How many active mission makers around?

Kilkakon

Hi there guys,

I'm wondering how many people are still making maps for C&C? I had the thought that I could organise a small contest or something to make some extra missions for people to play for my mod. :) There's lots of extra cool factions that only have one or two missions, could be amazing to have more. :laugh:

(Not that I don't mind making C&C maps--it's the one game I enjoy making maps for, as it's like making a puzzle when it's a non-production mission and it's just really fun when it's an epic production mission, done like 20 or so so far)

I consider myself active. I have some maps I drafted and didn't finish, but they are in my TODO list. I guess I can review another set of missions or campaign of the Huge Collection, also. I'm looking like inactive because I'm envolved with frustrating myself with other projects that challenge me in paralel,

and also mentioning my real "unlife" issues.

IDK your case, but sometimes I believe I should get paid to live with my surrounding human kind. I don't remember the last time I created a problem, I pass the whole day solving somebody else's futile mess because losers can't loose alone, they have to screw somebody in the process. What scares me most is that stupidity is the "cowardest" kind of virus.

About your MOD, release it and ppl will play it, we are all curious.

Ah yeah I mispoke there--I'm referring to single player missions here. My mod is unplayable as hell on multiplayer maps, haha.

I'm working on it Chimas. :) I want to make it a big release that's complete rather than something half done. :D

Haha I remember that one. Amusingly the final level of one of the campaigns will be similar to that, just with a proper interior theatre.

Just thought some people might like to have fun playing around with USA/Russia/Cuba/Japan and so on. :D Tomorrow and CoA have plenty of missions as is.

• 2 months later...

I'm more or less active, actually I refine existing missions.

Creating a map for your contest would be a pleasure for me!  :)

But I didn't took a more accurate look on your mod yet and I don't have much time to build a mission next time because I have to do much for work.

Really need to get into mission making, but as it stands, I pretty much don't understand triggers AT ALL xD

So I'd be starting from scratch. Fortunately, I do have an ENTIRE MOD to make missions for :P so plenty of space to get cracking. The only issue is that I don't want to make bad missions for such a great mod xD

-Liam

generally the way to get into missions is to mess about with the various functions for a few hours and find out how everything works.

There is a mission making guide which is about 90% accurate and contains a lot of the information you need to get started

I started to make a mission called - Twist of Fate in Snow theater.

It's not the same map, it's the same mood of the Covert Operations mission.

This time, the player is Nod, the same briefing (just reverting where it applies), some paralel aspects and I'm thinking of new tricks.

Hi,

Attached there is a tool I've mentioned last year, it's a first draft to generate tiberium fields.

In the worksheet there is a sample from Twist of Fate.

For now, it's just extracting the Tib "heat map". Later, it will do the opposite, according to size and shape desired for a Tiberium field.

I'll create a specific thread later.

Tibfield.zip

My secret plan is to make a version of my mod that contains only 1 map of each team (so people can see how they play and what they have) and only desert and temperate theatres--this version I would send to people who would be taking part in the contest :D

Just don't tell anyone. Secret plans and all that.

I have restarted making missions... At least for a little bit. Currently making a sort-of harder mission 1 for the Soviets.

How do you get AI teams dropped off by a transport attack, I also want the transport to go away.

Do I just do "Move to Waypoint X, Unload, Set To.. Hunt" for this?

While this may not be a C&C1 question, it might still help me.

• 1 month later...

Ages ago I had an idea for a Nod map. The player would start with just some infantry and have to get to a certain point to activate some more reinforcements.

So say 5 or so flares go up, showing areas on the map defended by different types of units. The infantry can take on a say 2 med tanks, or something. If they win they can get more reinforcements, this time, they get some light tanks.

At another flare spot, there's something that the infantry CAN'T kill, but that their new light tanks can; like, a row of guard towers or some MRLS. This then gives them a reinforcement of a single artillery. Then they have to go and fight a tone of enemy infantry; they couldn't beat it with just the tanks and/or indantry, but they can beat it with the arty added in. etc.

So you slowly make your way through until in the end you have to fight, say, mammoth tanks, or something.

But by that time, you have some recon bikes and stealth tanks to help out.

-Liam