[C&C1] Setting up XCC Editor (for making maps)

Nyerguds

Nyerguds can you make the same blossom tree sprite image or whatever thing to the snow theater blossom trees. I tried doing something, I had no idea what or how I should've done it. No luck here.

EDIT: Maybe I didn't understand the point of the last 2 steps in the original post but why would I need to copy conquer.mix into the xcc folder and all the other stuff. I've had XCC utilities for years but just earlier today I got myself a newer version since it could actually make snow maps itself (so u could see exactly how it would look) and more importantly you could make map images. I don't know why I'd need to do the other things. The editor has worked just fine for me. Perhaps I've already set the settings accordingly years ago, although I don't remember having to set any default folder stuff etc into some of the tool's settings... Dunno.

PS: I know it's an old topic, I don't care though, since I had a little request, which I think some could appreciate. There's other posts that have revived this too so far.

PPS: You could prolly update the original post if you know what the current XCC Editor holds in it today.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just set it up so that XCC Mixer can use its own folder as data folder for XCC Editor, that's all. This obviously includes conquer.ini, since it contains all unit and building graphics.

As for the Snow theater... is that supported in XCC Editor now?

I just set it up so that XCC Mixer can use its own folder as data folder for XCC Editor, that's all. This obviously includes conquer.ini, since it contains all unit and building graphics.

O man dawg you're so out of touch with da times. Lolz yea I didn't know about that either till Dude told me. Dat mofo doesn't even update the news on the site  :mad:

Lawl.

It is since the time you added it to C&C95... lol!  XD

Right... I remember talking to Olaf about adding it, but I didn't know he actually got around to releasing that version -_-

I also discussed the blossom tree thing, though... if he fixed that too, then just adding the normal theater files should work fine for seeing the blossom trees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there any way to edit Covert Ops maps? I can't seem to find them, only the campaign missions, skirmish, and a mission called Total War (I don't even know what or where that is) and I really want to see what I'm up against and try and give me a little more stuff to begin the missions.

In C&C folder, given that you're using patch 1.06c, I guess it's inside the file SC-001.mix.

First you have to extract them with XCC Mixer.exe, than you'll open the map with XCC Editor.

If you're trying to see what it is in the map before finishing the missions, you'll destroy the fun of it (as far as I understood).

Well, really, it's still fun if you see (AI builds craptons of forces eliminating your thoughts of that mission being easy) but I just want to edit them and make them a little bit more doable.

Although, is it easier to make waypoints and teamtypes and triggers and all of that stuff in the XCC Editor? I have never done it and the way it was described in Nyerguds tutorial on his website sounds really complicated.

I prefer to work the map in paralel to edit the INI file.

You use maps to place things and have a sense of space and such and you edit parameters using a notepad or alike.

\edit

I think I can explain refering the INI sections.

Basic, Briefing, Triggers and Teamtypes will be practical using a notepad.

Celltriggers, waypoints, Base, Infantry, Units and Structures you might prefer using a map editor (XCC, CCMAP,...).

Check if you had installled XCC material with admin privileges.

Nyerguds,

I suggest to create a new post naming it with the old version number and move the explanation presented in the cover to this new post.

And also

make a new explanation for the newest version in the cover (that one with snow map and unlocked stuff).

or something like that ...

Nyerguds,

I suggest to create a new post naming it with the old version number and move the explanation presented in the cover to this new post.

And also

make a new explanation for the newest version in the cover (that one with snow map and unlocked stuff).

or something like that ...

Ugh, I know... should get around to that sometime in the future -_-

Just wondering, how do I make the AI build stuff with teamtypes and triggers in a map of mine? If you can help me, can you show me in XCC Editor? I want the AI to send some tanks at my base after some time, but the only thing that happens is that the existing units on the field attack and no more are produced.

Here you go.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/cctxt/ccmanual.txt

Read EVERYTHING in the Waypoints, Triggers, Celltriggers, Teamtypes and Trigger Examples entries. ALL of it. For further examples, see the official missions.

As for your current problem, you probably didn't activate the Production trigger. It causes the AI to start producing stuff.

You can't really avoid the game using existing units to make teams, mind you; that's just the way teams work. The only thing you can do is make them non-recruitable for team creation, by putting them on Area Guard.

• 11 months later...

I tried to set up this XCC Editor for the Dawn of Tomorrow mod. After following your instructions I just get a "Data Load Failed" window when starting the program.

It isn't a problem of DoT, the same window appears when I use C&C mix files/data too.

Is that program incompatible with win7/64bit?

No, I just had to set in Directories the "Data" folder to the XCC folder too.  :)

Now it runs (more or less stable) with the dawn of tomorrow mod.

For any weird reason, the templates of the modded winter theater aren't shown anymore since XCC Editor crashed and I restarted.  :huh:

while the modded desert and temperate theaters and the new structures as well still are shown. O_o

• 1 month later...