Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow teaser thread

Kilkakon

Another map has been completed! Here's a preview:

The Company of Answers has several island research facilities dedicated to genetic experimentation. We've lost contact with one of them... we need to investigate and find out what happened...

teaserscreen8.png

Next up will be the Japanese Construction Yard!

Just two maps and a conyard to go White, then you guys can get mapping! :cncsmirk:

And no Goatmessiah, not quite :P The tops are crystal eyes that shoot laser blasts, and the stalk part is a fleshy foot that it uses to hop about.

...they are incredibly nasty though. $500 each and probably undercosted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Time to show some more progress! Comments and criticism are of course welcome on this, the Japanese Construction Yard:

japconyard.png

Next up will be two more maps--and then we can get this thing ready for people to make some maps! I'm hoping to have that release ready within the week! :cncsmirk:

And @Snake Eater, thank you. I didn't know--somebody suggested a variety of different icons and the skull seemed to fit the most. I did try searching for it, and couldn't really find it other than on some eBay items for paintballing. I'm glad to commemorate great people in my mod though, for sure! :laugh:

Great, thanks! I never worked out how to get the shadows right. Albeit the lighting in 3DS was a bit off on this one anyway as I ended up redrawing the whole crane manually. Oh yeah, I better do the damaged and destroyed frame also. I'll probably do the buildup after I privately release the map making version as it's just going to push it out another week if I don't. Not like the MCV deploys into it or anything.

And heh, I couldn't find a source for the icon. Glad somebody worked it out.

Glad it's at least related though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher_in_other_media

Thank you Camuno82! I see you registered just to post that--thank you so much! :D

Well, I finished the maps, and the map contest is officially underway! I'm not going to stop work though, so expect me to finish the Constuction Yard build up, that last map, and get stuck into the cinematics.

My goal is to release the full game on February 1st. :cncsmirk:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there everyone. I hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas and New Years!

I'm posting to notify you all that I'm returning to the project after the Christmas break. I'm also pushing out the map contest deadline slightly as a few of the contestants have said that they'd like a bit more time.

I've had a few people make some balance suggestions and comments after giving the game a go, primarily revolving around income being painfully slow. To this end, I've made some copies of one of the existing maps and have sent them off to the map contestants to see what they prefer, with 2x and 3x income rates, and see what they think :) I'd rather get this 100% right rather than make a bad judgement call, especially as I've been so used to the economy as it is for years now.

One of them have also suggested that the small genetic stalk creatures should cost $600 instead of $500. If the economy does get boosted, I have no problem doing this. A bug is that the Mammoth Tank is currently unbuildable. Will have to take a look and see what I can do.

I'll probably tackle either icons or the construction yard buildup as my next graphical move.

• 3 weeks later...