Any C&C TD speed runs around?

madmanquail

Speaking of hard missions, has anyone tried, in Cloak and Dagger, to move the MCV out of the base and into the middle of the map? I wonder if Westwood wanted you to do that or build in the base, because there wouldn't be large tiberium fields unless there was a reason.

I did that, yes... back when I first played it, I never really thought of deploying it in there. Also, there's a specific trigger to lure away the mammoths guarding the base when you attack the village to the east. So, yeah, I did it that way.

Tough as nails, though, especially since the only decent place open space to deploy was more or less straight south of their entrance.

Doesn't that mean that you'd have to take down power AND lure the mammoths?

I have to try this... yeah, it's actually a really easy mission if you open it up inside. But you do have to open it in the right place, use engineers wisely and pretty much ONLY attack with turrets/engis. Else the mammoths will come after you. Then, once you take out the AGTs with turrets, harvest the top tib and make an army... etc. But honestly, mostly defenses works pretty darn well, as it doesn't provoke a response.

-Liam

Doesn't that mean that you'd have to take down power AND lure the mammoths?

I have to try this... yeah, it's actually a really easy mission if you open it up inside. But you do have to open it in the right place, use engineers wisely and pretty much ONLY attack with turrets/engis. Else the mammoths will come after you. Then, once you take out the AGTs with turrets, harvest the top tib and make an army... etc. But honestly, mostly defenses works pretty darn well, as it doesn't provoke a response.

-Liam

No. The MCV survives with a smidgen of health left. Do a quick repair, build some rocket soldiers, and then take out the mammoth that comes for you.

I took out the guard towers at the gate with my stealth tank; that gave the MCV more health. It can take them both out if you time it right and stay out of range of the advanced guard towers.

You can gain even more health by sacrificing your stealth tank by exposing it to the advanced guard towers just before moving your MCV through, making it soak up some damage that your MCV would otherwise get... but then you obviously lose your stealth tank.

Nyer's full version comes with them too yknow

and that package is updated with hires and bugfixes and awesome shit, so you might as well download that anyway

The patch contains it too, so he could just install that :huh:

I found that you can engi-rush the GDI base in the Nod PSX mission and skip defending your base.

You use your helicopter to drop off a flamer on the cliff next to your Nod con-yard. The helicopter may die but just build another engineer.

Then go to the cliff right of the GDI base, destroy some walls, land, capture the production facilities, and then capture the base you were SUPPOSED to capture. You might be attacked with 2 medium tanks and a mammoth so beware.