Command & Conquer: Dawn of Tomorrow teaser thread

Kilkakon

Thank you both :D It does do a tad less damage than the Ion Cannon as well, to make it not exactly a copy (building is cheaper and not a power hog anyway).

You know, if you do manage to clone those production structures, that would mean every building for Japan is replaced other than concrete walls :D So cool.

I guess calling it a SCUD missile would be inappropriate... Tomahawk? Smart bomb?

Obama Drone  :laugh:

How many time need this after firing?

I think if that thing is weaker and even slower than the Ion Cannon it may be useless against vehicles, so you could increase the damage radius to hm, 3x3 cells or so.

Do you still need mission for your mod?

I feel ardent to build one more mission, this time in the urban theater!

Haha as Japanese and USA both share it, I think sticking with something other than Obama drone is best :P

If you want to make a map you are more than welcome to. Feel free to PM me and I'll send through an updated version. Just note that the urban environment is not 100% done, I still have one more building to replace (ideas are so hard!)

I've done some more work on the Naval Command today! I've taken some inspiration from the existing Communications Centre. What are your thoughts everyone? I'm like 80% happy, think it needs just something more though.

naval5.png

naval6.png

Cool! You could either add a classic-style tall radio antenna (like this one http://fotodujour.com/wp-content/plugins/watermark-hotlinked-images/watermark.php?img=wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Radio-Antenna.jpg) in the background to give perspective to some of the empty space, or you could try to make a fence around the radar dish, a la the chain link fence or something similar. Will the dish rotate?

Looks cool.

I think it should have a kind of texture, especially the remappable strip.

What you're probably doing is creating a 3D structure, but with a grey or monochromed surface, where only the light's direction defines the brightness.

If you now place a texture on it, you can define a "material" the building is constructed in. So use e.g. a part of the grey "bib" of the GDI weapons factory as a surface-texture of your building, you'll have the impression that your building has a metallic surface. Otherwise if you use a wall section from the RA power plant instead, your building will look like it's made of concrete walls.

I did this on your 2D image here.

And last but not least I added the antenna of the GDI rocket tower as well as the bib and two windows of V04 :D

(It's RGB for now, when I auto-convert it into your palette, the coloration is lost, so you must replace the color of each "phase" per hand)

naval6a.png.d4a0e6e06371c69a5ee88cded2505550.png

Hey, nicely done! :cncsmirk:

I hadn't finished my building by any means, was just looking for some ideas :D Still cheers for showing me your interpretation of how it should look--the paint job on the strip there is quite nice, yes :) I'll keep thinking and iterating through design choices, incorporating submissions and suggestions as I get them. Thanks a lot for having a crack :D I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi there everyone!

Over the last few days I've been working on the communications centre and have redrawn the whole structure. Your feedback is welcome! Does it fit with existing buildings enough?

naval7.png

I've yet to add things onto the roof, like antennae, radio towers or other detail. Want to get the basic structure right first. :D It already, in my eyes, looks waaay better as is.

Here's some ingame previews! Because ingame is exciting!

navalpreview1.png

And I decided to cap the base with my units because why the hell not XD

navalpreview2.png

Please let me know your thoughts everyone!

Thanks guys. I'll add some extra bits soon (and keep working on the shadow) soon :D It's been a really hard building this one. Price of scope creep--it's not too bad when the ideas are flowing, but sometimes you get stonewalled when it stops all of a sudden.

After a getting few more opinions I've made the following version:

naval9.png

Hope you like! If there's any further suggestions I'd love to hear them. Otherwise I'm probably happy enough with this one :D I will then start work on the buildup animation.

EDIT: Here's an edit of the above screenshot with the updated version:

navalpreview3.png

Dang man, that dmg looks really cool. Nice work :D

I really like the hole in the dish.

Maybe see how it looks in game, though. You might find it looks better with that whole hole (whole hole, lol) being filled with shadow, because the ground colour, especially lighter colours like the desert and snow, may look a bit crazy bright through it. Just fire the building up in the different environments to check it.