Tiberian Dawn - The Huge Collection (single player)

Chimas

Yeah, replacement campaigns often disregard the buildlevel setting since the campaign forced it anyway, causing them to be stuck on either "1", "98" or "99", or whatever campaign mission happened to be used as map base . You'll have to look which missions it was meant to replace in the original pack and set the buildlevel correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

::: Link1 ::: Link2   ::: Cover :::

ZIP file - 2.9 Mb

Hallo Commander!

You will NOT FIND these missions in the rest of the project, I have it only in Savegame format, playable in DOS.

It does not work in the current patch.

======================

Missions sorted by NAME:

A - B  ::: Air Hunter, Always, Asylum, Battle of the North River, BattleField, Blood Creek, Blood Zero, Bridge Assault, Brutal Battle, Bush Fire

C - D  ::: C&Th (?), CnC City, Commander Grullef, Dark Zone, Death Squad, Death Wish, Deep Sky, Der Urlaub, Destroy, Die Olfelder, Die Verschanzung auf der Insel, Die Wasserstelle, DieHard, Dynamical War

Don Durie minipack - Lost at Sea + South of the Border + Surround

E - J ::: End is Near, Extremities, Factory Wall, Failure, Final Fight, Fire Fight, Frontal, FrontLine Remix, Gun Down, Insanity, Intimidation, Irony, Island Fortress, Island

K - M ::: Kampfbereit, Landing, Legend Lx, Lev3AE, Low Tech, LX-Oil, Massacre

N - R ::: Nate Ruddick - GDI Campaign, Nate Ruddick - Nod Campaign, No Surrender, NOD Copter, Nod Mud Clan, OnSlaught, Out of Time, Power ON, Power Run, Prisons Edge, PsychoTrope, Rebel HQ

S - W ::: SAM Destroy, Saved 1, Secret Ways, Seize, SportSter, StarMix, Strange World, Targe Biology, Target LX, Target One, Terror, The Swarm, TOFC, True Blood, Trust, Vicinity, Winter Mix

======================

Greetings!

Edited by Chimas

Yeah, replacement campaigns often disregard the buildlevel setting since the campaign forced it anyway, causing them to be stuck on either "1", "98" or "99", or whatever campaign mission happened to be used as map base . You'll have to look which missions it was meant to replace in the original pack and set the buildlevel correctly.

For some reason I didn't notice your reply!  You are indeed correct; the Wounded Eagle levels do not have a buildlevel set in the .ini's.  Solo, I'm assuming this is a problem in quite a few of the missions that have more than one map that were meant to replace original evels.  that can easily be fixed by adding a buildlevel that corresponds with the mission number it is supposed to replace.  Can you perhaps fix these bugs and release a patched version?  I can do it myself of course, but was thinking that a patched version would benefit everyone, and not just my own installation.

Hi Lightning,

I tend to agree with your point of view.

As far as I understood you are saying that the correct parameters would be Buildlevel=1 to mission 01, Buildlevel=2 to mission 02 and so forth up to Buildlevel=15 to mission 15, right?

First, the BuildLevels are there, so the former author put them there.

Second, the majority is set to 15, what is weird. Maybe the editors come with a default value set to 15 in case the author forget this issue, but then I would have to confirm.

Perhaps Nyerguds (and others) has something else to say also, which so far is in the same way you've proposed.

I have no problem in changing if what it seems to be appropriate was really the effect wanted by the authors.

Let me check it first. It envolves 300 missions or more, not only this campaign.

I'll take a better look in the next weekend and we keep talking.

Hey Solo, I might be able to help you out if I get some time by listing the correct buildlevel for each campaign and mission.  I think the best way to do this is to read the text file that comes with the mission.  The mapper should say which mission was meant to be replaced.  I can browse through the readme files and tell you which missions need to have a fixed buildlevel.  This way, all you have to do is modify the .ini file with the maps that need to be changed, and re-release the pack. 

I have a feeling most of the single missions are fine.  Most authors intended their missions to use the max buildlevel, as if it replaces mission 15.  Do you have an archive of all the readme files?  I just realized they are not included with the release.  I could use them to start telling you which ones need to be changed.

It would probably be a smart idea to include all the readme files with this release anyway, so that credit is given in the form of an intact document from the original authors.  The readme files often contain tips and tricks to help complete the missions, as well as other valuable information.

Oh yes,

I can assure you most of these missions are fine about buildlevel, but I can't assure you that ALL of them are fine.

Anyway, inside every zip file comes ALL the files I've found for each mission, including the TXT files you refer. A small number of these missions comes with NO TXT files.

But in general they are there. If you wanna help, my only warning is that it might be a boring task, but since most of the project have been undertake at late night, it would be appreciated this type of help.

In the cover you get all links and you can use the excel file MISSION INDEX to help you out in this task, although it's around 90% updated.

