CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Graphics

Genio

• 1 month later...

They're all in the various .mix files in the game folder.

Expand, expand02, hires1, lores1, main.mix, redalert.mix.

If you want to replace a graphic, you can put them in a new expand.mix, numbered sequentially like expand03, expand04.

The game will take the last expandxx.mix and load it on top.

Replacing shp files in RA1 is delicate work. You need to match the shp frames perfectly, or you will get graphics bugs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sgtmyers88
      So long time no chat. lol 😀 Since finally completing the story campaigns for Tiberian Dawn Redux a couple years ago I have been repeatedly approached about carrying the mod over into the RA universe with a spinoff. While it's still in the very early stages of development, Red Alert Redux is slowly being brought to life. I haven't decided if it will be a mini-mod type add-on built into TDR (think GDI/Nod vs. Allies/Soviets in skirmish) or a standalone project built off of the renovated C&C Generals SAGE engine TDR is now using. I know a lot of the assets and coding between the original TD and RA games is nearly the same so it would streamline development quite a bit. (looking into the original game files I noticed a lot of the art and audio assets are using the same filenames to confirm this) The biggest hurdles I have will be making a decent naval system, designing, coding, and animating attack dogs and then the Chronosphere stuff. I may also (as I did with TDR) consolidate the unit and structure tech tree and add unit upgrades and special abilities. (e.g. Engineers doubled as Mechanics and APC's doubled as Medics) So who wants Red Alert Redux? And I will say it will not be a 1:1 remake. As I did with TDR I aim to keep as much of the original wacky tech and atmosphere Westwood developed for TD and RA but also have a more realistic spin on it in both appearance and gameplay. I have been considering consulting with the former Cold War Crisis Mod Team and the guys behind Red Alert: A Path Beyond.

• By DrPhilly
      Hi Guys,

A befriended-long time RA1-player names WorstPlayer is banned all of a sudden. I've checked the logs but I can't find any reason why he could have been banned. I asked NateDiaz for intel, he checked it and tried to unban but that didn't work. I sent Funky a private message via Discord but no response, so that's why I'm posting this topic.

Could someone please unban him? Or if he's banned could you explain to me why, so I can tell him because he has no idea why he has been banned. The Scunthorpe-ban is only for 5 mins, but it seems he's banned for a longer period. He's a decent player, he doesn't use foul language, so please let me know.

<WoRsTpLaYeR> SCUNTHORPE FC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [21:59] :[email protected] MODE #cncnet +b [email protected] [21:59] SpamServ kicked WoRsTpLaYeR (Badword has been found in channel message [Be friendly! 5minute ban].)   Error:Cannot join game you are banned
    • By [Spro]Sin
      The new update the game has made this game a far worse game for me 
      I have been doing much Research of my own hours of testing 
      This is a complex topic that have too sides i understand this 

nicknamed Steroid Tanking by crush, many alternative ways of tanking turned out too exist
       the known ways of tanking are q tanking gq tanking & sgq tanking
      the crush video link cheat methed to used here  ,,,> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Qhj9Nqtx8

alt & g & q  tanking worked before the update for some pros 
      it no longer works
      I don^t fully understand the buttons used or the timing needed 

also gq & q together sametime I used myself mostly in mini q master games vs others pros noobs & the ai no longer works 
      too understand what this is dual q & gq marge into one 
      gq-ing your tanks & q-ing your tanks at the same time has the traits of both q & gq is powerfull tanks auto fire like in gq but by also q-ing u also fire kill more tanks by aiming your self as well

The topic cheating come up on Steroid Tanking  yes many players used the hotkey editer too bind keys into one button yes I agree this is cheating
      but Steroid Tanking its self is not cheating and should not be considerd as cheating it was used be possable hold down 2 buttons on your keyboard same time tank this way do the same kind of thing without cheating of any kind at least with my way of using it 

Steroid Tanking was  a closely guarded secret by many pros who used it myself too i didn't know other pros had there own ways of using it but also I know there was lot more out there then what meets the eye 
      In a black & white world of q gq & sgq its turns out colour existed too

i wish only too preserve game mechanics from being lost forever 

I have many online friends on cncnet i don't want lose my friend ships and the game used to the best game in the world to me there never be a game as this one was 
      however am looking for a new game get into now. red alert 1 was good in its day 

i don't want to cause a butterfly effect but i know philly retire too if I do a lot players be upset too petersky cloutiers return not go well 13clan members be upset many others friends of mine too 
      but the fun in the game is gone for me becouse this patch and update has set the game on the wrong path 

what am asking for is fix the patch so hotkeys work without using cheats too gq & q same time is a tanking style where tanks can be in a q & gq state at the same time and i wish safe as many other ways of tanking as possable

but i dont want players using key binding as this is cheating but there is a differences holding down many buttons with fingers on keyboard and using the hotkey editer to do this 

The level of play in red alert 1 has gone up over the years for many years players didn't know gq existed only use q
      ehy used gq as well he know of it before many others its what made him so powerful in tank batties  
      sadly my understanding of far past is limited but I been here for a long time about 7 years online back then updates didn't hurt the game in any way i know of at least
      ehy was skilled at making super tesla too ended up getting a update that got super tesla added bug fix settings  

i think another fix is just add Steroid Tanking as a setting players room host can turn on or off  same way super tesla works 
      it make both sides happy 

red alert 1 is a very unique game hotkeys & base walking 
      being able too q & gq simultaneously 1 group of tanks is what made game fun for me 

my decision too retire or not is not set in stone all options are on the table its not too late yet 
      its depends on if this update patch gets fixed or not and the responses too my posts 

• By Ford (retired)
      In Red Alert 1 since there are so few players already, there is a big issue of players camping the top 3 spots and then not playing at all which effectively causes the ladder to be unplayable on certain days.  I think a decay system should be an option for each ladder to be enabled and mitigate this issue.  Decay settings would be a signifcant improvement, but the grace period and amount of decay should be customizable like the other settings.
       - add ability to set grace period
       - ability to set the % of total points lost per day after grace period is up
       - ability to set the lowest rank to be affected and/or make it so points cannot decay lower than (ie. 5th rank's points)
       - display to players if they are going to decay and how long until they do
           Thank you for creating the quickmatch ladder.  I hope the devs all enjoyed doing so.
      Cheers
    • By Genio
      Hi again,

I´m trying to build a multiplayer team misson map. So I set IsCoopMode=Yes.
      Do I habe the possebility to fix the coutry for the players? So the player can´t choos soviet or allied?

Thanks for help