CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Red Alert Ladder] Which maps should be added?

FunkyFr3sh

This poll is for ladder players only, please don't vote if you're not interested in playing ranked games!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which maps should be added? -- This poll is for ladder players only, please don't vote if you're not interested in playing ranked games!

• All that Glitters...
    • Treasure Isle
    • Liquid Gold Rush
    • Wide Open mini
    • Europe
    • War Tank
    • Aron Rasta
    • break ownz @ crates v 2.0
    • Combat zones
    • Central Conflict Extreme
    • su27
    • 4c ore
    • guerilla forest
    • raraku
    • X Gems
    • Rasta
    • Gold Rush

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2019 at 08:35 PM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By [Spro]Sin
      Air is over powered in red alert 1  
      also anti air is under powered in red alert 1 

This has been a problem for long time but has become more clear too me over time when i changed from being a base builder too a tanker 

In the game red alert 1 we have many maps and 2 main play styles 
      Tanker players and base builder players
      i get straight to the point and explain everything 

air units are by far the best in the game also there the most hated least fun and only take away good games from players 
      air only good for trolling or for being a one trick pony or cheap wins air dumb the game down a lot 

why is air so over what makes it this way 

its because unlike any other units in the game air can go any where on the map fly over any defense and kill any building but army stuck on the land and navy stuck in sea  
      the next thing i need point out is only few units can even defend them self vs air 
      ok sure what about run away wait cant to that air faster too 

how about kill mcv power it only air air units kill a mcv no matter where it is on the map no range limit too air that is are strongest building a tanker player cant rebuild mcv after this 
      ive been on both sides of this many 2v2 games one sided because cheap win or get teamed up on by 2 pros when am trying do right thing but lose because ally trolls 
      3v3 games often turn into 2v3 games for long time because this too 

base builders even they are not safe a few good hotkeys with air and bookmarks and spam that build button u can take out up too 10 mcv at a time 
      full base gets leveled ever 3-5 mins even with huge anti air  all one type building dead mcv or ore ref most the time 

i played few games op air players they built about 300-400 places in 30-50 mins i looked at stats after game 
      also it didnt matter how many sams rocket soldiers i made waves of air can attack with out it mattering how many die they just build x2 more most game aways turn into this mcv death rebuild build sams rocket soldiers 

war tank players out right ban air from there games but air also just op on all maps 
      also tanker base builds dont want because of air 

i was used not mind till too many players used air and how op it is
       but the fact that too many players spam air attack become stuck at this level of play poor play style  don't learn better skills 

u can learn play the game any way u want in your own room this post not shame air players say there not pro 
      there some good players that only play custom mod maps that got good at this am even ok with rigged games as long as the players are open with what they are doing do so in the room they are the host off just playing for fun of it

I want some kind of fix too this air problem 
      The best fix i think is add a button so players can just turn air on or off in room host settings 
      that way the mod maps in red alert 1 that need stats too stay the same will not get messed up by any fix is made 
      another fix just weaken air [by a lot] and make stronger anti air  stronger [by a lot too as well also units need be able fight back vs air not be helpless}
      maybe build build limit be good i also think mod maps hurt less by this kinda change if it was too happen 
      or even range limit 

but a air on or off button be by far the best for everone not doing anything about this me anti air players suffer in a game they don't like and just put up with and the players who aways use air on them 

i just want everone be able play the game how they want too 
      it be so much easyer on everone if we can make it so both sides can have the game how they want it too be played in there rooms best done with settings just asking for no air players don't listen also no way stop them other then ban them from room after game 

players who like air should play with others who like air 
      players who hate air like me should play others of are own kind be able have a clean air free game when is asked of the players 

guys be friendly its ok like air games just dont force it on me 
      just because i don't like air u might or might not like air don't stop us from being friends everone has there point of view 

• By sgtmyers88
      EDIT: The new mod profile is live!

So long time no chat. lol 😀 Since finally completing the story campaigns for Tiberian Dawn Redux a couple years ago I have been repeatedly approached about carrying the mod over into the RA universe with a spinoff. While it's still in the very early stages of development, Red Alert Redux is slowly being brought to life. I haven't decided if it will be a mini-mod type add-on built into TDR (think GDI/Nod vs. Allies/Soviets in skirmish) or a standalone project built off of the renovated C&C Generals SAGE engine TDR is now using. I know a lot of the assets and coding between the original TD and RA games is nearly the same so it would streamline development quite a bit. (looking into the original game files I noticed a lot of the art and audio assets are using the same filenames to confirm this) The biggest hurdles I have will be making a decent naval system, designing, coding, and animating attack dogs and then the Chronosphere stuff. I may also (as I did with TDR) consolidate the unit and structure tech tree and add unit upgrades and special abilities. (e.g. Engineers doubled as Mechanics and APC's doubled as Medics) So who wants Red Alert Redux? And I will say it will not be a 1:1 remake. As I did with TDR I aim to keep as much of the original wacky tech and atmosphere Westwood developed for TD and RA but also have a more realistic spin on it in both appearance and gameplay. I have been considering consulting with the former Cold War Crisis Mod Team and the guys behind Red Alert: A Path Beyond.

