Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

10 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Is there any reason why you changed the settings? It should work out of the box with the default settings after you applied TSpatch

Ah yes I should have mentioned - with the default settings I have the menu issue where the new campaign/options screens etc do not appear when clicked on. DxWnd is the only option where this is not an issue. I have disabled Origin In-Game Overlay and cloud saves and have game.exe set to run as administrator.

10 minutes ago, Average said:

Ah yes I should have mentioned - with the default settings I have the menu issue where the new campaign/options screens etc do not appear when clicked on. DxWnd is the only option where this is not an issue. I have disabled Origin In-Game Overlay and cloud saves and have game.exe set to run as administrator.

Try to apply TSpatch again, I guess something might have gone wrong. It should work fine with default settings.

Sometimes origin reverts the patches or parts of them, so make sure you don't update the game when origin claims there is an update available (there is none!)

56 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Try to apply TSpatch again, I guess something might have gone wrong. It should work fine with default settings.

Sometimes origin reverts the patches or parts of them, so make sure you don't update the game when origin claims there is an update available (there is none!)

I played it safe and reinstalled the game before shutting down Origin and applying TSpatch. Same issues as before: default has menu issues, ts-ddraw crashes on startup, ie-ddraw has menu issues, ddwrapper has menu issues.

Well, that's odd... I don't know what is causing the issue on your end, so I don't have a solution for it. But you could try DDrawCompat that is currently not listed, to enable it you'll have to join the online lobby and type the following command: /install ddcompat

Make sure you don't open the config program afterwards, it would overwrite the changes

bsTykp8.png

Another alternative is "DxWnd+Windowed Mode", the random crash that happens for some players didn't happen anymore once window mode was enabled. I don't have this crash, so I could never test it sadly

8 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Well, that's odd... I don't know what is causing the issue on your end, so I don't have a solution for it. But you could try DDrawCompat that is currently not listed, to enable it you'll have to join the online lobby and type the following command: /install ddcompat

Make sure you don't open the config program afterwards, it would overwrite the changes

bsTykp8.png

Another alternative is "DxWnd+Windowed Mode", the random crash that happens for some players didn't happen anymore once window mode was enabled. I don't have this crash, so I could never test it sadly

Odd indeed... after a reinstall of Windows I'd been meaning to do, it seems to be working fine with the default TSPatch settings now *shrug*.

• 1 month later...

run good but i still get few flashing windows(when i play with some windows opened in the desktop) from the desktop while playing

also there is still the laser bug or whatver was called

and windows mode do not work for me

Edited by Amph

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:38 AM, Amph said:

run good but i still get few flashing windows(when i play with some windows opened in the desktop) from the desktop while playing

also there is still the laser bug or whatver was called

and windows mode do not work for me

Check the first post for known bugs.

10 hours ago, weirdmario said:

I am trying to install the patch, but I get the following error message: An error occurred while trying to read the source file: The source file is corrupted.

I am running Windows 10 and the Origin version of the game.

Try to redownload the file, maybe something went wrong during the download. If it still happens, check your anti-virus and other security tools you might have.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Amph said:

the famous "tiberian sun has encountered an internal error and cannot continue" is still here

Make sure you attach the "except.txt" file here to your post (You can find it in your game folder) so we can have a look into the crash and try to fix it. A lot crashes were fixed already, but some are still there

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the patch, I've read a while ago something about it being a bug that friendly units follow enemy units when getting attacked.

I can't remember that being a thing before the patch, though I must admit its been a while and I might be wrong.

Anyways, my question is, is it correct that this happens in my patched game?

Really nice patch.  I wasn't having any major problems, but game really seems to be running better now.

Couldn't find an answer to this.  But is there a way to use random maps in the skirmish mode?  I noticed there's a list of maps, but none of the saved random maps show. 

On 5/15/2018 at 1:14 PM, AYZON said:

I have a question about the patch, I've read a while ago something about it being a bug that friendly units follow enemy units when getting attacked.

