Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow teaser thread

Kilkakon

My idea is that the roads don't fill their 2x2 tiles completely, so the bit of concrete left over would count as the sidewalks :D The buildings don't hug the roads in this screenshot though so hard to make it look as intended. C&C has a cap on how many buildings I can use on each map it seems.

Thanks though guys :) I'll probably attempt another building this weekend (A café sounds like a good 1x1 building) and maybe a small shopping centre (has to be 1x2). Hard to make such small buildings look like something legit though.

if I remember correctly from trying to make a totally urban multiplayer TD map, the limit is 300.  Strange side effect, the buildings you build count towards that number.  Meaning if you have the max allowable (300) you can't even deploy your construction yard until you destroy some existing buildings.  Bummer, I know!

Yeah that makes sense. On a map like CoA3 (the one above) the whole map is urban so have to be a bit sparse. Still looks okay even if it's not as intended so hey.

Am looking forward to continuing work though. LONG WEEKEND coming up woo~ That and finishing my RPG (just a few more playtests!)

I had an idea this evening to do something a little different, adding checkerboard pattern to the classic Power Plant. I made two versions:

This lighter one

powerplants1.png

And this darker one

powerplants2.png

What do you think? I think I prefer the darker one the most, but there's always just sticking with the original look as well :D Open to your suggestions. If it's a bad idea I'll just scrap it :)

I finished another urban building today, a small cafe! You can see a few of them here in the following screenshot.

cafe.png

In other news MattAttack has been slowly brewing up a map... here's a work in progress! Just as a note his current base is using a few different teams' tech so it's not indicative of an actual base just yet, although it's still an impressive sight :cncsmirk:

Looks cool! I see the café has decay frames.  are all the buildings similar?  btw love the 'driving on the left hand side' roads.... F.U. 90% of the world! ha ha 

400px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

Oh yeah, my base in the video is for testing purposes, ONLY!!  I hate mixed-tech in missions.  (unless it's properly justified a la Nod 8.)

And also im in that top 10% MattAttack :D

Oh I know... I was just bustin chops!  Looking up that picture on Wikipedia I started reading a pretty interesting article about it.  Apparently evidence suggests the Romans and other ancients rode their horses on the left side because of the convenience If you had to draw your sword and hack a dude coming the opposite way..... (among other things)

And also im in that top 10% MattAttack :D

Oh I know... I was just bustin chops!  Looking up that picture on Wikipedia I started reading a pretty interesting article about it.  Apparently evidence suggests the Romans and other ancients rode their horses on the left side because of the convenience If you had to draw your sword and hack a dude coming the opposite way..... (among other things)

Whew! I just finished my Dawn of Tomorrow map.... So many lessons learned :)  I assumed it'd be easy but I totally went into it with a TD mindset, which isn't really applicable here.  The whole economy system is different and I had to adapt to it. lol it's still probably too hard by everyone else's standards, but I think it kicks ass!

looks cool!  I keep coming up with ideas to throw at you-- but I know you still have a bunch of stuff to do.  a few stray dogs running around? terrain pieces that are light poles? 1x1 tile manhole covers for the roads? a kitchen sink?

Today I decided to explore what's possible with the Ion Cannon. I came up with this:

cruisemissile.png

cruisemissileinaction.png

Pretty cool eh? It would also mean USA and Japan would get their own exclusive communication centre buildings (Russia already has Radar Dome). Two more buildings to make but I'm liking the direction this is going :D