"Useless" units

X3M

I added tabs for the vanilla units as well.  I think there are better versions of it out there already, but if it makes it easier to compare then thats fine.

I agree that DPS isn't the most accurate metric, but it wasn't really meant to be.  I was mostly trying to make sure the units damage was within the expected range for its cost and abilities.  I did do shots to kill as well on all the modified units as well, but it was mostly done on scratch sheets and not saved.

The Bike, for example, has 80 HP and Wood armor, giving it the lowest HP to cost in the game.  As far as actual interactions go though, it kills a Harvester in 12 shots, meaning groups of 3, 4, or 6 can make rapid darts in and out of Tib Fields and start picking off Harvesters.  Conversely, it dies in 2 hits to a Titan or MLRS, 4 to a Tick Tank or Rocket Trooper, 2 shots from other Bikes, and 14 shots from Rifles.  (Ideally the Orca would have 2 shotted one as well, but as I never really got the Orca Stats where I wanted them we will never know)

Edited by IntoTheRain

2 hits is extremely low. I know they have this in C&C 3. But there, the damage they can do is more than sufficient for decemt hit and run attacks.

Think like this: 2 hits is 1 counter shot. 1 hit is 0 counter shots.

I can't recall any units that I didn't run at least a few number checks on, especially for common interactions.  Basically, the bigger the change, the harder I ran the numbers.

The plan was to run multiple patches after this one anyway.  Its basically impossible not to overbuff or overnerf some aspect of the game when you make that many changes at once.  Additionally, certain units have a strong chance of being suspect if other interactions start evening out.  For example, guided Artillery would likely get a bit of a rework if Tick Tank / Rocket Soldier proved capable of standing up to Titans.

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, |Noob| said:

IDK haven't read all the 6 pages of this forum, someone might even have mentioned it but I'd say the medics

Haven't seen any1 use them TBH

Medics can be very helpful in teamgames! In GSO 4vs4, give me 1 or 2 medics to my Arnolds, and i eat you all up ? haha. I even begged rob weeks ago to do it and he ignored my request... and his men died :D i wonder why i didnt send Arnolds to help him.... ;)

Mola uses them sometimes, it works then. They can be helpful to save your naders, but require good micro.