CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
atenzor

stealth tanks?

How do I make certain units invisible to AI ? like the spy ability applied to tanks and dogs can't detect of course. I checked the rules.ini file but wasn't able to find how to do this, maybe I just missed it or is called something else?

There is a Invisible=yes/no in the rules.ini

doesn't work. at the end of the mcv unit rules, i input

Invisible=yes

and it doesn't work, the AI attacks the mcv..

You can't give tanks the spy effect, thats hardcoded onto the spy (and cannot be removed or changed).

The only stealth system you can do is by making the unit visually invisible, like C&C1's stealth tanks or Aftermaths Phase transport using Cloakable=yes

Note that technically, in RA1, this is actually the submerging ability of the submarine, and will have the submerging sound associated to it :P

I think it only does that in the phase transport missions... they messed with that somehow just for those.

I'm fairly certain that if you enable the Phase transport it gets the iron curtain noise no matter what mission its built in. Then again it has been a while since I messed around with it.

Then they probably changed that with The Aftermath. I remember very well that enabling stealth crates in the old days gave me mammoth tanks that gave the submerging sounds when they uncloaked.