Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow teaser thread

Kilkakon

Oh, cool :D

I want to see the units underneath it now xD

Wait, is that door closed? Does it blow up like a building?!

Stuff!

Things!

Intrigue!

And yes, you should make then 1x2, I was actually thinking that! Should look good. Can't wait to see it finished!

-Liam

Oh, pretty nifty :)

Wait, is that door closed? Does it blow up like a building?!

The normal way of getting through is supposed to be capture+sell I think. He never mentioned the possibility of actually just punching through them to me.

The plan was to destroy them actually! I must not have made that clear, sorry :laugh: And yes White, they are destroyable buildings :cncsmirk:

Still there's options, if we can't make them not drop troops I can use mobile HQs attached to spare factions and have them blown up by computers or something.

I remember when I once started an indoor mod, I made the hospital invincible, and turned it into a gate (gave it a sell animation for the opening), so only engis could open it. I also had some RA crates converted and the reaper from Firestorm in TD scale too, I used regular concrete wall with black on top for cliffs, etc. I was about to turn blossom trees into gas chambers for civilians too before I finally let it go...

Too bad I lost all .shps, like 4 PCs ago. Maybe Nyer with his OCD has some of them saved, he helped me with modding back then.

EDIT: I also tried making a surprize pop-up missile turret by giving the SAM site the AGT weapon, but it turned out it's hardcoded to target air. I had to resort to changing the turret's turret graphics to those of the MLRS's and giving up on it popping out of the ground.

You can actually turn any building into a rotating turret. I changed the silo into one once, using the SAM site's popped-up graphics. Once you enable that "is rotating turret" option on any building it will have the same frame configuration as the Gun Turret.

Yeah, but no building besides the SAM site can do the pop-up thing, and I wanted that to blend with the floor and just surprise your men out of nowhere with rockets... As I said, it didn't work. But I never did test whether it still targetted air units after the weapon change. I guess it should. I also remember you'd converted the reaper too, but kept it in like TS its size, its head was as big as a light tank turret...

Ahh, yeah... your problem there is actually "what triggers the popping up"?

See, NO weapons in C&C are AA only. I don't think the game even supports that; AA is an additional property to a weapon, not a restriction. The SAM missile can perfectly be used against ground targets (with devastating effects; think a triple range rapid-reloading V2 launcher with faster projectiles). So the only thing making the SAM site AA only is the combination of the facts that it cannot be targeted manually, it only auto-targets air, and only pops up when finding a target through that auto-targeting.

btw, I actually think I made a smaller reaper later...

Interesting that you had attempted something similar cn2mc! I hope you had fun with it even if you did not manage to get it all done.

Here's another preview of how the doors look with some suggestions from you guys implemented, and a picture of a unit underneath just for White:

interiorfourthlook.png

Still has that civilian issue unfortunately. Sometimes even RPG troops spawn, which is a big surprise, haha!

Yeah, as it stands it only spawns civilians and RPGs (RPGs replace civilians so sometimes they drop from a civilian building, those civilians do like IEDs don't they :laugh:).

So while it would be nice if it could be bypassed somehow, if you don't know of a way around it that's cool, I'll just have less doors and use computer and mobile HQ shenanigans. :)

Time for an update! This time, it's a new building for the urban environment (replaces V03, so it's like a backwards L collision wise):

parkingtower.png

Comments and criticism welcome as always! :laugh:

I'm speaking with Nyer now as to how I'll handle the door issue for my interior map :)