I have a lot of comments there about buildlevel, so you can also audit the work for quality assurement purpose. You will see I've been annoyed with buildlevels since the begining eheheheh ...

Clearing out:

for example, inside the ZIP file SCG100.ZIP you'll find an excel file, a MIX file and 20 other ZIP files. The TXT files are in these secondary ZIP files.

In the other hand if you download ONLY the file CATALOG.ZIP, then you'll get only MIX files.

Perhaps you ran to the MIX files and didn't bother to open the ZIP files (because no one needs them in a first moment) ...

\edit

If you could wait until the end of next friday, I'll be updating some support files.

Also, all files I have are in this FOLDER. Everything I have is available for public access, this way no one needs to depend on me:

[*]Outside the SUBFOLDERS are the released material.

[*]Inside the SUBFOLDERS are the WIP (work in progress)

Nyerguds, do you know what the difference is exactly between tech levels 13, 14, 15, and 98?  I noticed that the final NOD mission 13, for example, has the tech level set at 15 (for all 3 of them).  NOD mission #12 is set to buildlevel=12, which means that tech levels 13 and 14 are skipped in the original C&C.  Is there any difference between 13, 14, and 15?  The GDI missions make more sense, since there are 15 of them.  As you can see below, every level in the game matches with the BuildLevel, except NOD mission #13, which skips two tech levels:

NOD Mission 12 - BuildLevel=12

NOD Mission 13 - BuildLevel=15

GDI Mission 13 - BuildLevel=13

GDI Mission 14 - BuildLevel=14

GDI Mission 15 - BuildLevel=15

Edit:  Also Nyerguds, what are buildlevels like 30, 95, 96, etc.?  I've seen some custom missions with completely random buildlevels such as these.  Are they any different than buildlevel 15?

Solo, I've started looking through the readme files.  So far, I think I've found 3 errors.  I think many of the .ini files that came with these missions originally had the incorrect buildlevel set.  Take a look at SCB106ea for example.  The original .ini file (that came with the map) says BuildLevel=13.  However, the readme file CLEARLY says that it is supposed to replace NOD mission #1.  It even says you are only supposed to build minigunners.  This mission needs to be changed to BuildLevel=1.

Here are 3 errors that I've found so far in the buildlevels:

SCB106ea

BuildLevel=1

(you have it set to 13; it should be 1)

SCB113ea

BuildLevel=11

(you have it set to 15, but the readme file says it should replace mission #11)

SCB115ea

BuildLevel=15

(you have it set to 99, which allows the player to build some things they shouldn't.  The readme file says it should replace the last mission).

I haven't looked through very many, but these are the errors I've found so far.

15 is 13 + You can build CY

14 is pretty much the same as 13.

98 you can build everything.

In Tech level 99, you can build unbuildable stuff, like Hospital, Chemical Facility, and Civilians :P

Thanks.  What about the buildlevels from 16-97?  Do these do anything, or are they the same as 15?  I've seen some missions set to random things like 30, 96, etc..

Edit:  Hey Solo, Aren't SCB140 and SCB141 supposed to be a campaign?  Also, all the Frank Kohlrus maps (SCB142-156) are supposed to be part of a large campaign also, right?  Why are these map set up as individual missions?  Can't they be together as one entry like Wounded Eagle?

« Reply #32 on: 20 June 2012, 17:48:27 » moved to here:

Excellent,

Keep listing what you find and I'll change it.

Next update on this will be this weekend.

========================================

SCB140 & SCB141 are part of campaign that is almost completely a waste of time, only 2 or 3 missions were taken out and are a bit worthy.

If you use XCC or CCMAP I can send you this "campaign" so you can take a look. I mean it, it's very poor.

The Kohlrus missions are a collection of SP missions with no sense of context. You can see it by reading the briefings which are pretty direct instructions.

You will find many authors with "isolated" missions: Al Paterson, LKO, Jeff Fehric.

I keep campaigns when they refer to it. Sometimes I sense it's a campaign but since I haven't found any TXT files, I keep it apart.

In other cases I took a year to find the complete mini-campaign like OssiForce and Terrorist War (se SC?900), so they started as single and later became to mini-campaign.

And there is a campaign called Arctic Missions with 8 missions where I reserved it to convert some of them to SNOW theater. One is ready and published here at cnc-comm.

• 1 month later...

I'll be checking the cloud share system cause both of them had updated their services.

Sugarsync for instance will no longer allow public links. They will become semi-public links since you have to register an e-mail AND instal their program.

I'll see what I can do. The first idea is to leave a general message like "make contact if you need access to this link" but this is not a solution.

Anyways, the LINK2 links (Sugarsync) will remain available up to the end of August.

I might move to DropBox, I gotta study the case.

15 is 13 + You can build CY

14 is pretty much the same as 13.

98 you can build everything.

In Tech level 99, you can build unbuildable stuff, like Hospital, Chemical Facility, and Civilians :P

Thanks.  What about the buildlevels from 16-97?  Do these do anything, or are they the same as 15?  I've seen some missions set to random things like 30, 96, etc..

