RA Multiplayer Mod - "Tiberian Alert" - by Ferret

Ferret

A job WELL DONE!!!

I have put the maps under the custom folder. I assume everyone is going to put them there.

Any thoughts on the faction modifications? As suggestion for Russia, remove the -10% costs.Makes things more beautiful.
If it really has to be a money thing? Perhaps change it into +5% harvester drop per load? If no other way, -5% costs. Orrrr make a totally different change.
Main reason: Most factions have 10% differences in either weapon OR body. 10% difference on costs is 10% for both weapon AND body. That is overkill.

Must be awful to change all those maps again if you have 1 thing to change. Reminds me of my C&C maps in Starcraft.

• Like 1

@X3M

I could definitely look into more faction specific changes, for sure. Although, I wouldn't know exactly what to do with that because we only have so many unit tags to utilize. As for your suggestion, I think it's solid at the moment now. I did take these things into consideration when I was designing the faction bonuses.

I appreciate the compliment!

So I need to download red alert 1 first, right? and then open the maps that i downloaded from the first post? there isn't a separate icon or anything, like with DTA?

I think that this will be a lot of fun to play, and am looking forward to it

• Like 1

@toxic

That is great to hear! As for the Mine Layer and Mechanic, make sure you have Aftermath and Aftermath Fast Build enabled, and all should be well! If you're going to host it on CnCNet, I've noticed most players like the Battle-Stoats map!

Again, thanks so much for giving it a try! It means a lot.

Even the "insane" ai is easy to deal with. I think they bug a little. And I think I know why. The ai doesn't build silo's. So they don't get income at all.

Suggestion 1: give refineries some storage. Maybe 250 or so?

Suggestion 2: give CY some storage. Maybe 500 or so?

Also, silo's seem to be storing very little. I don' t know how much. Maybe double the current storage ammount? I don't mind if they cost twice and have twice health.

Do you have a file somewhere where you track all unit statistics? 

• Upvote 1

@fir3w0rx
Enable Aftermath for the Stealth Tanks to work properly.
Spend your money and you won't have to worry about Silos!

@toxic
Yeah, not much I can do about that unfortunately.

@X3M
I haven't worked on the AI too much.
Me and somebody (I forget who it was) were talking about giving Refineries some sort of storage, I agree. As for the Construction Yard, it already has storage.

The intent with the silo was to prevent the snowball effect that spamming Refineries has in the late game. It more or less gives you a cap that you can't go over, so for example... if you're going for gems let's say, you'd need to keep in mind that the gems are going to give you way more than a normal load. So you'd build Silos to compensate. The idea was to have players spend their money, rather than banking. Kind of like an efficiency type thing "built-in." You have to manage your economy just as you would with your units, or structures per se. It just gives another element for players to not only do, but to keep in mind. Not only that too, but base crawling with Silos helps.

I do not have a unit statistics thread, although, I did intend to make one.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2018 at 1:31 PM, Ferret said:

@fir3w0rx
Enable Aftermath for the Stealth Tanks to work properly.
Spend your money and you won't have to worry about Silos!

@toxic
Yeah, not much I can do about that unfortunately.

@X3M
I haven't worked on the AI too much.
Me and somebody (I forget who it was) were talking about giving Refineries some sort of storage, I agree. As for the Construction Yard, it already has storage.

The intent with the silo was to prevent the snowball effect that spamming Refineries has in the late game. It more or less gives you a cap that you can't go over, so for example... if you're going for gems let's say, you'd need to keep in mind that the gems are going to give you way more than a normal load. So you'd build Silos to compensate. The idea was to have players spend their money, rather than banking. Kind of like an efficiency type thing "built-in." You have to manage your economy just as you would with your units, or structures per se. It just gives another element for players to not only do, but to keep in mind. Not only that too, but base crawling with Silos helps.

I do not have a unit statistics thread, although, I did intend to make one.

Yeah, the silos feel about right... I'm kinda happy that I whined and made you give the silos a bit more efficiency. It drove me a bit nuts, before that.

Your mod is now more stable, I kinda doubt you'll make any more massive changes to unit stats, so it makes more sense to write that up now, rather than when it was less stable and stuff was being changed all the time.
The only thing I remember being maybe too strong was the flyers. But it could just be that we don't know timings and such.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...