Tiberian Dawn online with bots?

xQd

Question

Hello I love playing with my friend on CnCnet but it would also be cool to add some bots to the party.My friend is weaker than me and I would like to add some bots to his side but unfortunately I don't know how...is this possible?Thanks in advance.

14 answers to this question

Simple answer. No.

Tiberian Dawn doesn't have a full auto-AI

It has a half-AI that is incapable of building a base and has very very limited control of its units (it always attacks the northernmost object - you can see this in the randomly spawning visceroids)

Interestingly when you do a skirmish with AI bots they start without an MCV, so if you start a game with bots and zero units you instantly win :P

Fun (but hard challenge) - play mobile HQ mode with bots and give everyone 50 units and watch the insane chaos as everybody kills you.

Another funny thing I discovered while playing with bots.If you try to ally with one of them after a random amount of time the bot will betray you and also say in chat:"Prepare to die" or something like that.I was like wtf.

Nope,I am talking about Tiberian Dawn and yes they still attack me eventhough I ally with them.I considered it a funny thing from the devs to implement the AI saying 'prepare to die' when you try to ally with them.

It's a 99.99% perfect replica of the original C&C Tiberian Dawn

It's better than OpenRA, but, um, they've added so much stuff that's really not true :laugh:

In terms of faithfulness to source material, Return of the Dawn is a lot better, IMO.

It's a 99.99% perfect replica of the original C&C Tiberian Dawn

It's better than OpenRA, but, um, they've added so much stuff that's really not true :laugh:

In terms of faithfulness to source material, Return of the Dawn is a lot better, IMO.

With its TS style graphics and pixelated voxel vehicles? :P

DTA has the Classic Mode for an almost-perfect TD replica regarding both graphics and unit / structure balance, you know (as perfect as it's possible with the TS engine). Only the Enhanced Mode has additions, and even those additions are for the most part quite faithful to the original game. At least more so than the stuff in RotD.

Meh. No offense to you guys (well, I helped on the mod too :P), but I retain the opinion that RoTD is a mod done right. It converts TS to TD while using the engine to the fullest, and without trying to be the original game. There's nothing wrong with voxels and 3D terrain, and voxels have normals to smooth the "blockiness".

I dunno. I always got a much more C&C1 "feel" out of RoTD.

...I think we're getting off topic though xD