Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fl3nd3r

Special unit available for other houses

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to make the terrorist available to all houses for my own project, but I can't.
I don't understand why .. since I've done this many times with other units/special units, "for example" with Desolator.
This is the simple code I used:

[TERROR]
Owner = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
RequiredHouses = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
Prerequisite = GAPILE

Anyone know why it doesn't work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try "Owner=-1
RequiredHouses =-1"

I dont know if it will work, but try...

Edited by CCCP84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solved,
emn ... at the bottom of the page I found this vacant code that invalidated everything:

[TERROR]
Owner =
RequiredHouses =

I don't know how it came : - |

Tx to all :V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Guys it's easy!
Do this trick:
If you want it to be available for all players just make a mailbox out of the map, then assign that mailbox to the players' house like in the image:

1728612309_House-ofplayers.jpg.d8330e85baa334bc21967440b86bef73.jpg

Save the map and open it by notepad++ then write the code:

[TERROR]
Prerequisite=CAMISC04

and you can give free spysat in the same time for all players by adding this code to the mailbox:

[CAMISC04]
Name=Mail Box
Spysat=yes

Edited by YosefAnan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try this:

[TERROR]
Owner = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
RequiredHouses = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
Prerequisite = BARRACKS

The Engineer also use Prerequisite = BARRACKS type. Though, they have different voice...

Edited by NHG(N_HuyGamingVN)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, YosefAnan said:

Guys it's easy!
Do this trick:
If you want it to be available for all players just make a mailbox out of the map, then assign that mailbox to the players' house like in the image:

1728612309_House-ofplayers.jpg.d8330e85baa334bc21967440b86bef73.jpg

Save the map and open it by notepad++ then write the code:

[TERROR]
Prerequisite=CAMISC04

and you can give free spysat in the same time for all players by adding this code to the mailbox:

[CAMISC04]
Name=Mail Box
Spysat=yes

Interesting solution..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

give those mailboxes the Immune= tag so they dont get knocked out with a nuke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also add Invisible=yes so it can’t be seen on the map, but grants its attributes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, Concolor1 said:

You could also add Invisible=yes so it can’t be seen on the map, but grants its attributes.

OT:

I dusted off one of my favorite singleplayer missions,

and discovered after so many years that you are the creator.

My most sincere congratulations,

you are a genius.

ops .. It's called Under Pressure: D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that’s one of mine. Thankyou but to be fair anyone with a good working knowledge of the editor could make it. If I knew then what I know now about Drednoughts it would of been far more difficult towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's true, at the beginning it is really difficult, after a little less, but I still find it a masterpiece, for the knowledge of editing, for the patience, and above all for the atmosphere that creates the map.

Omg .. this is yours too "Soviet Stranglehold": DD What memories... :V

Edited by fl3nd3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're scattered over a number of sites, if you look for 'Finnishing Moves', or 'Driven up the Wall',  in the map section of the RA2 Forum, theres a list with links. You might struggle with the TX (Terrain Expansion), missions but I have them all and will get around to uploading more. Theres also more 'New' stuff to come later in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 1:35 AM, fl3nd3r said:

I'm trying to make the terrorist available to all houses for my own project, but I can't.
I don't understand why .. since I've done this many times with other units/special units, "for example" with Desolator.
This is the simple code I used:

[TERROR]
Owner = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
RequiredHouses = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
Prerequisite = GAPILE

Anyone know why it doesn't work?

it works for me. Here is my INI:

Sight=9
Speed=6
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
RequiredHouses=Confederation,British,Arabs,YuriCountry
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...