Red Alert 1 Mission Converter (3.03p-Iran custom missions dialog)

FunkyFr3sh

It happened because of all the random graphics the campaign included (unused ones, just like in flame dancers)

It had the unused ant graphic and at the same time shipped a custom ant graphic too, the converter updated the graphics twice.

Updated the download, problem is fixed in 1.4

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehm, the same problem still occurs while trying to convert ratd.zip.  This is how the mission file looks for the flame tank (which replaces the Ant):

[ANT1]

Image=609-ant1

Name=Flame Tank

This is how it looks in rules.ini with the original archive:

[ANT1]

Image=FTN1

Name=Flame Tank

So the Image should be 609-ftn1, NOT 609-ant1. Also, I get all the same errors of the missing stuff in the screenshot above when converting the mission, so I don't know if this problem is happening because of manually copying over these files (like ant1.shp, ant2.shp, etc.).  I am using version 1.5 of the mission converter.

Also, is there nobody that has 1-2 minutes of free time to spare? I just need someone to extract the file attached to this post to the RedAlert folder, launch the mission from the custom missions menu, and see if the mission crashes during the first 15 seconds (you don't even have to play the mission; just let the screen sit).  I really need to know if this is a problem only on my end or not.

Fixed in 1.6

That does fix it, but now I noticed the flame tank still has the ant death animation (the tank turns in to the Ant when it is destroyed).  Why is this?

The mission you linked is also crashing for me, it got a broken trigger

Looks like I am removing it then, unless someone who knows a lot about mission-making would like to step in to fix some of these errors.  I would rather put all my time and effort in to getting a solid compilation instead.  I wonder if Messiah would be interested in solving some of these invalid triggers?

I don't know about that, maybe allen knows something about it. Could be that the ants are a special case where it loads a death animation (don't think the other units have it)

Uploaded 1.7, there was a bug in the CarryOver missions detection and it failed often

Speaking of missions carrying over, I decided to change the names of missions with multiple parts using this format:

cmu100ea

cmu100p2

cmu100p3

I chose this method instead of using "ea", "eb", and "ec" - because I noticed that one such mission with "ec" randomly appeared on the custom missions list at the very bottom. The campaign in question is Crimson. This is the only campaign I have found so far that has 3 missions in a row that carry over (mission 8, 8b, and 9).  In this case, the file was named cmu533ec, and it appeared in the list.

In C&C1, death animation is just a property of all units; there is no logic difference between the T-Rex falling down, and the Flame Tank going up in a huge fireball. They're just different death animations. Additionally, the animations have some special code that allows them to do damage, but that's a property of the animation itself I think.

In RA it seems to be simplified to "Explodes=yes/no", but without a way to actually determine which death animation plays...

On 4/13/2017 at 10:50 AM, Nyerguds said:

In C&C1, death animation is just a property of all units; there is no logic difference between the T-Rex falling down, and the Flame Tank going up in a huge fireball. They're just different death animations. Additionally, the animations have some special code that allows them to do damage, but that's a property of the animation itself I think.

In RA it seems to be simplified to "Explodes=yes/no", but without a way to actually determine which death animation plays...

I have resolved just about every other bug with the Mega Compilation, but this one still remains.  I recently took a lot of time to convert "In the Line of Fire", a big C&C-style mod that I had to do a lot of work with.  This pack is all original content (no ripped maps), and the game play is actually really good.  However, it has this stupid Ant death animation bug...  I wonder if anyone out there knows how to fix this?  I have attached the Ra95_SP.exe file the mega compilation uses, in case anyone wants to take a look at it and resolve this bug (I don't know if it actually is related to the .exe or not).  The compilation uses its own .exe file, so modifying it will not cause any conflicts for people who play online.

ra95_SP.zip

Hey Funky, I just wanted to say thanks for this awesome utility. I have completed the compilation tonight, and am just packaging it and doing last minute bug checks.  Would you be willing to beta test this compilation? In particular, I REALLY need you to make sure none of these files will cause issues for people who play online. There should be absolutely no conflicts or issues, and this should work together with CNCNet and the RA1Installer flawlessly... You might be the only person who can verify this.

7 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

It can, but that doesn't mean it'll read missions from them.

After all, It only looks for sc*.mix files in the game folder, not inside other mix files. There's no such logic.

I guess I will have to extract the contents of all the sc-xxx.mix files, and place them all in sc-missions.mix if I want the zip archive to look clean.