• By DrPhilly
      Hi Guys,

A befriended-long time RA1-player names WorstPlayer is banned all of a sudden. I've checked the logs but I can't find any reason why he could have been banned. I asked NateDiaz for intel, he checked it and tried to unban but that didn't work. I sent Funky a private message via Discord but no response, so that's why I'm posting this topic.

Could someone please unban him? Or if he's banned could you explain to me why, so I can tell him because he has no idea why he has been banned. The Scunthorpe-ban is only for 5 mins, but it seems he's banned for a longer period. He's a decent player, he doesn't use foul language, so please let me know.

<WoRsTpLaYeR> SCUNTHORPE FC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [21:59] :[email protected] MODE #cncnet +b [email protected] [21:59] SpamServ kicked WoRsTpLaYeR (Badword has been found in channel message [Be friendly! 5minute ban].)   Error:Cannot join game you are banned
    • By [Spro]Sin
      The new update the game has made this game a far worse game for me 
      I have been doing much Research of my own hours of testing 
      This is a complex topic that have too sides i understand this 

nicknamed Steroid Tanking by crush, many alternative ways of tanking turned out too exist
       the known ways of tanking are q tanking gq tanking & sgq tanking
      the crush video link cheat methed to used here  ,,,> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Qhj9Nqtx8

alt & g & q  tanking worked before the update for some pros 
      it no longer works
      I don^t fully understand the buttons used or the timing needed 

also gq & q together sametime I used myself mostly in mini q master games vs others pros noobs & the ai no longer works 
      too understand what this is dual q & gq marge into one 
      gq-ing your tanks & q-ing your tanks at the same time has the traits of both q & gq is powerfull tanks auto fire like in gq but by also q-ing u also fire kill more tanks by aiming your self as well

The topic cheating come up on Steroid Tanking  yes many players used the hotkey editer too bind keys into one button yes I agree this is cheating
      but Steroid Tanking its self is not cheating and should not be considerd as cheating it was used be possable hold down 2 buttons on your keyboard same time tank this way do the same kind of thing without cheating of any kind at least with my way of using it 

Steroid Tanking was  a closely guarded secret by many pros who used it myself too i didn't know other pros had there own ways of using it but also I know there was lot more out there then what meets the eye 
      In a black & white world of q gq & sgq its turns out colour existed too

i wish only too preserve game mechanics from being lost forever 

I have many online friends on cncnet i don't want lose my friend ships and the game used to the best game in the world to me there never be a game as this one was 
      however am looking for a new game get into now. red alert 1 was good in its day 

i don't want to cause a butterfly effect but i know philly retire too if I do a lot players be upset too petersky cloutiers return not go well 13clan members be upset many others friends of mine too 
      but the fun in the game is gone for me becouse this patch and update has set the game on the wrong path 

what am asking for is fix the patch so hotkeys work without using cheats too gq & q same time is a tanking style where tanks can be in a q & gq state at the same time and i wish safe as many other ways of tanking as possable

but i dont want players using key binding as this is cheating but there is a differences holding down many buttons with fingers on keyboard and using the hotkey editer to do this 

The level of play in red alert 1 has gone up over the years for many years players didn't know gq existed only use q
      ehy used gq as well he know of it before many others its what made him so powerful in tank batties  
      sadly my understanding of far past is limited but I been here for a long time about 7 years online back then updates didn't hurt the game in any way i know of at least
      ehy was skilled at making super tesla too ended up getting a update that got super tesla added bug fix settings  

i think another fix is just add Steroid Tanking as a setting players room host can turn on or off  same way super tesla works 
      it make both sides happy 

red alert 1 is a very unique game hotkeys & base walking 
      being able too q & gq simultaneously 1 group of tanks is what made game fun for me 

my decision too retire or not is not set in stone all options are on the table its not too late yet 
      its depends on if this update patch gets fixed or not and the responses too my posts 

• By Ford (retired)
      In Red Alert 1 since there are so few players already, there is a big issue of players camping the top 3 spots and then not playing at all which effectively causes the ladder to be unplayable on certain days.  I think a decay system should be an option for each ladder to be enabled and mitigate this issue.  Decay settings would be a signifcant improvement, but the grace period and amount of decay should be customizable like the other settings.
       - add ability to set grace period
       - ability to set the % of total points lost per day after grace period is up
       - ability to set the lowest rank to be affected and/or make it so points cannot decay lower than (ie. 5th rank's points)
       - display to players if they are going to decay and how long until they do
           Thank you for creating the quickmatch ladder.  I hope the devs all enjoyed doing so.
      Cheers