C&C95 Patch 1.06c revision 2 released

Nyerguds

Project 1.06 finally updates, more than a year after the previous release.

news_106c-r2_logo-trans-sm.png

Combining the classic exe hacking with the external CnC-DDraw dll gives this new release a huge list of new features.

Read the ModDB release article for a full overview of the new features.

Here's a quick overview of the major additions:

• Free resolution control; you can play in any resolution you want
  • Videos can be stretched without black horizontal lines in them
  • Videos can be stretched to fullscreen in higher resolutions
  • A windowed mode is available
  • Better support for maps with less than 6 starting points
  • A new configuration tool combining the settings of both CnC-DDraw and the game itself into one set of easy options.

Some of the smaller features:

• A beep is now played when receiving a message in multiplayer
  • The radar minimap is no longer zoomed in by default
  • All game fonts have been updated to correct errors
  • Colour errors in the stretching of the Nod map selection screens have been fixed

The new patch can be downloaded at the Project 1.06 website.

The full release notes can be found here.

I installed this and it runs really slow on my computer.  Scrolling on the map majorly lags and there's a big delay between clicking on a unit and it being 'activated.'  I think it has something to do with ddraw because this happened whenever I used it in the past to get screenshots.  I've tried messing around with the ddraw config file to no avail.  Any suggestions? 

p.s.  I do really like the fact that the comm center map defaults to a zoomed out picture! :)

Well, you could always disable cnc-ddraw... it' s just an option in the CCConfig tool.

p.s.  I do really like the fact that the comm center map defaults to a zoomed out picture! :)

Now if only I had a patch to get rid of that ages-old reflex to right-click on the minimap right after building a Comm Center XD

"this error message" isn't very useful unless you give the message :P

Neither is "it won't work" without more explanation.

On that note, you need the .net framework to make it run, so if you're on XP, you might still need to install that. Though the installer should check that...

Anyway, without setup tool, just check the conquer.ini data manually. You may want to set it to something else than 1024x640.

By the way, not sure if people realized, but this update means less-than-6-player maps finally work correctly in the game ;)

Also, I tried it out, and you can't join a game if it has enough players joined to completely fill the selected map even if that's less than 6, despite the fact people in the lobby ALWAYS have their "max amount of players" set to 6. You'll get a "request denied" message if the game is full :)

And remove the Windows 95 compatibility mode for the C&C95.exe. It define it as default in the intalation, but it is not recommended if you use cnc-ddraw.

Thanks for the answer i was looking for. The game was lagging and i was like huh! it didnt do that b4 but since i disabled the compatability it fixed it thanks

Next release will have the C&C95.exe processed by a little (official MS) tool that'll force it to always only use Core 0, which should probably completely remove the need for any compatibility mode, in any situation.

Now I just have to figure out how to make InnoSetup delete registry items on install -_-

Thanks again Nyerguds.

Along with the translators, became a DEV Team - Kamikave, AlexB, Pichorra.

And thanks Pichorra for the "tunning".

That's a community spirit!

Ah, one more thing, don't go sleep tomorrow without getting busted playing LKO's "Hard Invasion" ...

can you add the other colour shemes on multiplayer ? want to play grey or brown

Sorry, I haven't found out how to do that yet, mainly because of the automatic correction system the game has to change a joined player's colour if someone with that colour is already in the game.

Also, I'll have to add the new colours to the main menu's palette (= the palette of the background image)... not sure how easy that will be.

Thanks again Nyerguds.

Along with the translators, became a DEV Team - Kamikave, AlexB, Pichorra.

And thanks Pichorra for the "tunning".

That's a community spirit!

Too true... having an actual team of translators was an amazing help for this patch. I should really give Kamikave and AlexB more credit than just the small mention in the readme, somehow. The way they jump on every translation I ask and usually post it back within a day is really amazing.

CnC-DDraw has been known to cause slowdowns on some systems in combination with compatibility mode. Since the game runs perfectly without it (IF you use CnC-DDraw), you might want to try that first.

The next version's config tool will have better support for this; automatically disabling compatibility mode when CnC-DDraw is enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

interesting.... So I decided to play the "tiberian dawn for pros" that I made and I noticed a lot of the maps have 3 or 4 cells at the bottom cut off, causing some units to start off of the map.  These worked perfectly fine before R2 and I'm at a loss why the map would be different when I had not changed the .ini's at all.