CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FunkyFr3sh

How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

i dont have any anitvirus instgalled other then the windows 10 stuff but il have a looksy

EDIT: i just added it to the windows firewall and it launched straight away

Edited by TheBoon

1 hour ago, TheBoon said:

i dont have any anitvirus instgalled other then the windows 10 stuff but il have a looksy

EDIT: i just added it to the windows firewall and it launched straight away

Nice! Thanks for reporting back. Have fun playing :)

I am translating this game into Chinese and have completed the original task.
Germanlanguagepack.mix for the Allied mission
Germancensoredlanguagepack.mix for the Soviet mission
Germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix for skirmish
I hope that I can support several language packs for games, such as chineselanguagepack1, chineselanguagepack2, 3, and 4.

germanlanguagepack.mix

germancensoredlanguagepack.mix

germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix

On 1/26/2019 at 7:40 AM, yjfyy said:

I am translating this game into Chinese and have completed the original task.
Germanlanguagepack.mix for the Allied mission
Germancensoredlanguagepack.mix for the Soviet mission
Germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix for skirmish
I hope that I can support several language packs for games, such as chineselanguagepack1, chineselanguagepack2, 3, and 4.

germanlanguagepack.mix

germancensoredlanguagepack.mix

germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix

Can't have all of them in 1 pack? Can you explain why there are multiple ones needed?

Did you keep a-z A-Z in the font? (for multiplayer chat..)

23 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Can't have all of them in 1 pack? Can you explain why there are multiple ones needed? 

There are more than 3000 common characters in Chinese

RA can only support 256 characters of ascii, so I put the characters used for allied missions into ASCII font, so that RA can display Chinese.

One package can't fit all the game text, so I hope I can add a few more packages to guide different parts of the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

中文常用字符有3000多个
ra只能支持ascii的256个字符,所以我把盟军任务用到的字符放入ascii字库里面,这样ra就可以显示中文了。
一个包没办法放入全部游戏文字,所以我希望可以多加几个包,来引导不同的游戏部分

Posted (edited)
On 12/25/2017 at 5:20 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

2k should be working fine. 4k is crashing the game, anything that's bigger than the max map size doesn't work. Max resolution is somewhere around 3000*3000 I think. I don't have a 4k screen to test this

Haha, though it is a bit late, i was finally able to test this now that 4k screens are cheap. I always come back to Red Alert every 2-3 years as its one of my favorite games.

You are right about the resolution not being able to go above 3000. I was able to get 3000x2160 to work just fine, but anything above that would load the game and just show me a fully shrouded map . I could still select the MCV but i couldn't see anything. Is this a limitation of the game engine or just something you have to redo for the mod? 

3000x2160p is enough to show about 3/4th - 3/5ths of a MEGA (is this an Aftermath only size?) sized map.

3000x21602.jpg

Edited by capsulej

58 minutes ago, capsulej said:

Haha, though it is a bit late, i was finally able to test this now that 4k screens are cheap. I always come back to Red Alert every 2-3 years as its one of my favorite games.

You are right about the resolution not being able to go above 3000. I was able to get 3000x2160 to work just fine, but anything above that would load the game and just show me a fully shrouded map . I could still select the MCV but i couldn't see anything. Is this a limitation of the game engine or just something you have to redo for the mod?

3000x2160p is enough to show about 3/5ths of a MEGA (is this a Aftermath only size?) sized map.

Not sure why there's a limit, I always thought it was related to the size of the maps but never debugged it...

Been playing around with it recently too, you can actually go up to 3200x2160, but it's unplayable... You can still take advantage of your 4k monitor though, if you have a recent installation of red alert you'll be able to use shaders to scale the game to 4k now which looks pretty nice and is actually playable :)

Hm your right, it works at 3200x2160. Not sure what you mean by unplayable though, it seems to work fine for me. 

Shaders.. is that an ATI/NVIDIA thing or a recent RA update? 

Yeah it works fine, everything is just way too small which is making it almost impossible to play the game properly.

Support for shaders was added as an update for RA a couple months ago, you can use them to add effects on top of your game or scale the game with a good quality to high resolutions such as 4k.

If you have a good graphics card, try the settings below for 3x scaling 1280x720 -> 3840x2160

image.pngimage.png