The official CnCNet5 client+game package download thread

FunkyFr3sh

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your installer isn't working properly on Linux. More precisely with PlayOnLinux. For no obvious reason it doesn't see virtual drive on which program is installing - with some workarounds it installs correctly, but it's an uncomfortable issue. Nevertheless program runs smoothly as it should be. 

It works for me (wine 1.4.1)

You downloaded it from Ubuntu distro? Because latest (stable) version is 1.6.1., but you have to add Wine repository:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa

Back to topic...

I'm using PlayOnLinux, which is based on Wine and allows to use many Wine versions for each installed program. For example: i have StarCraft, Origin and CnCNet installed, but each of them are using seperate versions of Wine for best performance. StarCraft: BW is using 1.5.1 Wine, because latest versions of Wine don't work properly with BattleNet (issues with BNet graphic overlay). Here it is how it look like:

a534bee503d8e199.jpg

CnCNET works marvelous with Wine (no difference at all to Windows), but it has some issues with virtual drives. Somehow it doesn't see a virtual drive on which it is installing. I had to manually select "default" drive, and during installation process change the destination folder. It's not a huge problem. Just inconvenience. I don't know even how it could be fixed, but other programs don't force me to install them in "Downloaded" folder :)

Added a download button for tiberian sun !

also, there is now a new key for modders:

[settings]

CustomGameUsePrivateChannel=Yes

With this key you will end up in a private chat lobby for your mod, make sure to add the other mod keys too (CustomGameType and CustomGameName)

Here are ~200 custom maps for TS:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fx3p17

I lost about ~200 maps too, but these 200 are the most played maps.

A TS-mate from the past has got about 2 DVDs filled with TS maps, I will grab them later and host them for you guys.

I re-uplaoded the maps, since some of them had read-only flag enabled which caused crashes.

Yes. Rad had SAVE GAME only in network\online. I used that very often when we use to play via modem =) and when I played over tunngle it was also there. Now its present in Skirmish wich is very good because sometimes i dont have time to finish a battle =) but not in network =(

Hello...

I have RA5 installed on my laptop at work and it runs great.

At home on my PC, I try to install 5 and it crashes during the install.

Any suggestions would be great.

P.S. Thanks to you all for bringing RA to the masses!

• 2 weeks later...

I know the minority here, but the reconnect time during a game is too short.  I'm living in a rural area right now and there's only one ISP.  Connection is fine most of the time, but occasionally my connection drops for 20-25 seconds.  See attached picture.  The new 15 second reconnect time causes me to timeout.  Any chance it can be increased back to 30 seconds?

ping.jpg.34e4dee6ce44d7b7e527da0734db9d5d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...