Tiberian Dawn - The Huge Collection (single player)

Chimas

As for your remarks there, if the Buildlevels in old missions don't match the actual missions they replace, it means they're meant to have the Buildlevels of what they replace. A lot of mission files started from a copy of an existing mission to have the basic sections all there, and a lot of authors just didn't bother adjusting the buildlevel setting, since they knew it didn't work anyway.

Of course, it's very possible some people made and tested their missions on Covert Ops, and then distributed them replacing the first campaign missions so they'd "play as a campaign", without actually testing that, and without ever realizing it messed up the buildlevel. You can usually spot this by looking at the overall tech level in the mission though, and the teamtypes built by the enemy.

Thanks for the reply.  My question was about how the old C&C handled the buildlevels before your patch (which you answered in the 2nd part of your response).  Sorry for not clarifying.  So basically, I should disregard the buildlevel in the original .ini and instead go by the name?  For example, if the old file was SCG09EA.ini, then the buildlevel should be 9, since it previously replaced mission 9.  And of course, I should look at the readme file to clarify that this was the intention of the author.  If it was a cover operations mission, then I should use the actual buildlevel included in the .ini file.  Correct me if I'm wrong on any point!

Thanks for the reply.  My question was about how the old C&C handled the buildlevels before your patch (which you answered in the 2nd part of your response).

Actually, the answer to that is the very first line of my post :huh:

Originally, the game ignored the Buildlevel setting in the campaign missions (1-20) and always used it outside that.

For the rest, yep, that seems like the right way to handle it.

Actually, the answer to that is the very first line of my post :huh:

Whoops, I had to go back and read it again.  you are right.    :P

Hey Solo, why was scg095 taken out of the compilation?  Also, please ignore my earlier list on this thread for corrected buildlevels.  I'm updating them again based on the info Nyerguds gave me.  The next list will be complete, and have accurate buildlevels.

It's there, just not properly explained:

- Missions below SC#100 are campaigns;

- Missions from SC#100 to SC#899 are single player missions;

- Missions above SC#900 are mini-campaigns.

I'll put this in the cover

Solo, I'm confused about something.  When I download all the individual .zip files, such as scg100.zip, scg120.zip, etc. - they come with individual maps.  However, I've found that some of them do not appear in the list in the game.  For example, "SCB164 - Assault - Campaign A - Skibinski and English" does not appear in the New Missions list.  Instead, I see "The Framing".  Are the .zip files up to date?  I was using them as a reference, but now I'm not sure they are the correct missions...  I can't give you a list of missions to fix unless I know the proper order.  Are the .ini files contained in the individual .zip files up to date?  For example, if I open "SCB102 - The Steps - Gary Bryson", I find "SCB102EA.ini".  Is this the latest file contained in the compilation?  Can I use this as a reference?  Or should I go through and extract all the .ini files from the .mix files?

Well,

I have to ask if your files are up to date, because SCB164 is "The Framming" everywhere I access(both links, MIX file, Excel file and ZIP files).

In the past, SCB164 could have been "Assault A", but the mini-campaigns were reorganized to be placed above 900 now.

Some missions were  forced to move due to limitations in the coding system.

Start your tasks from the catalog page and choose one of the links alone to work(Link1 or Link2). After any change is submitted, I'll check and replace in both links.

About SCB102, I didn't catch what's the problem?

Also, Mission.Index.xls is incomplete, but not wrong (afaik).

One last comment is: you have multiple sources and registers. If you have the same info in 5 places and only 1 is different from the rest, you can assume I made a mistake and decide in behalf of the 5 observations that are most likely to be right. Many of these things were done over night.

If you want to clear out better what you need I'll be around during this weekend.

Greetings!

I didn't realize you did any updates.  I just now downloaded them all again. Hopefully my buildlevel changes still apply.  Why is there no download link to SCG95 on the first page?  Also, I don't see "Assault A" or "Assault B" anywhere in the new compilation. Were they taken out completely?

All I was asking was if the .ini files inside all the zip files are the same as the ones in the .mix compilation.  If I open SCB100.zip for example, it contains 20 .zip files, each containing two .ini files (the original, and the new one created by you).  I just want to make sure the one created by you is the correct version.  I am basing all my work off these zip files.  What I do is open each zip file, compare the two .ini files, read the readme file, and give you the correct buildlevel off that.  If the .ini files are out of date, then I will waste hours of my time, so I'm just double checking.

Why is there no download link to SCG95 on the first page?

It's how things are structured. From SCG100 to SCG119 you get 20 missions. SCG95 alone gives you 15 missions. Below 100 and above 900, things are presented in a different way.

I started with a list for scg95 to scg99, then we will have later another list for scg90, another for scg85 and so on.

All I was asking was if the .ini files inside all the zip files are the same as the ones in the .mix compilation.

Yes, the bin/ini pair inside the ZIP files should have the same content of the bin/ini pair inside the MIX file. You can base your work on the former.