I can't remember that being a thing before the patch, though I must admit its been a while and I might be wrong.

I think @dkeeton added a patch related to that, but it's only for multi player. Single player doesn't have such a change. But he probably knows what this is about, I'll ask him to post here

5 minutes ago, Retro Caveman said:

Really nice patch.  I wasn't having any major problems, but game really seems to be running better now.

Couldn't find an answer to this.  But is there a way to use random maps in the skirmish mode?  I noticed there's a list of maps, but none of the saved random maps show. 

@dkeeton was working on a patch lfor random map, but I'm not sure how it works. I think you need a special map that you load and it will then just put you on a random map, I'll ask him about it

On 5/15/2018 at 6:14 AM, AYZON said:

The patch that fixes guard mode isn't included in the ts-patch.

Even with guard mode fix, units still chase for a long time before retreating.

10 hours ago, Retro Caveman said:

You can make a random map. You have to do it with a text editor. Open the map file in  notepad or something similar and edit the values how you like. Put the map in /Maps/Custom/ then restart the cncnet client.

Here are some examples.

http://mapdb.cncnet.org/ts/4251b164242784de7a0bf1ee1a8b8d59db131095.zip

http://mapdb.cncnet.org/ts/195bc7663d93bdbc49d7cc5c20dbaed72c582db1.zip

I notice that files with the .SED extension pertain to random maps.  Is there a way to just copy these over into the custom folder and rename them as .MAP files that the cncnet launcher can use?  Basically, I'd just like to use my random maps that were saved... (because playing skirmish thru the cncet launcher is way cool).  ?

Just now, Retro Caveman said:

I notice that files with the .SED extension pertain to random maps.  Is there a way to just copy these over into the custom folder and rename them as .MAP files that the cncnet launcher can use?  Basically, I'd just like to use my random maps that were saved... (because playing skirmish thru the cncet launcher is way cool).  ?

Open the .SED file with notepad and copy the info from there using the example maps I linked here as a guide. Make sure you change the map name in the Basic section.

Hi, I downloaded this patch to fix the scrollrate issue, however after installing I cannot enter the game. I make it to the main menu, but when I try to load a game or start a new campaign the game hangs on the loading screen. I have the origin version of TS, with this forum post's attached patch, running windows 10.

On 5/19/2018 at 6:27 AM, Shooter Mcgavin said:

Hi, I downloaded this patch to fix the scrollrate issue, however after installing I cannot enter the game. I make it to the main menu, but when I try to load a game or start a new campaign the game hangs on the loading screen. I have the origin version of TS, with this forum post's attached patch, running windows 10.

A similar problem has been reported before, It only seems to happen on windows 10. Does it hang on "Creating theories on likely enemy plan.." ?

There is no known solution for it yet :(

But I'm curious, you say you downloaded the patch for the scrollrate issues, so that means you could actually play the game before using the patch?

Normally tiberian sun doesn't work at all on windows 10, did you maybe apply another patch before using TSpatch? Maybe that's somehow related to the bug

• 1 month later...

Hello i installed that patch but now it says insert cd then i downloaded the no cd patch but it doesnt work someone please help me i love cnc games specialy the old ones but it wants cd and i dont have a cd if you can help me please help me

9 hours ago, Soheil said:

Hello i installed that patch but now it says insert cd then i downloaded the no cd patch but it doesnt work someone please help me i love cnc games specialy the old ones but it wants cd and i dont have a cd if you can help me please help me

What game installation do you have? Did you buy it from Origin?

You can enable the No CD patch manually in case you have a custom installation. Click on "Settings" in the game launcher and then on "Advanced Setting" then tick the "No CD" checkbox.

I downloaded the zip file after i extracted it it was the game itself it was already installed then i opened the game but it didnt work the window freezed then i downloaded your patch and i installed it then i run the game again (the no cd in advanced settings was check)but this timed it said please insert a cnc tibrian sun cd and the no cd patch exe fails to patch the game the version is correct but i dont know what am i supposed to do

Edited by Soheil
I missed something