Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kikematamitos

What resolution do you prefer and why?

Recommended Posts

What resolution is the first  picture? 2560 x 1440? It looks quite small but you have a better view at the map what is an advantage.

 

 

Edited by AlliedRising
  • Check 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlliedRising said:

What resolution is the first  picture? 2560 x 1440? It looks quite small but you have a better view at the map what is an advantage.

 

 

Top is 1920 x 1080 and bottom is 1280 x 720 like you can see both are proper scaled for this game and nothing looks stretched, watch this: 

posted image

Only red line is the perfect for this game, the rest make the game stretched 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

Only red line is the perfect for this game, the rest make the game stretched 

Actually the game was designed and developed for the blue line aspect ratio 4:3...

  • Check 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use 1600x1024, I found that's the biggest I could go without diminishing returns

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Actually the game was designed and developed for the blue line aspect ratio 4:3...

True but i see it very good in the red line maybe they fix it for that more popular resolution i men the full HD? can you say an example of were we can see a fail in game? i mean in my laptop with 1366 x 768 the game looks a bit stretched (maybe my older videos was in that resolution) and things like rhino turrets looks like saw teeth but that not happens in 1920 x 1080. 

Edited by Kikematamitos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

higher reso for gameplay

lower reso for observing

 

Kike pero si ya has tenido el canal mas popular  de videos de yuris. Yo pienso que lo hacias bien. Si te lo piden mucho, lo puedes variad. Has unos videos en baja resoluccion y otros en alta. Alamejor le pones en el titulo que "for mobile" y "HD" o algo asi. Ese Kike! espero tu nuevo video en youtube. Aver para cuando nos jugamos.

 

Edited by KissMySedonaPass
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andy. said:

I use 1600x1024, I found that's the biggest I could go without diminishing returns

Andy, do you mean because the radar gets too small or clicking accuracy became an issue (or both)? Also, I'm curious what size screen you're playing on. I imagine that has to factor in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asilentecho said:

Andy, do you mean because the radar gets too small or clicking accuracy became an issue (or both)? Also, I'm curious what size screen you're playing on. I imagine that has to factor in.


Pretty much.

My monitor is 1920x1080 when I used that resolution in YR it was harder to select units, the box to select units seemed a bit buggy (for me)
with the resolution I use now I have had none of these problems and I can see plenty.

If these guys that use massive resolutions lowered it down a bit it would probably help them out too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KissMySedonaPass said:

higher reso for gameplay

lower reso for observing

 

Kike pero si ya has tenido el canal mas popular  de videos de yuris. Yo pienso que lo hacias bien. Si te lo piden mucho, lo puedes variad. Has unos videos en baja resoluccion y otros en alta. Alamejor le pones en el titulo que "for mobile" y "HD" o algo asi. Ese Kike! espero tu nuevo video en youtube. Aver para cuando nos jugamos.

 

Claro, hoy estuve buscando partidas, tal vez me puedas encontrar en Discord or skype 

5 hours ago, asilentecho said:

Andy, do you mean because the radar gets too small or clicking accuracy became an issue (or both)? Also, I'm curious what size screen you're playing on. I imagine that has to factor in.

With that resolution you don't need to watch radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

i mean in my laptop with 1366 x 768 the game looks a bit stretched (maybe my older videos was in that resolution) and things like rhino turrets looks like saw teeth but that not happens in 1920 x 1080. 

If you play at 800x600 the resolution that was standard back when the game was released, you will see rhino turrets with "saw teeth" also known as Aliasing.
It's less visible at higher resolutions because the saw teeth become smaller.

  • Check 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, RaVaGe said:

If you play at 800x600 the resolution that was standard back when the game was released, you will see rhino turrets with "saw teeth" also known as Aliasing.
It's less visible at higher resolutions because the saw teeth become smaller.

So there is no difference or stretched things between 800 X 600 and 1280 x 720? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have monitor 27" 1920X1200. Ingame resolution is the same. Its the best! Not small objects because of big monitor + big observe zone. I think its the best for ra2. This is not a standart resolution, it is more than standart. additional 120 lines is very useful. I dont know is there monitors whith such resolution in shops, but you can buy used. My model is ASUS vw266h. It have to be cheap now. Its old but good. Colors much better than have DELL whith same resolution.

Im thinking about buying 43" 3840X2160 monitor. Will it be all too small on this monitor, or i have buy 47" for this resolution? Does RA2 support 3840X2160? Will be able 1050ti process 4k resolution in ra2 whithout lags?

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...