Red Alert 1 campaign "Flame Dancers : Genesis set 1" 19 missions

FunkyFr3sh

I'm looking for some testers for this campaign, i ported it yesterday to the new version of Red Alert (303p-Iran)

What you need is the version of Red Alert that shows the "Custom Missions" dialog in the main menu, just extract the file to your game folder and the missions should show up there

Please leave some feedback! If the campaign works well then i might port another Flame Dancers campaign with 16 missions..

flamedancers-genesis.zip

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really like this campaign but I can't seem to beat Flame Dancers mission 14b because of the computer attacking with a bunch of medium tanks, rangers and infantry early on. Did anyone beat it yet? Is so, how? :P

This is because mission 14b must inherit stuff from previous mission.

To those who add custom missions don't forget about missions which have ToCarryOver=yes parameter.

This time need change to

OneTimeOnly=yes

and also add

NextMissionInCampaign=cmu126ea.ini

Like this (see fixed mission 14 in attachment)

P.S. May be somebody fix this kind of missions and reupload.

cmu125ea.ini

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/11/2016 at 11:18 AM, riderr3 said:

This is because mission 14b must inherit stuff from previous mission.

To those who add custom missions don't forget about missions which have ToCarryOver=yes parameter.

This time need change to

OneTimeOnly=yes

and also add

NextMissionInCampaign=cmu126ea.ini

Like this (see fixed mission 14 in attachment)

P.S. May be somebody fix this kind of missions and reupload.

cmu125ea.ini

Hi, I know this post is two years old but hoping someone sees it. How do I make the changes suggested in this post? I downloaded cmu125ea.ini and placed it in my red alert folder, but the post above says i need to make onetimeonly=yes and NextMissionInCampaign=cmu126ea.ini. Where do I do that? I'm not sure which file I edit to make those changes.

Like others i'm stuck on 14b because I cannot access the force I built up in 14.

12 minutes ago, Takket said:

Hi, I know this post is two years old but hoping someone sees it. How do I make the changes suggested in this post? I downloaded cmu125ea.ini and placed it in my red alert folder, but the post above says i need to make onetimeonly=yes and NextMissionInCampaign=cmu126ea.ini. Where do I do that? I'm not sure which file I edit to make those changes.

Like others i'm stuck on 14b because I cannot access the force I built up in 14.

Fixed version can be found here: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/6804-beta-testing-for-mega-compilation/

Or if you want to win it without the fix, check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnpQukG63jQ

39 minutes ago, Takket said:

I don't see a 14b in the mission list. Am I missing something?

That is correct! You have to finish 14 again, it will then send you automatically to 14b and will carry over all the stuff you were supposed to keep from 14.

All missions that use the ToCarryOver logic are not shown in the list anymore.

Okay I'm close... I loaded and finished 14 and when the mission ends it pops up a message that says "unable to read the scenario". I think this means it is looking for but cannot find a map.... I have the file sc-flamedancers.mix in my red alert directory.

1 hour ago, Takket said:

Okay I'm close... I loaded and finished 14 and when the mission ends it pops up a message that says "unable to read the scenario". I think this means it is looking for but cannot find a map.... I have the file sc-flamedancers.mix in my red alert directory.

Well, I don't know about that... I didn't play around with the new mission pack yet.

Could be a bug in the mission pack maybe.

Or maybe a savegame bug? Did you save/load in mission 14?

Edit:

I just had a quick look, it's indeed not in the save games. That means if you save, turn off the game, later start the game again and load the savegame then it will not be able to jump to the b mission :(

Edit2:

You can maybe workaround this, if you have a savegame, then don't load it from the menu. Go via CustomMissions back to the start of mission 14, then in game you load the savegame! (I didn't try it, but I think it works)

@Takket
Also if you downloaded Megamap Pack don't forget to delete old cmu125ea.ini, it's don't needed anymore ;)

@FunkyFr3sh
Everything fine on my side. That's probably because you guys have different settings or files which may interfere.
Some offtop: I see RA1 spawner updated. But no signs there of fixing AI-related bugs such as AI no repairing their buildings except Const.Yard. I'm waited this fix for years.

I figured out my problem... I went back to the Zip folder to make sure I had all the right files... I noticed the zip included a new version of the application file, ra95_sp. I was using a shortcut in my start menu to the ra95 file that was installed when i first put RA on my computer. I ran ra95_sp, loaded my saved mission 14, finished it, and it went right into 14b with everything carrying over. Problem solved :)

Thanks for your help!

On 3/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, riderr3 said:

@FunkyFr3sh
Some offtop: I see RA1 spawner updated. But no signs there of fixing AI-related bugs such as AI no repairing their buildings except Const.Yard. I'm waited this fix for years.

Still no one looked into that :( I know you're waiting for a long time already... I need to get the old files back and then try to compile them and test one by one, but it takes a lot of effort

On 3/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, riderr3 said:

@Takket
Also if you downloaded Megamap Pack don't forget to delete old cmu125ea.ini, it's don't needed anymore ;)

@FunkyFr3sh
Everything fine on my side. That's probably because you guys have different settings or files which may interfere.

Tested old versions now, went all the way back to 2014 and the bug is still there.

The version before we moved to the new patching system works fine. I think it happened while porting the patches, but that is a massive list of changes to review...

Edit:

Got lucky! Fixed it...

Will be part of the next update, but you can already install it now manually if you want. Type the following command inside the game lobby to get it:

/install riderr3

Note: you can only play with those who typed the command too, so online games are not working too well with this. If you want to play online with random people then you'll have to wait for the next update

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I need to officially release the mega compilation, but it seems a few people don't want me to until a few bugs are ironed out. The problem is, I'm not sure how I'm going to fix those bugs, like the invisible buildings in flame dancers set 2 (only happens sometimes).  Bask185 also disappeared, and I don't really want to modify his missions without his permission or presence.

Edited by Lightning Hunter