Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MrParrot

Tiberian Dawn Mapping Tools in 2020

Hi.

It is 2020 and CnCNet gave us so much improvement when comparing to 2006, when XWIS was the only thing we had.

Back there I remember we basically had 3 Map Editiors for TD:

• CCMap: A Map editor for MS-DOS. Very unstable and ran in Fullscreen on a poor resolution to the day standards. Even poorly now, and we require emulators to run it.
  • CCWMap: A port of the previous map editor to Windows 95. Unstable as hell, but missions created by it worked flawlessly.
  • XCC Map Editor: A new map editor which was great for making multiplayer maps, lot more stable, but bugs prevented single player maps from working.

Since 15 years have passed from there, how is the state of art of map editors in TD? Do we still have these issues in XCC? I see that CCWMap still unstable, even on Wine. Do we have new map editors on the road?

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GradualyWatermelon
      I installed C&C: Dawn of Tomorrow but it doesn't work. I can get it to work by replacing its executable with the one from CnCNet Tiberian Dawn but it will use Tiberian Dawn rules. Any way to get the mod to work without messing it up? Also, here's the error:

• By Kilkakon
      Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow
      for Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn
      Releasing on 30/5/20

C&C: Dawn of Tomorrow is a project for Tiberian Dawn. It has two complete 7 mission campaigns, featuring the main two factions of the project: The Company of Answers and the Forces of Tomorrow. There are also bonus missions for the other factions encountered during the campaigns: Russia, USA, Japan, Chris Brutal's forces and Civilians. The project is not designed for multiplayer at this time--due to the multiple changes I've made to the game, it'd be a little weird (and imbalanced, haha). It's not impossible however if there's interest

Who will you lead to victory? Will you attempt to conquer the world single handedly or seek to outwit the competition with corporate espionage? Will you take hold of one of the countries who are under threat from a dangerous terrorist regime? The choice will be yours... it was always meant to be yours...

The purpose of this thread is to show off some of the content that's being developed as it happens, so everybody's in the know! I welcome feedback and input on anything, and if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

A typical day in the life of a Forces of Tomorrow base. Attacks on all sides. Nothing's getting through.

Japanese forces entrench a small settlement against American aggression

Private security has taken over as the de-facto policing forces in this area. Note the dual tone structures

The Company of Answers lays siege to Tomorrow controlled shores

A forward Tomorrow Redoubt stands in defiance against Russian and US forces

These terrorists seem ripe for the taking... look, they even have Oil Refineries waiting for us... (thanks to White for the graphic I used as a base for mine)

Let's get into it and show off some of the factions' tech trees!

Company of Answers
      Structures

Units

Forces of Tomorrow
      Structures

Units

Russia
      Structures

Units

USA
      Structures

Units

Japan
      Structures

Units

Keep watching this space! I'll be posting at least once a week with how the project is moving along. The next milestone will be a release for people who are interested in my upcoming mission making contest to use! And once again, comments and criticism is most welcome
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      We removed the macOS downloads since Apple dropped support for 32-bit applications in their latest version of macOS (10.15 Catalina).
      Downloads might be added again at a later point once there is a solution for supporting the new macOS Catalina.

If you're running a older version of macOS:

You can still download our old version, but it isn't supported by us anymore and we can't really help you with it if there are issues...
      http://funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/files/CnCNet.dmg

Note: On macOS mojave you'll need to manually give “Accessibility” permissions to CnCNet to be able to play or else you'll end up with a black screen.

If you're running the new macOS Catalina 10.15:

Use bootcamp: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

• By Myg
      I figured since you probably need an old computer or a set-up VM to get these files, its probably worth having available/stored somewhere.
      A zipped file that contains C&C95 and Red Alert untouched installation folders:
      http://krock.online/files/WESTWOODOLD.zip
      Enjoy!

• By FunkyFr3sh
      1. Download and install the game
      https://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-unofficial-patch-106/downloads/cc95-v106c-revision-3-full-game-installer
      2. Download the videos pack to have cutscenes available.
      https://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-unofficial-patch-106/downloads/command-conquer-english-videos-base-pack