strats. The campaign is superb, very interesting and with good actors and was the mother of all in-game-videos. TD was the mother of all C&C games and one of the fathers of real time strategy games. So: TD wins! And for the record: You RA2 guys got your remake with RA3: Where is the difference, its just more chaotic and childly :P.

 

Edited by Hungry Mike
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DAIJOUBU? said:

yet another mistake: never ever share the results of an open survey

You can't see the result until you answer the survey. 

8 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

Completely false. RA2 lacks substance, style and quality. In its best days, way more people played TD or RA1 than RA2. Ra2 is mostly unit rushing, just like his predecessor. The graphics make it feel like a comic (with bad quality tho), and although some units are a good idea (the Kirovs), its still extremely tank based. Most of RA2 players complain about Yuri, because Yuri is extremely unbalanced. Allies players have to bunker until they have battlefortresses, the only good unit they have. So although RA2 is fun, it has many flaws.

You cant compare it to TD. TD has graphics, which make it realistic and gives a feeling of neutral, realistic, 1990s flair to it. You can still be a 1-button-player (tanks for GDI), but it wont be good enough. You have to micro much better, there are many different strategies, GDI and Nod have their own unique ways, and so on. Just unit spam for its own wont solve problems (only if you are a 20-year-constistent-playing-nerd...) and you have so many different maps, which force you to use different strats. The campaign is superb, very interesting and with good actors and was the mother of all in-game-videos. TD was the mother of all C&C games and one of the fathers of real time strategy games. So: TD wins! And for the record: You RA2 guys got your remake with RA3: Where is the difference, its just more chaotic and childly :P.

 

You are just in love and i not say that other games are bad or good i say who is the most popular game and what you say about RA2 is totally false only noob complain about Yuri that is very vulnerable in early game and units cost to much and slaves die to easy, only in late game without super weapons is op, in RA2 in every map changes the strategy to, the problem is that official maps all are very similar and that is why use the same tank spamming and that is why i prefer custom maps because make useless units more useful. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, Hungry Mike said:

GDI propaganda 😜

Talking about Dune games is GDI propaganda? Huh? 😐

On 10/25/2019 at 11:59 PM, Kikematamitos said:

That company is actually rich selling games like FIFA, BTF, etc. and also is not years of work when you have a lot of employers

Man-years are still years. And I said developers, not publisher. The game is being developed by Petroglyph, with graphics being developed by Lemon Sky.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:30 PM, Kikematamitos said:

You can't see the result until you answer the survey.

You can, though. You literally put it in your second post here:

 
On 10/24/2019 at 5:45 PM, Kikematamitos said:

People prefer a RA2 remaster first. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

Talking about Dune games is GDI propaganda? Huh? 😐

GDI propaganda :P:D

On 10/27/2019 at 6:30 PM, Kikematamitos said:

You are just in love and i not say that other games are bad or good i say who is the most popular game

You are in love, too ;D. You said:

 

On 10/25/2019 at 11:51 PM, Kikematamitos said:

Is not necessary think to much to know what is the most popular and best C&C game

You even claimed they only make it for $: But when they make a RA2 remake, they make it for the love of their neighbors? Give me a break :P.

The current CncNet statistics show that more people play RA1 than RA2, with TD players not even mentioned. So: How can RA2 be the most popular game, when more people play RA1 (or RA1+TD)? Why do all people mention the TD, RA1 or TS campaign, but not few the RA2 campaign? Why do many remember TD, but not RA2? TD was a milestone, just a unbelievably good game, and had it a better multiplayer (only played the campaign as a kid), more people would play it today. 

So: To say it would be  a big mistake or even unjust for EA to make a TD remake is not very smart: Without TD, no RA2. 

Edited by Hungry Mike
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RA2 is a more popular game, but clearly they're just doing the originals, at least first.

Honestly, I suspect that TS and RA2 remaster will come after.

I don't think that their choice to do TD and RA1 remasters first was anything to do with the public's preference of game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AchromicWhite said:

RA2 is a more popular game

Statistics say more people play RA1. Add to that the TD player count, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...