Tschokky's C&C-RA (almost total) conversion

Tschokky

you can probaly just use the red alert online installation and then copy/paste all your files on top

you gotta check out red dawn and do the same :) You will have to put some keys into cncnet5.ini, i think they were named CustomGameName= and CustomGameType=

rules.ini needs to be as a separate file in the game folder renamed to spawn.xdp and aftrmath.ini renamed to spawnam.xdp

You cannot use a custom ra95.exe on cncnet 5, so make sure your filenames are original so the vanilla ra95.exe can read them

Mods need to take take care of the updates of the files on their own, you will have to modify the string table to change the name of the countries from russia to gdi etc

I can only say, WOW and thank you very much! It works very well with Allen262's Red Dawn setup and it also starts up with the latest CnCnet 5 program but it crashes sometime in the game. I have uploaded the crash log, I suspect it has something to do with the bleeding Hand of Nod graphics (ra95-spawn.exe size: 2 503 795 bytes). This new exe is very nice with all the player color things and so on.

I really appreciate all the help I get from all of you!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yey Allen, thanks for your suggestion. I checked out if the game crashes if I build my Hand of NOD (TENT, bigger than the original 48x48 size) and I found that it does not. The crash occurred again, almost at the same time as before. It might have to do something with the AI placing a refinery, perhaps.

edit: then again, when you place a refinery, you also get a harvester which might actutally crash the game as you suggested. But you also say it doesn't crash your game so I'll keep looking at it and see what comes up.

Yes, it's really strange. Even stranger that the e2.shp and e3.shp is the same one that is used in the original Red Alert online, which doesn't crash.

The only difference is that Red Alert online has "big" infantry in it's hires.mix, whereas mine has only small ones. I don't think that's an issue because all other shp-s are changed as well.

Something in rules.ini?... There isn't anything odd in there, so I don't think so... It's frustrating!

Allen, you are a GENIUS!

The ra95-spawn.exe for RA Online does not support PortableRA's [Warheads] function. Everything that I build that has weapons with custom warheads will crash the game. It would be nice to have that feature included in ra95-spawn.exe.

Allen, thank you again!

Allen, you are a GENIUS!

The ra95-spawn.exe for RA Online does not support PortableRA's [Warheads] function. Everything that I build that has weapons with custom warheads will crash the game. It would be nice to have that feature included in ra95-spawn.exe.

Allen, thank you again!

A SHP error wouldn't be reliability crash like you said it did. This made me thing code. Your welcome.

To do list for you:

1. wsock32.dll should not be in the folder (causes problems on windows 10)

2. the background image does not work, can be fixed by removing this line in cncnet5.ini -> BackgroundImagePath=C:\Users\Adam\Games\CCRA_Online\CnCNet5\Others\CnCNet5ClientBackground.png

3. Default nickname is saved as "Tschokky" - You should also remove this line to fix it -> Nickname=Tschokky

4. You only modified the english string table (which is ok), but you should remove the other string tables if you don't want to fix them up - folder: CnCNet5/language/

If you are going to keep the other languages instead of deleting them -> Remove this line from cncnet5.ini so the client can automatically detect the system language and pick the right file -> Language=English

5. this line should  be removed too since the setting is different on each pc - > UseDefaultPort=Yes

6. This folder contains your chat history, you might want to remove it too -> CnCNet5/ChatHistory

7. The sounds are not working cause of this line in cncnet5.ini -> SoundAddOn=Tschokky's C&C mod (Default) - you can keep this line, but to make it working you need to create a new folder named "Tschokky's C&C mod (Default)" inside of CnCNet5/Sounds and place you sound files in there

8. Your default resolution in edwin.ini and redalert.ini is set to 1920x1080 - You should lower this to something like 1280x720 to keep your download compatible out of the box with smaller screens too

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • FunkyFr3sh changed the title to Tschokky's C&C-RA (almost total) conversion
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19.03.2018 at 11:47 PM, Darkstar387 said:

Excellent Windows Error simulator. Does nothing but crash :D

Fine on my side. The settings probably needs to be switched to default ;)

Cause I don't have original zip archive, I'm just zipped the folder.