Edit:  Hey Solo, Aren't SCB140 and SCB141 supposed to be a campaign?  Also, all the Frank Kohlrus maps (SCB142-156) are supposed to be part of a large campaign also, right?  Why are these map set up as individual missions?  Can't they be together as one entry like Wounded Eagle?

16-97 are the same as 15.

The buildlevels in the missions themselves have no real significance. It's the buildings and units that have a 'can first be built at level XX" set, so that determines what a buildlevel value really means. It's obvious that none of the units or buildings would use any of the numbers between the original campaign numbers and the special 98 and 99 cases.

So yeah, normal buildlevels are 1-15, with 98 being equivalent to multiplayer tech level 7.

As a rule, build level 99 should NEVER be used. It was for beta testing only. It allows building stuff like the Mobile HQ; 'nuff said  :P

• 5 months later...

Hi there

I've discovered recently SVN Tortoise, thus this project is there and I'm giving a try.

So, here is the link to access the Huge TD Collection.

Note that the content is the same you already get in the cloud services.

Please be patient, although seems to be simple, I'm learning how it works. I want to know what else can be done with SVN.

Anyway, join us anytime.

Yeah, I can stop replicating processes too.

For example, now, if I update an INI, then I have to "pack" it in a ZIP file and put in the proper place. Also I have duplicated MIX files, so I have to change them and later on substitute the old one.

If I move to folders and files alone, I cut a lot of logistics.

I'm thinking about it and will probably change it.

• 4 months later...

Hey Solo, I was looking at the buildlevel of Wounded Eagle some more today.  If you look at the .ini files included in "levels.zip", they have strange build levels.  For example, "SCG02EA", which should be the 2nd mission, has a buildlevel of 15.  I think the original Wounded Eagle missions were set up to take the place of the original C&C missions though, so "SCG02EA" should replace level 2, which would give it a default buildlevel of 2.  I think the missions need to have buildlevels in correspondence with their level number.  So SCG01EA = buildlevel 1, SCG02EA = buildlevel 2, etc..

I'll check that during this week.

I've noticed that the  moment I got the campaign. I think I had changed some of those level parameters myself for some reason I don't remember now.

I'll take a look and comeback here later to comment.

Thanks for the warning.

Solo, I think SCB164 "Assault - Campaign A" as well as SCB165 "Assault - Campaign B" have the same issue as Wounded Eagle.  The readme files state that these missions are supposed to replace NOD missions 1-5, yet some of the buildlevels are set to random things like 5, 6, and 8.

Also, here is a list of all build errors I have found so far in the other missions.  I am still looking through them.  I am about halfway done.  I'll report any more bugs I find.

SCB106ea

BuildLevel=1

(you have it set to 13; it should be 1)

SCB113ea

BuildLevel=11

(you have it set to 15, but the readme file says it should replace mission #11)

SCB117

BuildLevel=15

(The original replaces mission #13 I think.  BuildLevel is currently set to 95, which I'm sure is incorrect).

SCB119

BuildLevel=15

(readme file says it should replace the last NOD mission, but is currently set at 6).

SCB120

BuildLevel=15

(readme file says it should replace the last NOD mission, but the buildlevel is set to 96).

I still have many more missions to look through, but I'll report other bugs to you as I find them, Solo.

Hey Nyerguds, are you around?  I need some clarification on something.  At what point does C&C actually use the buildlevel in the .ini file?  Is it only with Covert Operations?  For example, some of the old 1996 missions have readme files that say GDI levels 1-3 are replaced, yet the included .ini files have different buildlevels like 8, 11, 99, etc.  Does C&C disregard those buildlevels and instead go by the mission number?  For example, "SCG01EA" would default to buildlevel=1.  Or does C&C actually use the buildlevel in the .ini file?  I need clarification so I can help Solo fix the buildlevels in all these missions.  After all, the buildlevels for the "New Missions" menu need to be set correctly.  Thanks.

Originally, the game ignored the Buildlevel setting in the campaign missions (1-20) and always used it outside that.

I changed this to an option in rules.ini, which, by default, enables the Buildlevel setting.

In other words, the game ALWAYS reads the Buildlevel now, even in the campaign.

As for your remarks there, if the Buildlevels in old missions don't match the actual missions they replace, it means they're meant to have the Buildlevels of what they replace. A lot of mission files started from a copy of an existing mission to have the basic sections all there, and a lot of authors just didn't bother adjusting the buildlevel setting, since they knew it didn't work anyway.

Of course, it's very possible some people made and tested their missions on Covert Ops, and then distributed them replacing the first campaign missions so they'd "play as a campaign", without actually testing that, and without ever realizing it messed up the buildlevel. You can usually spot this by looking at the overall tech level in the mission though, and the teamtypes built by the enemy.