Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

I got it from a site name www.OldGames.ir its a zip file i will try to download that from you site thanks if i had any problem i will tell you also wich one i should downnload i just want the offline ver because i dont have an internet connected to my computer

Edited by Soheil
I just miss something again

9 hours ago, Soheil said:

Is there anyone who wants to awnser me

You seem to have a rare bug that no one else reported yet in all the years, the chances are low that someone will be able to help you with it.

If you are sure that you did everything correctly (just extract "OfficialCnCTiberianSun.rar" and apply TSpatch on top, DO NOT add any other patches such as No-CD patch), then you'll have to test around on your own and see if you can figure out what the problem is. There is probably something special about your PC setup. Maybe you got some virtual CD drives or encrypted drives? Anything that could be confusing the game while it searches through your drives to find the CD?

On 5/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Make sure you attach the "except.txt" file here to your post (You can find it in your game folder) so we can have a look into the crash and try to fix it. A lot crashes were fixed already, but some are still there

where i can find ti exactly? what subfolder it's under westwood folder?

Edited by Amph

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, Amph said:

where i can find ti exactly? what subfolder it's under westwood folder?

It's in the root game dir, not in a subfolder

23 hours ago, K05t4 said:

Created an account to follow but also to THANK YOU for sorting this out for us! ? Love Tiberium Sun and not being able to play it killed me! Thanks!

Glad to hear you got the game working! And thanks for reporting back :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey FunkyFresh, 

As mentioned by everyone else, great patch. I have the ultimate collection from origin and am running on windows 10. My problem is my mouse does not display when I play in full screen mode. If I play in window mode everything works fine but for whatever reason, full screen mode there is no mouse. Any advice or thoughts? Or should I just continue to play in window mode?

Thanks again

2 hours ago, jms1075 said:

Hey FunkyFresh, 

As mentioned by everyone else, great patch. I have the ultimate collection from origin and am running on windows 10. My problem is my mouse does not display when I play in full screen mode. If I play in window mode everything works fine but for whatever reason, full screen mode there is no mouse. Any advice or thoughts? Or should I just continue to play in window mode?

Thanks again

That's weird, didn't hear about such a bug before. Did you already try to change your renderer in the config program?

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

That's weird, didn't hear about such a bug before. Did you already try to change your renderer in the config program?

Good call FunkyFr3sh, changing the renderer to GDI took care of that issue. Thank you for that recommendation! 

Edited by jms1075

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure this used to work.. We used to set a Helipad target line to a Looped Waypoint point and the unit would enter the Loop. Can we double check this functionality please.

This would be great as Bubblies keeps missile-ing everyones pile of banshees.

ps: thank you for having a look at the "Waypoint Deletion Cursor" issue, it is working however - It actually deletes from the opposite end of the selected waypoint now and does not start with the selected waypoint - unless the waypoint is actually in the process of being dragged when the delete key is pressed : ( , could you please double check deletion order please, it should definitely start with the selected / last clicked waypoint and work backwards or forwards through the group - not just begin deleting from the start of the waypoint group.

target to waypoint.png

Edited by fantazea

On 9/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, fantazea said:

I am sure this used to work.. We used to set a Helipad target line to a Looped Waypoint point and the unit would enter the Loop. Can we double check this functionality please.

It never used to work that way. That is a good idea though.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, fantazea said:

ps: thank you for having a look at the "Waypoint Deletion Cursor" issue, it is working however - It actually deletes from the opposite end of the selected waypoint now and does not start with the selected waypoint - unless the waypoint is actually in the process of being dragged when the delete key is pressed : ( , could you please double check deletion order please, it should definitely start with the selected / last clicked waypoint and work backwards or forwards through the group - not just begin deleting from the start of the waypoint group.

I'll try to see if this is fixable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the ultimate collection, downloaded from Origin and I had the menu issues so I downloaded this patch. I now can't seem to load the 'offline' version of the game to play the single player. Any idea if I have to do some in particular to be able to use the single player??

I've actually now got it to launch in offline mode, though I've not actually done anything other than try a few times...

However, when the offline mode does launch, it does so in a very small window, and I don't know how to get it to go to full screen. I tried changing the display but it just crashed on me. Any help would be appreciated!!

Edited by gkneil

@gkneil

Origin might tell you that there is an update available because some files were changed by the patch, make sure you don't choose to update, otherwise your installation will be broken. Best thing is to disable the updates in origin to prevent such problems.

Just apply TSpatch again, then start the launcher and choose settings. In there you'll find the display mode, make sure it's set to fullscreen.

If there still are issues then try to play around with the renderer setting until you found one that works for you.