Jungle tileset

Tschokky

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah I see. I think I tried copy/pasting a few tiles over and a palette file and it blew up pretty fast... And we're already having crashes in the campaign with level transitions

Interesting though. If it's easy then could be fun :D I mean I'm all for giving a space for your hacks to flourish like your extra unit types

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2018 at 7:35 AM, AchromicWhite said:

Sorry for the obvious necro.
Came here to see whatever happened to this project, as I never saw it in a game...

Was there a reason that this wasn't just included in the CnCNet version of C&C95, where mappers would be able to convert a map to Jungle, much the same way we currently can for Snow?

Seems a shame to just leave it here. A lot of work went into it. I can't help but to feel that the more people get to play on it and experience it, the better. C&C's obviously not the most popular game anymore, so saving it for the release of some future mod just seems a bit sad (as demand for mods drops as the game popularity does, also.

Never seen it in C&C95, I i did however include it into my OpenRA mod Combined Arms.

Only ever got round to making one complete map. I'm actually falling behind with the constant update cycle of OpenRA due to lack of free time.

posted image

On 1/13/2018 at 6:06 AM, Nyerguds said:

Um. Adding tilesets in your mod would be really easy. Most of the work would be setting these terrain ownerships for the terrain pieces.

But... can we just get it in the stock game?? :D
Then it'd be even EASIER for people to mod...

Though, probably not Kilk, as I doubt he's exactly using the most up to date version. The amount of restarts that would have been needed xD

You underestimate Nyerguds' power :D

...He gives me the asm and hex and I apply it directly to my exe haha

Ultimately I'm indifferent though~ My mod doesn't need it but it could be fun.

Also I love that large Artillery :O Talk about an Artillery for MEN

On 1/13/2018 at 6:38 PM, Kilkakon said:

Ah I see. I think I tried copy/pasting a few tiles over and a palette file and it blew up pretty fast... And we're already having crashes in the campaign with level transitions

Interesting though. If it's easy then could be fun :D I mean I'm all for giving a space for your hacks to flourish like your extra unit types

If I remember correctly, the only requirement is that it needs a unique starting letter, since the .mrf remap tables start with just one letter as theater prefix.