Also you can read the comments inside mission.index.xls, about buildlevels.

It's how things are structured. From SCG100 to SCG119 you get 20 missions. SCG95 alone gives you 15 missions. Below 100 and above 900, things are presented in a different way.

I started with a list for scg95 to scg99, then we will have later another list for scg90, another for scg85 and so on.

I understand that, but I still don't see Wounded Eagle, Assault A, or Assault B anywhere in the downloads (I was going to check the buildlevels for you).  I have downloaded every file, and they don't exist anymore.  All I'm asking is if they were removed.  Are you in the process of adding them back or something?

Edit:  Hey Solo, I have another question for you.  Why did you sometimes change the buildlevel to 13 in missions that should be 15?  For example, in mission.index, you say this for scb181: "recovered mission / Build Level was 15, now is 13".  However, the mission is supposed to replace the final NOD level, which is buildlevel 15.  If you open the original scb13EA.ini in General.mix, the buildlevel is 15, not 13.  There are quite a few missions that I've come across that should be 15 instead of 13.

Solo, I was trying to give you the correct buildlevels for Wounded Eagle today, but I can't without knowing which missions you replaced with what.  I noticed there are around 27 missions in "levels.zip", yet only 15 missions in SCG95.zip.  There is no way for me to know which missions you replaced with what.  You have to tell me what they are, if you know.  For example, SCG01EA = SCG95EA,  SCG02EA = SCG95EB, etc.  Otherwise, I can't accurately read the buildlevels.  Thanks, Solo.

Level.zip -

15 missions from scg01 to scg15. Disregard the variations like SCG01EB and etc.

Scg95.zip -

scg95ea - M1, scg95eb - M2 ... scg95ee

then W series e by last X series.

Not sure what you mean by "then W series e by last X series."

But as far as I can tell, the buildlevels should just go like this?

SCG95EA

Buildlevel=01

SCG95EB

Buildlevel=02

SCG95EC

Buildlevel=03

SCG95ED

Buildlevel=04

..And so on, all the way to 15.  All the buildlevels will be wrong if you skipped any missions though.  Like if you replaced SCG95I with SCG11 or something (instead of SCG9)

Lightning,

EA,EB,EC,ED,EE - E series

then

WA,WB,WC,WD,WE - W series

then

XA,XB,XC,XD,XE- X series

then goes to the next number at EA

suggest a read at Nyerguds page, because you'll have more questions and it's all there.

Iran,

I've tried git, but have found SVN more user friendly, thanks.

I'm not an IT guy ... : (

Lightning,

EA,EB,EC,ED,EE - E series

then

WA,WB,WC,WD,WE - W series

then

XA,XB,XC,XD,XE- X series

then goes to the next number at EA

suggest a read at Nyerguds page, because you'll have more questions and it's all there.

Ok, I get it now.  But you still didn't answer my question.  Did you skip any missions in Wounded Eagle, or did you make them all in order?  I can't guess what the buildlevels should be until I know what you replaced with what.

Ok Solo, after many hours of reading all the readme files and carefully studying the names of the original .ini files, I believe these are all the mistakes.  about half of these mistakes have to do with BuildLevel 13 of NOD that should be 15.

SCB102
BuildLevel=13

SCB106
BuildLevel=1

SCB108
BuildLevel=1

SCB113
BuildLevel=11

SCB115
BuildLevel=15  

SCB117
BuildLevel=15

SCB119
BuildLevel=15

SCB120
BuildLevel=15

SCB121
BuildLevel=15

SCB122
BuildLevel=15

SCB123
BuildLevel=15

SCB124
BuildLevel=15

SCB126
BuildLevel=15

SCB131
BuildLevel=15

SCB132
BuildLevel=15

SCB133
BuildLevel=15

SCB134
BuildLevel=15

SCB135
BuildLevel=15
SCB139
BuildLevel=15

SCB140
BuildLevel=2

SCB141
BuildLevel=6

SCB159
BuildLevel=7

SCB160
BuildLevel=15

SCB161
BuildLevel=15

SCB162
BuildLevel=15

SCB164
BuildLevel=15

SCB181
BuildLevel=15

SCB185
BuildLevel=15

SCB188
BuildLevel=12

SCB191
BuildLevel=15

SCB217
BuildLevel=15

SCB901EA
BuildLevel=15

SCB901EB
BuildLevel=15

SCB903EA
BuildLevel=15

SCB904EA
BuildLevel=15

SCB904EA
BuildLevel=15

SCB904EB
BuildLevel=12

SCB904EC
BuildLevel=15

SCG109
BuildLevel=15

SCG140
BuildLevel=1

SCG165
BuildLevel=15

SCG173
BuildLevel=12

SCG182
BuildLevel=15

SCG208
This Level should be for NOD, not GDI
BuildLevel=15

SCG211
BuildLevel=15

SCG219
BuildLevel=15

SCG217
BuildLevel=15

SCG219
BuildLevel=15

SCG226
BuildLevel=15

SCG227
BuildLevel=13

SCG231
BuildLevel=14

SCG232
BuildLevel=8

SCG233
BuildLevel=11

SCG237
BuildLevel=10

SCG238
BuildLevel=10

SCG258
BuildLevel=15

SCG259
BuildLevel=7

SCG263
BuildLevel=15

SCG264
BuildLevel=15

SCG276
BuildLevel=15

SCG319
BuildLevel=1

SCG900EC
BuildLevel=14

SCG901EB
BuildLevel=2

SCG903EA
BuildLevel=1

SCG903EB
BuildLevel=2

As for Wounded Eagle (SCG95), I believe the BuildLevels just need to be in numerical order.  For example:

SCG95EA
BuildLevel=1

SCG95EB
BuildLevel=2

SCG95EC
BuildLevel=3

SCG95ED
BuildLevel=4

SCG95EE
BuildLevel=5

SCG95WA
BuildLevel=6

SCG95WB
BuildLevel=7

SCG95WC
BuildLevel=8

SCG95WD
BuildLevel=9

SCG95WE
BuildLevel=10

SCG95XA
BuildLevel=11

SCG95XB
BuildLevel=12

SCG95XC
BuildLevel=13

SCG95XD
BuildLevel=14

SCG95XE
BuildLevel=15

The only thing left to mention is that the Assault missions seem to be lost.  They were in the original pack of yours, but are no longer there.  I'm not sure what you did with them.  Also, are you going to add the latest missions created and released on this forum?

Ok,

Some thoughts and answers before anything

The only thing left to mention is that the Assault missions seem to be lost. They were in the original pack of yours, but are no longer there.  I'm not sure what you did with them...

I might had took them out, I'll check where they are. They are not lost, perhaps I took it out for later re-release.

Also, are you going to add the latest missions created and released on this forum?

Yes, I'm already doing that, check the last "alone-missions" numbers in both sides. Some of Matt Attack's missions are there, for example. But newer, from the last 12 months are not.

I have to ask a last task before performing the changes: can you pick randomly 2 or 3 missions and play it to see if the build level makes sense with the Briefing?

Ok Solo, after many hours of reading all the readme files and carefully studying the names of the original .ini files, I believe these are all the mistakes.  about half of these mistakes have to do with BuildLevel 13 of NOD that should be 15.

This is wrong. Nod's last build level IS 13. The game has a bunch of internal exceptions to upgrade Nod's tech levels, to let them build stuff which is tecnically, internally, several levels higher. So please, do NOT change stuff like that! It will not react like the internal game stats.

For example, in GDI mission 2, you can not train engineers with your Barracks, nor can you build the Refinery. However, once you capture the Nod construction Yard, you can build the Refinery, and if you build a Hand of Nod you can also train Engineers. This is because for Nod, the buildlevel prerequisites of individual units and structures are tweaked to act differently; I've seen this code in the exe. This applies to many other things, including advanced power plants, which are buildlevel 13 and would thus normally only be buildable for Nod in the very last mission. In reality, I believe they can build them at level 11.

So don't change that, because even for missions launched through the Covert Ops menu, these buildlevel exceptions apply.

Yes, but the BuildLevel for NOD mission 13 is 15.  Take a look at scb13.ini in general.mix.

You seem to forget that the campaign originally ignored that setting. I made that buildlevel change myself. Its only purpose is to allow you to build MCVs in the final mission. I thought it would only be fair, since GDI gets to do that.

Since this is the final mission anyway, and with the buildlevel tweaks for Nod, this is literally the only difference between buildlevels 13 and 15, for Nod.

Hi Lightning,

I was hoping that Nyerguds would have looked your findings and, since it was taking time, I've sent him a message to notice it.

I'd have commented that myself, but since there's an year that I don't make any substantial maintenance, I had to ask for help to Nyerguds on this, to avoid compromising accuracy and validity of the information.

Yet, tomorrow is a holiday here, so I think I'll be able to look item by item and make other corrections that I might agree with you. What I can tell is, even before your corrections I have done changes in Buildlevels, but since I had to make so many changes, I focused more on maps, triggers and teamtypes and I was really hoping that someone eventually would come along and verify these buildlevels, so I believe the effort will not be lost and some things must be discussed. After that, editing is easy.

This is wrong. Nod's last build level IS 13. The game has a bunch of internal exceptions to upgrade Nod's tech levels, to let them build stuff which is tecnically, internally, several levels higher. So please, do NOT change stuff like that! It will not react like the internal game stats.

I wish someone had told me this when I posted the questions months ago (and again recently) before I looked through hundreds of .ini files...  Anyway, Solo, the rest of the corrections I've made should still hold true.  The only ones that no longer apply are the changes with the NOD missions that go from buildleve 13 to 15.  So a majority of the work is still done for you.  You only have to go through and double check the accuracy of the rest of my list.

• 2 weeks later...