Véhicles Graphics

Aquel

Hey there

I'm trying to do some european vehicles.

Hope you like them, I don't know if they can work for TD.

I was aiming at replace the A10 with the Alphajet and the Humvee by the french VBL (Véhicule Blindé Léger)

Hope you like them.

VBL.gif.63c8f212ca1a3a6147be10debc32643b.gif

Alphajet_A10.gif.99f73cafb26cc38163bb0e8825f355b0.gif

Only the Alphajet is on temperate color for C&C TD, here is the SHP + a new .gif file.

The VBL is a test I did. I have to color it the right way but otherwise it's should be ready soon.

For the VBL I have a problem, when it come to slide 16 of the SHP it turn everything to purple... :S

Alpahjet.gif.2d952d36bc2a7ab3f1b8d3536fef922b.gif

Alphajet.zip

Hm, This doesn't seem to be the right pallet. Have you tried opening this in the SHP editor or XCC to have a look at it?

What program did you use to edit. Don't worry too much, if you turn it all into separate frames, best to be probably png, you can then put it all back into an shp bringing all colors closest to the pallet colors.

-Liam

Here is what I did:

I built the object using google sketchup and then I took the gold color from TD and color the object on google sketchup.

Than I used Photofiltre to resize it

Than OS SHP builder to make the SHP.

What do you mean by this: Don't worry too much, if you turn it all into separate frames, best to be probably png, you can then put it all back into an shp bringing all colors closest to the pallet colors.

-Liam

Only the Alphajet is on temperate color for C&C TD, here is the SHP + a new .gif file.

The VBL is a test I did. I have to color it the right way but otherwise it's should be ready soon.

For the VBL I have a problem, when it come to slide 16 of the SHP it turn everything to purple... :S

You should use the purple conversion palettes I made (they're in the cncnet downloads) for making units; they make sure all colours are correct. TD units can only use a certain part of the full colour palette, since about 1/3rd of it changes between theaters. The purple palettes also make sure that there is no non-teamcolour yellow in the remappable parts of the unit.

Yes, yes, to Nyerguds you listen.

I must point out, nice work on using a Star Wars reference on the resident Star Wars fan :P Although I love the franchise too.

Welcome Aquel :D You made a nice looking plane, just some tweaks to get it 100% ready for the game.

What sort of vehicle is the VBL? Does it shoot rockets or MG rounds IRL?

Hey there.

Thanks for the advice I should it should be ok now.

I edited the graphics on Gimp using the tutorials you made. :D

I made a new SHP hope this one is working...

@KILKAKON: The VBL should be a replacement of the Humvee for the GDI. So it shoot MG rounds IRL.

The problem is that the machine gun is on the left side of the vehicle whereas on the humvee it is on the center. So maybe I'll have to put it on the center.

Alphajet.zip

Ok. So if I want to replace the A-10 of TD by the Alphajet, How I'm I suppose to do?

Do I just need to replace the SHP? Or do I need to do something else?

Can you also tell me if I want to replace the humvee by the VBL?

Thanks

You don't need to replace files... just call your SHP file "A10.SHP", make a new mix file of the TD type, give it a name starting with "SC", and put your file into it. You can make a TD mix file by opening the tool "XCC Mix Editor" in the XCC utilities folder, making a new mix file, then FIRST setting the type to "Tiberian Dawn" and THEN putting your file in.

If XCC Mix Editor doesn't allow you to make a new mix file (it happens; it's a bug in the program), just make a copy of one of the smaller existing C&C1 mix files, rename it to your "sc*.mix" name, open that in XCC Mix Editor, remove all the files from it, and then add your new SHP file.

In XCC Mix Editor, always save by pressing "Compact". Not "save". The "Compact" function will actually rewrite the mix file as it saves, and make it as small as possible.

For your other SHP file, it works exactly the same way. Just call it the same as the internal name of the unit (the humvee is "JEEP"), add it to that same mix file, and it will show up in the game.

For your other SHP file, it works exactly the same way. Just call it the same as the internal name of the unit (the humvee is "JEEP"), add it to that same mix file, and it will show up in the game.

Ok.

But!

I'm doing the SHP with SHP builder. When it comes to the jeep shp. i can only make a 29 frames unit. Meaning it will only take the vehicle. How can I add the machine gun?

Thanks for the support.

Ok.

I have been following your tutorial until this point: "7. In XCC Mixer, right-click on the first frame of the range, and use "Copy As SHP" (not "SHP (TS)") to convert it back to SHP file."

It says error 1024 it says "all files should have name like "image ####.pcx" where #### is  the zero based index...

I managed to overcome this error but now it tells me "copy Jeep 0000 failed error 1"

Do you know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Could be a number of things. First of all, "copy as" does not work if the target file browser has a mix file opened. Secondly, the files have to be 256 colour, unless you use the "use for conversion" method. I'm pretty sure I explained the high-colour conversion <-> 256 colour conversion thing in the tutorial.

Hey there.

IT'S WORKING!

I'm so damn happy!

But I still have some problems... Just details see the 3 pictures.

The colors are corrupted, I think I messed up with the transparency color. Just newby stuff. XD

Anyway I'll post new shp as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for the support.

Alphajet.png.6da518d6257499c9047a69fdff38aa69.png

VBL_Firing__moving.png.e9bf43d4ac85e37f3e62e235a8ad1888.png

VBL_standing.png.4e6569aee22bd36a878c032f4f6ceed3.png

The Alpha jet looks like it's got a palette issue.

Yes, the top VBL looks like a transparency issue. Again, open the file in SHP builder, use the "replace color tool (the icon that looks like a black box on top of a white) and just replace whatever the current background color is now, with the first color on the palette, the very top left color (that's the transparency color).

-Liam

That last one isn't colour corruption, that's actual SHP file corruption. I thought SHP Builder fixed those issues with TD files... looks like it isn't that reliable yet after all. I'd stick to just XCC and image editors :P

If you're using my purple palettes, the background is the bordeaux/purple on index 0 on the palette. You need to use that as backdrop for the unit. Also, while shadow is automatically generated for air units, the shadow cast by ground units / buildings should be rendered and filled with the green on palette index 4. Shadow in TD should be at the bottom-right side.

Like this:

purple.png

• 4 weeks later...