CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nah, there's probably more. For starters, all .ini is in caps, some trigger and teamtype options crash the editor (don't remember which ones though), passability filters are mostly wrong so you don't really see whether you've blocked something off or not, etc.

I recently had to use the old version to help with Kilk's mod and was reminded of just how f'd the old version was.  After being done with that, I was able to go back to the more recent version and could see the differences.

Nah, there's probably more. For starters, all .ini is in caps, some trigger and teamtype options crash the editor (don't remember which ones though), passability filters are mostly wrong so you don't really see whether you've blocked something off or not, etc.

This is pretty much all pertaining to the old version.  The .ini is no longer in caps, making a trigger with the house set to 'none' no longer crashes the editor, "build it" was correctly changed to "built it," the [base] section of the .ini now correctly has the count=# at the end of the list-- and that's what I can think of off the top of my head.  By the end of some of kilk's missions, (using the old version) I had like 6 backups of the mission and had to do everything on notepad while wearing a tin-foil hat because it was so crashy. 

Now the passability filter isn't perfect, but it's a decent guide and for some reason you can no longer see the passability of terrain. 

I added my new Engie File Converter to this.

It supports reading and writing all types of SHP files, including the Dune II type, and also has full writing support for both CPS and WSA :)

A question for Aro or whoever knows the answer. I am trying to rescale/resize the inf like what Aro did in TS Twisted Insurrection but I am having some difficulties.

I am using WILL'S Voxel Editor. An alternate voxel editor (as used by Mig Eater).

I didn't get it. what's the different between Resize and Rescale? Which one is used to make units smaller or bigger?

Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ammani
      Greetings Brothers

I just came back on ra2/Yuri after 10 years. I played 4-5 games.
      Then i join this new lobby and i message pops up that i didnt pay much attention to and i was kicked out of the game.

Now since i rejoined the Yuris revenge lobby, i can see everything but any game lobbies, and it says -1 people online on Yuris revenge.

Can anyone please tell me how i can fix this, what the issue is? Thank you in advance.

Also heres a screenshot of the Whole lobby.

• By SodswSov
      Wouldn't be an issue if the rage pulling of the plug didnt result in me getting a bad W/L ratio.... But 3 times in a row.... 
      https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/10-2018/yr/games/53232
    • By ExE
      how can i fix this ?????

• By 11kgm
      Hey All,
      Windows 10 did an update that murdered my computer and i was halfway through a command and conquer binge.
      I installed Tiberian Sun and went to play it and got the menu freezes error. I have tried two unofficial patches, and they won't even start up the game anymore, tried running it in compatibility modes, tried running as administrator, tried deleting files/adding files and can't get it working.
      Before the update no issue everything worked and was having a grand old time, since the update and my computer dying i have had nothing but issues.
      So is there any last solutions to get this bad boy back up and running?
    • By Lynx
      So I'm new to all of this and just downloaded the cncnet launcher for YR and it said it has to install updates in the launcher, but every time I try it keeps getting stuck and stops on downloading INI/Map Code/Tournament.ini and seeing how I've never done any of this I have no idea what this is. I couldn't find a solution from looking on the forums(unless I missed it). I've tried repairing the game on Origin(I have the ultimate collection by the way), allowing the client through my firewall, and running as administrator. I haven't done anything special aside from downloading and running the installer. If someone could help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it as I really want to play this game online again. I'll post the client log below:
      18.10. 02:05:17.250 Initiliazing download of file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini 18.10. 02:05:17.254 Downloading file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini 18.10. 02:05:17.488 Download of file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini finished - verifying. 18.10. 02:05:17.503 Downloaded file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini has a non-matching identifier: 140239546314111914125221151108249103906234 against 145190108739950132351413414200237716633 18.10. 02:05:18.509 Initiliazing download of file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini 18.10. 02:05:18.514 Downloading file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini 18.10. 02:05:18.520 Download of file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini finished - verifying. 18.10. 02:05:18.541 Downloaded file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini has a non-matching identifier: 140239546314111914125221151108249103906234 against 145190108739950132351413414200237716633 18.10. 02:05:19.546 Too many retries for downloading file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini. Update halted. 18.10. 02:05:19.551 An exception occured during the update. Message: Too many retries for downloading file INI\Map Code\Tournament.ini 18.10. 02:05:25.058 Exiting.