Command & Conquer: Classic Revolution (Brilliant RA1 AM Cold War style Mod)

AchromicWhite

• 4 weeks later...

WELCOME BACK COMMANDER

Hello author of the post. I loved this is mod, and now I want to continue your business (started doing translation to your mod). And so I can come up with a mission specifically for this mod. :)

I'll try to do something with music. For there is only one music for all mod.

That sounds cool. Yes, I'd planned to have a few tracks, but the composer decided to just do the one track... which was fine considering that he was working for free and the track he made was amazing.

I'd very much like to see any mission that you could cook up for it. You saw how the resources worked in the specific C&C:CR maps, yes?

• 1 year later...

Use the find function to find it on this on the first post :

The latest version of C&C: Classic Revolution 18/02/2013: 

It doesn't work well against the computer, because the resources are designed totally differently. Make sure you choose one of the CR maps. (I think they're at the bottom of the list of maps).

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2013 at 5:13 PM, Matt said:

The oil fields are quite innovative. Have a look at http://open-ra.org/ It already supports everything you require for this mod without any DLL injections. Due to it's Open Source nature there are no boundaries as you can add any new features you like.

OpenRA is dying, and it's because of the frauds and shady people who maintain thing's and run the show. More and more people are leaving OpenRA because the behavior and attitude and (lack of) people skills, coupled with making changes to the game against the communities wishes, among many other reasons.........OpenRA will be dead soon.

Best bet is to take the source code and start your own thing with it, like SoScared is doing, something I may do one day

4 minutes ago, NerevarII said:

OpenRA is dying, and it's because of the frauds and shady people who maintain thing's and run the show. More and more people are leaving OpenRA because the behavior and attitude and (lack of) people skills, coupled with making changes to the game against the communities wishes, among many other reasons.........OpenRA will be dead soon.

Best bet is to take the source code and start your own thing with it, like SoScared is doing, something I may do one day

Yeah, this mod is pretty old now. It doesn't even run of the current version of CnCNet.
I should really get around to remaking it for the new version and pumping some maps for it... it wouldn't be TOO hard but it would take a good streak of dedication to get it up and running again.
Could be worth it as all the new graphics I did for it were pretty good, and I've made even more graphical assets that I could use in it, since then.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the topic necro.......not sure why I got notified of something new here.......just realized what I quoted was from 2013. Weird.

-----

Ah that's a shame! I would love to see this mod. Are there any videos or anything? If you want help bringing it back to life, maybe I could help?

Edited by NerevarII

11 hours ago, NerevarII said:

@NerevarII
Please refrain from this...
Thank you!

11 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Yeah, this mod is pretty old now. It doesn't even run of the current version of CnCNet.
I should really get around to remaking it for the new version and pumping some maps for it... it wouldn't be TOO hard but it would take a good streak of dedication to get it up and running again.
Could be worth it as all the new graphics I did for it were pretty good, and I've made even more graphical assets that I could use in it, since then.

@AchromicWhite
Let's take this mod for a spin again White.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NerevarII said:

Sorry for the topic necro.......not sure why I got notified of something new here.......just realized what I quoted was from 2013. Weird.

-----

Ah that's a shame! I would love to see this mod. Are there any videos or anything? If you want help bringing it back to life, maybe I could help?

Oh, there WERE some videos there, but it would seem that the channels that they were both on are now gone. I think they were Ferret's old twitch and youtube accounts.

The balance, at least asymmetrically, was done pretty lazily by me, so I'd like to rethink that out. Some of it's tricky, because the depth of modding ability was enhanced by a program called ARDA, which no longer works with this version of CnCNet. So I have to rethink some areas, too.