CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
McPwny

may update and rebalance wtf

the thread is locked but ive got to give my two cents on this. i have seen the maps included in the may update post and i must say that i am kind of disappointed with what i am seeing. some of these look awful. just look at 'fountain of youth'; it looks like a 1 hour map job and has infinite resources. this is official? or 'whistler'? same thing. im not oblivious to the fact that the author of these maps is getting these official because they are sitting in the cncnet discord or whatever and pushing their maps to the devs, but in my eyes this is bullshit because not only has no one asked the cncnet community if they think these maps are up to par, and they arent, but also because its unfair to the people, here in this forum even, that are making maps way waaaayyy better than this and their maps are being ignored.

• Like 2

Hi McPwny, the new maps come from a range of 10 map makers or so from the community and all new maps are currently very popular Custom maps. It is not  intentional that any great map or creator is ignored, I am already in contact with more map makers who will be contributing their maps as well.

• Upvote 1

okay but when are we going to talk about how this map, which is the pinnacle definition of the phrase "half assed", has made it into the list of official maps along with original westwood works and timeless masterpiece works of passionate mappers? 
image.thumb.png.24f9ba27f436e558109f2d9856f872e4.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, McPwny said:

okay but when are we going to talk about how this map, which is the pinnacle definition of the phrase "half assed", has made it into the list of official maps along with original westwood works and timeless masterpiece works of passionate mappers? 

i agree

lets play path beyond 2 sometime mate

Edited by scalpem

4 hours ago, McPwny said:

Haha Scalpem is joking, he is the map creator. This map is a quite popular 4v4 map, if you think the aesthetic needs improving I can work with the creator on that. Overall it is pretty good in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, McPwny said:

... dont be so quick to dismiss such a breakthrough in fa2 usability fan-made maps just because you cant make.... obscenely large game breaking maps kind of disappointed with what you are seeing and some of these look awful? for now. consider going to the github and helping the devs or contributing to them directly give them money (non-edited original post).

i get that people like 4v4 maps and even that people might like unlimited resource maps but jesus christ the cliffs and dirt roads are just straight lines. just look at those trees and tell me that this honors the quality of westwood maps. or of the other maps made by other artists over periods of days not hours. what was the long series of bad decisions that led up to this being OK'd into the client?

• Sad 1

i get it dude, sometimes you just want something fun to play and its easy to just 'lolz' some shit together quick in FA2 and load it into cncnet fileshare. but there are mass file dumps with actual thousands of maps like that and the whole point of having official maps is to distinguish the best of the best maps from the rest and present them to the playerbase as official.

ive found out that basically whats happened here is a certain 1 user has kissed some ass to get some privileges from the disinterested cncnet devs and proceeded to unceremoniously crap on the clients quality control. ive since brought it up with the devs

• Like 1