Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow teaser thread

Kilkakon

I'm aiming for early March, which is ambitious but possible. I have the following areas to complete:

• Finish the campaign (one map)
  • Finish the maps that have been submitted
  • Test making cinematic... if it works, then make one for each faction of the logo appearing and/or being destroyed, as well as the campaign ones
  • Cast a few voice actors
  • Playtest EVERYTHING and make fixes as necessary

Thanks for the interest though hey :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting back in touch Karpet! I'm quite content with the Construction Yard as is as it looks fine ingame. I did consider boxes at the time but I liked the simple look. Also, although it's not really shown, the boxes would be inside the building and lifted out with the crane.

As far as work for the project goes in general, I've had a few delays in that I've had to stop and judge the map contest, which took a bit longer than expected. Rest assured I'll be working away and it'll be released as soon as it's ready :cncsmirk:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just letting you know that I'm alive! :laugh: I've had a pretty hectic 2 weeks so I've not had much time to allocate to C&C. I do intend to get cracking though--my first priority will be to finish off the submitted maps and let the contestants have fun with them! :cncsmirk:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! :laugh:

As far as release dates go, I can really only say "When it's done". Life can flare up with all sorts of nonsense sometimes and honestly motivation was an issue (I don't like mapping!) so that's why I chose to do this interior instead. :D I'll make the whole map soon as I'm pretty pumped to see how it goes.

I've got to make a few more civilian buildings, finish the contest maps (none of them had finished AI), playtest a lot, make a sound for one of the defences, cast some voice actors, make cinematics and remake my website. All of that could be done in 3 weeks or 2 months...

I am taking some time off work later this month so I can work on mods :cncsmirk:

Thanks guys! :laugh:

As far as release dates go, I can really only say "When it's done". Life can flare up with all sorts of nonsense sometimes and honestly motivation was an issue (I don't like mapping!) so that's why I chose to do this interior instead. :D I'll make the whole map soon as I'm pretty pumped to see how it goes.

I've got to make a few more civilian buildings, finish the contest maps (none of them had finished AI), playtest a lot, make a sound for one of the defences, cast some voice actors, make cinematics and remake my website. All of that could be done in 3 weeks or 2 months...

I am taking some time off work later this month so I can work on mods :cncsmirk:

cool cant wait ^^

• 5 weeks later...

Not just yet although I fully intend to! When I was going hammer and tongs at all the great ideas you guys submitted I started to get a little burnt out on fixing the harder ones. 1 map is done, I'm most of the way done through another, and then yours to go as far as those submissions went.

• 2 weeks later...

interiorsecondlook.png

Some progress has been made on the interior theatre: crates, genetic experiment vats and computer terminals.

Annoyingly my 3D Max broke so I'll have to explore my options for getting the remaining civilian urban buildings done.

interiorsecondlook.png

Some progress has been made on the interior theatre: crates, genetic experiment vats and computer terminals.

Annoyingly my 3D Max broke so I'll have to explore my options for getting the remaining civilian urban buildings done.

Genetic labs? wow what are those up to?

Genetic labs? wow what are those up to?

You'll find out :laugh: It's your job to clean them out!

I've taken your suggestions into account and made the overhang semi-transparent! :cncsmirk:

interiorthirdlook.png

I've also added doors, although I'm probably going to make them a 1x2 building so they can be a bit more into the overhang. Hopefully I can disable the civilians spawning though XD