CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

forced reinstall C&C95 after restarting PC

Skybee

Hello again!

I have been working on salvaging old computers from my closet so my crew can enjoy some C&C95 together.

On my old GatewayCx210x, windows XP Sp3, machine, C&C95 Gold works great until I shutdown or restart the computer. Then, after I do a shutdown/restart, I return to open game and nothing happens. The game is in the task manager process list, but never actually opens anything at all. To fix this, I have to uninstall/reinstall C&C95 Gold. I used Nyerguds installer from http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Is this an installer problem and should I try a different installer? What should I do?

This is just an annoyance. Besides this, the game continues to process great without any weirdness.

Thanks for any help, appreciate it.

False Alarm!

Turns out I was not giving the WinXP enough time to fully boot up the OS.

After waiting 10 minutes from starting the WinXP machine after a shutdown or reboot, then I was able to open C&C95 just fine.

Still, quite weird. Maybe it accidentally worked? lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jthe420
      anybody know how to get ahold of the campaign maps in C&C3? it seems the xcc mixer doesnt work for that game.
      or maybe its cause i got it from steam? either way how do i change the maps? and the OS Big editor doesnt do anyhting...or at least it isnt in the game folder thats in documents....theres no regular game folder for it. theres a application icon but idk where that even leads to at this point.
    • By Lemon_sock
      Hello,
      First time using cncnet, I keep getting kicked whenever I join a game in the lobby but don't understand why. Sometimes I get a message saying no connection or problem with connection from one of the players. Or ping will come up with my name as NA. When I join a game in the lobby there's usually no green "I'm ready" button in the bottom left, it's only there if I try host a game (but then when I click it says waiting to connect, please try again in a few seconds or something).
      Can anyone advise, or help troubleshoot? I'm guessing there's a connection issue my end but dont know how to diagnose.
      (I have managed somehow to play two online games, no idea why it worked then but not most of the time).
    • By sun16
      So there is this map with a cool background that I want to use as my background and stuff but idk how to get it   192.168.0.1
      192.168.o.1

• By drknox88
      I installed the Origin C&C Generals version of Yuri's Revenge, then I installed Purple Alert. The Purple Alert launcher loads fine, but when I click "Launch Purple Alert" the C&C Generals "Ra2 or YR" launcher pops up. When I click YR it just loads the Vanilla YR. Is there any way to bypass something so that I can play Purple Alert? I played it years ago when I had the non C&C Generals version and it was the best mod ever!
    • By UnsaidNegligent
      Hey peeps.
      I recently installed TFD on my windows 10 pc.
      I had some issues, so i did some googling and found several patches from cncz and nyerguds. This helped but i still have a major lingering problem.
      Whenever i minimize the game or go to my desktop (usually by accidentally hitting the windows button instead of control or alt) i will get a black screen upon reopening the game. I can hear the game running but have no visuals.
      I thought the patches i installed would fix this but apparently they did not.
      I know basically nothing about modding games but i do have a general understanding of coding from working as a web developer about 10 years ago.
      Is there a way i can fix this?
      Any and all advice/help will be greatly appreciated.