REPORT BUGS HERE! (OLD)

sgtmyers88

• 3 weeks later...

Here's few...

When you start building a wall but stop building before it's finished, it can't bee cancelled anymore because it can't be selected. And the Nod Recon Bikes seem to refuse from disappearing after losing all health...

Yeah most of these bugs have been fixed, however the walls can be selected by using the selection box, this method seemed better so you don't see a huge amount of health bars and clicking on wrong items in-game. Plus walls were not selectable (but targetable) in C&C TD.

• 7 months later...

So, I don't know who all visits this anymore, but I just found the mod and installed it. The problem is there is no font in any of the UI...

I noticed there is a text file in the Install directory but it appears to be 'Blank' Any solution or can i I find a replacement

Well, I'm always here.

I don't know what the problem is. If you cannot find any soloution by yourself you could try uninstalling Zero Hour, remove the Zero Hour directory and delete the Zero Hour directory in my documents (remember to backup your save files etc!) Then reinstall it.

• 2 months later...

There are GDI scouts littered around the map that you have to kill if you managed to survive the 48 attack waves. I did script a good amount of "air time" halfway through the mission so the player could have a chance to recover from the devastating attack waves on all sides.

• 2 months later...

Uh...When I try to play the Skirmish game, I don't even have to do anything and the game is over and I mysteriously win...no matter which map I choose or how many AI enemies there are...

Also, when I undeploy the first constrution yard that's already deployed, all the other units self destruct and it's automatically Mission Failed for some reason....

This all has to do with the AI scripts folder as you installed the mod it may ask to replace files and you will have to answer "yes" as the mod will need to override ZH AI script files to update it with the TDR files. If you select "no" it will not override the ZH files thus making skirmish games useless.

As for your issue with instant death resulting in your loss of the game when you undeploy the Conyard all has to do with another limitation to the Generals Scripting system as skirmish mode requires you to have a deployed/built structure at all times. (hence why the extra MCV is given to players at the start to encourage people to deploy a Conyard or other base building somewhere else to help mitigate this issue).

• 2 months later...

Hi,

TY for a great mod.

I have installed this on 3 networked PC's, 2 running XPsp3 & one running Win 7 Ultimate. We use these to play Zero Hour with no problems at all but the mod has a prob for us, there is no visible mouse pointer.

It is there as buttons highlight and units are selectable but its just not on top or visible.

Any help would be appriciated as this mod looks great & would like to play it fully.

Thanks.

In GDI Campaign mission 8 there is a constant power level 0, which can't be changed with any number of conyards/power plants. I think it isn't supposed to be that way. EDIT 3: Strangely enough, the power level did start to work properly after selling a power plant, so this mission is playable anyway.

EDIT: There is also an issue with tiberium not regrowing from a tiberium riparius tree after all tiberium has been harvested from that specific tiberium field, so that the tiberium riparius tree just stands there without any tiberium around it like forever. [look at edit 2]

Another thing worth mentioning is the fact, that harvesters do not recalculate their waypoints after a structure has been built in their way, resulting in the harvester standing or turning around in one spot near the refinery, not moving towards the tiberium field.

EDIT 2: Didn't notice there is a cash limit to each tiberium riparius... btw, does it have to be that way, or is it done intentionally, to limit player's resources, to make him rely more on offensive strategies?

• 2 months later...

Well, this is now for Tiberian dawn redux version 1.3.

Tested skirmish so far

Mostly playing as GDI Task force Talon versus Nod Black Hand

Two concerns about A10 Warthogs:

a) those you get as general's powers, after some time, becomes unable to target anything, be it ground, enemy unit or building - it is just the icon that suggests you can't target anything

b) the A10 Warthogs that you build at airfield are, in my humble (possibly wrong) opinion, overpowered a bit (since I really like to use them and mop up the base in one strafe)... they just own everything without mercy on their path (glad I never felt A10s on my base, if you like this description more ;) )

Also... hamachi multiplayer... Tried to play with one player... we managed to load and play regular vanilla generals (2 of us vs. brutal GLA), but not zero hour, nor tdr 1.3 (so this is not a bug on the behalf of developers of this awesome mod; this is more a note/question about this problem).

And I feel that the number of music tracks played is limited (to my knowledge, inside this mod, there are more music tracks than those actually being played during skirmish... similar to bug in multiplayer - only up to 4 player map size limit...)

Until we discover more intel and get the next optimal geo-synchronization positioning of GDI Communication Satellite "CrazyGoat" base commander signing out. *static*

EDIT: Are ORCAs (both assault from tft and the GDI's VTOL basic one) meant to be faster than Nod's counterparts (Apache and Comanche?)... cause it's a bit imbalanced (though I don't mind overpowered GDI, mind you :) )

This is an odd AI bug that occurs when you build your Tiberium Refinery using the Construction Yard System. But harvesters are also known to periodically stop working after they reach a Tiberium field. I have seen this particular bug in the original game and it seems odd that it has been replicated here as well.

In C&C1, this seems to happen if your silos are overflowing. Apparently some part of the game things it's logical that since you can't store more tib, your harvesters don't need to harvest more -_-

well I have played TDR1.3 for several times and i think i found some bug on this one

- con yard when deploy can be sold in total value of $2500 but the price of con yard is only $1250.

I understand the sell value but it makes no sense that con yard price is too low .

suggestion

- make a same price of con yard and add-up price on deploy (in total of $5000).

- make new dozer unit for AI use and make MCV in War Factory/Airstrip on the price of $5000.

from my suggestion I think it should eliminate AI issue and make this mod more ballance and fun.

edit #1

- Task Force Talon radar upgrade doesn't funtional sometimes (sometimes work sometimes doesn't).

edit #2

- (Balance Suggestion) In my view, Ontos tank is too powerful to be AA vehicle. It can 1 on 1 with medium tank and survive with half HP. Mayb lower damage on tank and structure or more higher price?

from all over, most of the game run perfectly but hard AI is quiet too easy to defeat with rush (mayb con yard system is more powerful than dozer system?) but that's not a problem.

keep on a good work and look forward to see more great updates and mods.

Quote from 13ewa12n: "most of the game run perfectly but hard AI is quiet too easy to defeat with rush (mayb con yard system is more powerful than dozer system?) but that's not a problem."

I think this problem is more than that, everytime I play against a gdi hard enemy they never build a war factory, so that's the cause of the problem. I haven't tried yet against the other factions yet so if you need more feedback on other factions I'll try.

I use to play this mod mostly offline, let's say the missions and skirmishes, so this is a big problem at least to me and everyone who wants to have fun in skirmish games.

Can you tell me which maps you are running it on and your starting money amount? I spent many many hours building and debugging the Skirmish AI on all sides AND on all settings to avoid these issues that you are discussing. AI seems to be working fine to me.

EDIT: I do know version 1.2 had some AI scripting issues like that. You did not have v1.2 on your system and installed v1.3 over it did you? You may need to go into your data/scripts folder and delete anything that is there as v1.3 has its skirmish script located in a .big file in order to avoid conflicts with ZH and other Mods.

Thats what I was thinking too so it likely has to be a map or possibly an OS related issue which is much worse. The majority of complaints is indeed from users who happen to use Win7 and WinVista which I do not use (as I previously stated) so I am limited on knowledge in that area. :(

From TiberFCSL issue that GDI hard army never build war factory, I have encountered that problem too when you rush on them around first 10-20 mins.

AI act wierd in some map like el scroho(can't remember the name exactly the one with 4 players map) nod AI on the right bottom always build airstrip near left-mid map.

• 2 weeks later...