How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

FunkyFr3sh

I assume you're talking about that expansion music missing in TFD / TUC? Seems hard to detect without actual mix reader...

FunkyFr3sh: my main.mix patch for TFD contains all of those, though. Being a patch, it requires the TFD main.mix to patch, though.

And if you honestly just can't find the tracks, you should've asked me ages ago. You KNOW I got everything :dry:

• 1 month later...

As requested in the chat, here is the Portuguese Portugal translation:

English => CZ

ERROR: Red Alert CD not found! Please select the right drive/folder! => CHYBA: Red Alert CD nenalezeno! Vloz spravny disk/slozku!

Select the Red Alert CD => Vloz Red Alert CD

In which folder/drive is the Red Alert CD located? => Ve ktere slozce/disku je Red Alert CD?

Select the drive/folder in which the Red Alert CD is located: => Vloz disk/slozku ve ktere je Red Alert CD:

No-CD Patch/Full Installation => No-CD Patch/Plna instalace

hope it hepls.

thanks for providing these translated strings, i have to update the files for the translation strings and add them back to the thread tho (some are missing in your translation) i let you know once i got that done :)

I dont think it will work on 95/98, you should have at least XP because of the extras we added

As requested in the chat, here is the Portuguese Portugal translation:

English => CZ

ERROR: Red Alert CD not found! Please select the right drive/folder! => CHYBA: Red Alert CD nenalezeno! Vloz spravny disk/slozku!

Select the Red Alert CD => Vloz Red Alert CD

In which folder/drive is the Red Alert CD located? => Ve ktere slozce/disku je Red Alert CD?

Select the drive/folder in which the Red Alert CD is located: => Vloz disk/slozku ve ktere je Red Alert CD:

No-CD Patch/Full Installation => No-CD Patch/Plna instalace

hope it hepls.

This is NOT portuguese!

• 1 month later...

Wow! Your installer work great on my Win 7 64bits PC.

It seem something missing, Nyerguds' "Red Alert: The Lost Files".

Is it included in this installer?

If not, how could I go about having in my system.

I have d/l the files from Nyerguds' site, but it suppose to run using different exe, I try renaming exe & dat files but they also don't work.

Anyway, are you & Nyerguds working on it to have "Red Alert: The Lost Files" as part of your great RA Installer or at least a way to install manually?

Thanks

it should be working fine, just copy the files into your game folder and keep using the game launcher from the desktop, you dont need to use the .exe nyer included in his package anymore

edit:

oh wait, i think nyer been using a special name for the .mix file, add sc- infront of the name

*name*.mix -> sc-*name*.mix

I have renamed TLF-miss.mix & TLF-movs.mix to scTLF-miss.mix & scTLF-movs.mix,  and now CS & AM missions has briefing videos.

But ANT missions does not seem to work , is it because they are under "Load Mission" Section rather than in the "Expansions Missions", I quite like the bewildered look of Gen Carville about reports of Giant Ant! :)

Hello,

I've just stumbled onto this patch now wanting to relive the good old Red Alert Days and I most say a big thanks to FunkyFr3sh for an excellent and easy to use installer and Nyerguds for the missing videos patch.

I had a question about the above two though.

Is it better to use Nyerguds' ra1_TheLostFiles.rar file and rename the files as the previous post states or should I use ra_TLF_Videos2.zip (linked in an earlier post by FunkyFr3sh). Is one better than the other?

Also for the additional music and sounds I just need to download and extract the reta-exp-music.zip to the game install folder?

Thanks for allowing me to play RA1 again on a modern computer!

I have renamed TLF-miss.mix & TLF-movs.mix to scTLF-miss.mix & scTLF-movs.mix,  and now CS & AM missions has briefing videos.

But ANT missions does not seem to work , is it because they are under "Load Mission" Section rather than in the "Expansions Missions", I quite like the bewildered look of Gen Carville about reports of Giant Ant! :)

yes, 2 small videos are missing because you would need to download the 2 expansion cds just because of those videos, but i zipped those and they are linked somewhere in this thread, i will add the files to the first post :)

Hello,

I've just stumbled onto this patch now wanting to relive the good old Red Alert Days and I most say a big thanks to FunkyFr3sh for an excellent and easy to use installer and Nyerguds for the missing videos patch.

I had a question about the above two though.

Is it better to use Nyerguds' ra1_TheLostFiles.rar file and rename the files as the previous post states or should I use ra_TLF_Videos2.zip (linked in an earlier post by FunkyFr3sh). Is one better than the other?

Also for the additional music and sounds I just need to download and extract the reta-exp-music.zip to the game install folder?

Thanks for allowing me to play RA1 again on a modern computer!

both files should be equal, i added a fix to ra_TLF_Videos2.zip cause there was a typo in one of the video names with the result that the video did never play. I told nyer about this, i think he updated his package back then to fix it up

yes, just extract it to the game folder

Load mission? Huh? To start the ant missions the normal way, press the [shift] key and then click on the speaker on the main menu background. They're supposed to be hidden missions, remember.

Load mission? Huh? To start the ant missions the normal way, press the [shift] key and then click on the speaker on the main menu background. They're supposed to be hidden missions, remember.

:laugh:

Actually I did try that and did not work, so I thought it was disabled by this installer.

So after I have read your reply, the problem perhaps is due to the video setting that I have set: 1280x960 , plus Video  Stretching, so now I try clicking it more inward toward the menu, and now I could access to the Ant Mission with Intro vid of Gen Carville at the 'T" portion of Red Alert rather than at the speaker! :D

Many thanks,  Nyer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just installed Red Alert with the expansions from the C&C Ultimate Collection on Origin and patched it with this installer.

I configured the game to use 1920x1080 resolution and the game uses it, but the game map is not stretched.

In this screenshot you can see that the game is running at 1920x1080 (sidebar is stretched ok) but the game map is not:

macpyrUl.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

pJ6wEw9s.png

After the installation there was an FAQ with common problems, however I can't find this FAQ anymore. It's not on the website and not in the readme in the game folder (that one shows the readme from BEFORE installation). There was an item about DPI scaling but I don't know what problem that caused. My Windows (7) is setup for around 110% DPI scaling so would that be the issue? If so, is there any way to reset the scaling only when launching the game?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: I've disabled DPI scaling for ra95.exe in the compatibility settings tab but the problem persists. :(