Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skybee

forced reinstall C&C95 after restarting PC

Hello again!

I have been working on salvaging old computers from my closet so my crew can enjoy some C&C95 together.

On my old GatewayCx210x, windows XP Sp3, machine, C&C95 Gold works great until I shutdown or restart the computer. Then, after I do a shutdown/restart, I return to open game and nothing happens. The game is in the task manager process list, but never actually opens anything at all. To fix this, I have to uninstall/reinstall C&C95 Gold. I used Nyerguds installer from http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Is this an installer problem and should I try a different installer? What should I do?

This is just an annoyance. Besides this, the game continues to process great without any weirdness.

Thanks for any help, appreciate it.

False Alarm!

Turns out I was not giving the WinXP enough time to fully boot up the OS.

After waiting 10 minutes from starting the WinXP machine after a shutdown or reboot, then I was able to open C&C95 just fine.

Still, quite weird. Maybe it accidentally worked? lol.

The patch was created to allow the game to run on modern OSes... why are you playing it on an ancient XP machine?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AndrewFord
      on the CncNet5 (RA, TS, TD version) there is usually a flashing green button that says "streaming" whenever someone is live on twitch but it doesn't show anymore. When shall this be fixed.
    • By Doblofino667
      Hi guys, I have for the first time today joined Cncnet, as I really miss Tiberian Dawn and I had a huge itch to play it. The download went nice and quick and I was able to get it onto the pc. 
      When I run it though, I run into problems. It skips the opening animation and immediately goes to the starting menu. When I press "Start new game" the program hangs and then I need to use task manager to close it. I dinked around with the resolution and compatibility settings too but no joy. In the end I saw a user here report something similar and the admin said something to the effect of changing the rendering to GDI instead of Auto. I did that and still not working. (Obviously when you press start, you go to that snowflake screen where you select GDI or NOD - THAT is the screen that doesn't want to load)
      At this point, I have tried all sorts of screen resolutions, rendering options, windowed/fullscreen options and turned comparability settings on and off. Computer still hangs. 
      Interesting to note, that when I click other options like "Load", "Internet Game" or "Exit", those options work fine. BUT when I click on "Intro & Sneak Peek" all I see is a screen saying "Coming Attraction" and then goes back to the menu. I remember this was an advert for Tiberian Sun. It seems that I can't run the cutscenes or animations or movie sequences. 
      Oh, another thing that might be of assistance. When I run the program without comparability, it hangs after selecting "new game" but when I run it in comparability mode for Windows 95, the game does not load, it simply says "can't play movies" or somesuch. 
      I hope the info helps! Please advise. 
      Thanks a lot guys.
      J
    • By Noyjitat
      I played around a bit in tibed and was thinking. Wouldn't it be cool to have a mod that has the rules of c&c renegade but in an rts c&c game?
      Example:
      Guard towers fire quicker, have longer range and are more armored and nearly 1 shot most vehicles.
      Guard towers have line of sight rules meaning infantry and tanks that are really close to buildings and tall objects can avoid being fired upon. (not sure if this even possible)
      You only get 1 guard tower with the exception of 2 - 4 pillboxes or Gun turrets
      You get 1 refinery with a small amount of credits slowly accumulating overtime and then credit dumps as normal when a harvester returns
      Each team is limited to 6 tanks
      Engineer repairs infantry, tanks and structures over time
      I'm  not sure how c4 and stuff would work. Maybe something in the form of an ivan bomb and you need 4 of them placed on a structure to go off in order to destroy it? Engineers should also be able to remove this.
      Vehicle and infantry fire power, rate of fire should be increased to match the values in renegade.
      Beacon placement for super weapons. A soldier drops the beacon and then it has a count down. Can be removed by engineer.
      Beacon placements on barricks ends the match unless removed by engineer/advanced engineer
      Advanced engineers: Hotwire / Nod technicians repair faster, deploy mines, shorter fuse ivan bomb?
      engineers/ advanced engineers equipped with pistols
      The game should basically all the renegade troops you could purchase such as havoc, sakura, etc with the same role sniping, rail gun etc.
      All aircraft replaced by helicopters/orcas, all infantry/vehicles able to hit them with snipers and rocket soldiers doing the most infantry damage to them. 

Basically an exact copy of the renegade game as close as you can get it but in the form of the many rts c&c games we have now. Though i think you'd want to put an limit on the amount infantry just like most renegade servers could only hand so many players. I think 70 was the biggest I remember back in the day on the renstation server.

• By Techstorm
      Hey, so I want to recommend the classic C&Cs to some people I know, and they may be more likely to try it if it's free. However, while the first free C&C games were released as freeware, the primary sources of downloads are down, the only way is through 3rd party mirrors and the C&C Ultimate Collection includes them for a price. So are the first three games still considered freeware?
    • By Noahsark
      Hi,
      I was trying to fix a problem that cause my game frequently freeze after a few second of game starting. I searched many similar problems but there is nothing solve my problem. I tried almost every thing that I can find in the game folder.  My PC is win10+amd ryzen 5+ GTX1080ti. Finally I found the problem is the "VideoBackBuffer" option in redalert.ini. When I set VideoBackBuffer=No my game start to work properly. There should be something wrong when it is Yes by default. 
      This really troubled me many days since this option is not in any game config UI. Hopefully this will help the others that have same problem and this could be fixed soon.