Airstrike on eviction notice?

RC1985

This guy, i CABAL i made used air strikes at the end of the mission: https://youtu.be/nf2WasDyn4w

You'll notice that at the end of the clip that he keeps clicking down on the sidebar, probably waiting for the air strike. And then it's there but with no announcement from EVA.

I'm tempted to yell CHEATER but giving the benefit of the doubt ...am I missing out on something?

That  could make for a really cool mission. Capture a comm center and use it to break into another area and then set up a base, etc.

Also, I wonder if you'd keep the airstrikes, even if the comm center dies, or maybe if you still have one you'd keep it?

-Liam

So, in the beginning of the mission a commando GDI team is deployed to capture a guarded comm-center.

You get 3 timed reinforcements: 01 - E1&E2 - minigunners and grenadiers, 02 - E3s - bazookas and 03 - E6s Engineers

E1s & E2s are deployed out of the area @0 hour, but E3s & E6s are deployed in the area (E3 @+~3m and E6@+~4m).

Btw, put a harvester in a tiberian field and a refinery nearby the HQ  ; )

Trigger

COMM=Player Enters,Airstrike,0,Goodguy,none,0

VGNC=Built it,Reinforce.,4,Goodguy,NAIR,0

Teamtype

NAIR=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,1,A10:#,0,0

Structures

###=BadGuy,HQ,256,####,0,None,COMM

you can even make something nastier: put celltriggers below the HQ and put a DESTROYED trigger in the HQ, calling some flame tanks.

Okay, this conversation has started the wheels spinning in my head...  Pretty much everyone here has been kind enough to test some of my TD for Pros maps where I want to replace all of the maps from the original campaigns.  So far I've been attempting to do this myself, which can be done but will take forever.  I fear by the time I'm done, I'll be 80 years old and by then nobody will have even heard of this game nor will anybody be interested in playing it.  So I happened to be editing my old post (2011) here so I could put the missions somewhere for testing purposes and not be creepily be asking people for their emails and I happened to stumble upon an old topic by Chimas that I somehow had missed called 'the community campaigns' http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1915.0 This got me thinking about making this a collaborative effort. I already have a skeletal 'mission tree' sketched out which slightly differs from his (more closely following the build levels and campaign missions) but is similar in concept.

I (being the control freak that I am) would still be editor in chief, and could do pretty much 100% of the mission scripting if need be, however, I could really use a lot of help with level concepts, map (terrain) building and generally just keeping me in check.  I mean, heck, cn2mc already gave me permission to use his MP map 'High Tide' http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2478.0 for use in my campaign.  Really, someone could have a level idea with maybe a rough sketch of the map, someone could build the terrain (adhering to certain criteria), and I could script it.  It is just my goal to do something that is as good quality (really better) as anything WW did. 

Again, there's just certain criteria to follow... Meaning no mixed tech (except for extreme circumstances) no chinooks unloading 50 tanks, awesomely crafted maps (which I know everyone here can make.) 

Not only would I have closure on this can of worms I've opened but we could even use it to promote the revival of this game it and show there is still a genuine loving interest of Tiberian Dawn.

It's really just meant to run concurrently with the original plot of c&c, so we wouldn't have to come up with some wacky plot, either.  Although I always dreamed of making some new little cutscenes (which I can do!) and even making a new map select screen since these missions are meant to occur worldwide instead of being restricted to Belarus or Zaire or whatever but again, that's just too unrealistic, perhaps.  Just throwing this idea around... no imminent deadline.  Better to complete it in 5 years than never.

Oh yeah, if I'm just a wacko-- please let me know and I'll apply my madness towards something else.. lol

I understand entirely Mattattack

I undertook myself on a very similar project for red alert about the same time, an attempt to replace all the maps with my own (ive made something like 30 templates with bases and stuff, but only about 5 actual finished things)

Being able to restructure the map screen to your liking (without insane difficulty) would be great.

yeah Nyer, being the awesome resource of knowledge that he is, gave me all the info needed to do the map stuff, but I haven't even started to mess with that.  That would be so far down the line it seems unreachable.  He also showed me how to replace cutscenes which I have successfully gotten to play ingame, but again my attentions are directed to the missions themselves first.  Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only crazy one, though.. lol.  Although I suppose insanity is a requirement if we're still messing around with these (awesome) old ass games! ;)

Oh, that thread.

The context for that proposal was that I was trying to set up a team, because I sensed back then cncnet would bring a lot of players online and they would eventually play single player missions. Also because making something alone is boring, so I drafted some rules, that for me makes sense. I worked 2 years discussing modding for another game with 5 coleagues and it was fun, I've learned a lot and we discuss RTS to these days.

I have say like 4 maps being done and another "30" to make, just don't have the patience, but if I'm commited to more ppl and we discuss on a daily basis through skype or irc, I guarantee it will be fun and won't take long.

I think you would probably keep them, although it would be a cool mission mechanic if you didn't

There's no mechanic in the game to remove the Airstrike superweapon from the player once it's given.

Trigger

Teamtype

Structures

Interesting... so that would give you airstrike if you either capture or bomb it with a commando, but if you choose to capture it you'll get A10s attacking you.

Interesting... so that would give you airstrike if you either capture or bomb it with a commando, but if you choose to capture it you'll get A10s attacking you.

Nyer, I most humbly and respectfully disagree with you about commandos activating the 'player enters' trigger.  In my experience, this is not the case.  As illustrated in the sample map, you have 1 commando and 1 engi.  Player entering the comm center directly to the NE of you activates an airstrike.  The engi works, the commando just blows it up.. no airstrike. :(

SCG20EA.BIN

SCG20EA.INI

... but if you choose to capture it you'll get A10s attacking you ...

ehehehe, hence VGNC (vegeance)

I don't remember if there is a command to hold some time. Timed Hunt? Does it work?

Anyway, the idea is that if you steal a key asset, they will take it out instantly. Also that's why I put "#" in the number of A10s. Maybe 1 just to scare.

I think you would probably keep them, although it would be a cool mission mechanic if you didn't

There's no mechanic in the game to remove the Airstrike superweapon from the player once it's given.

Trigger

Teamtype

Structures

Okay so for the life of me I cannot get a commando to activate a 'player enters' trigger when it's attached to a building.  And I cannot get the 'built it' trigger to work by having an engineer capture an existing structure.  I can get 'built it' to work by (A) building said structure or (B) revealing my structure out of the shroud, although I've found method (B) to be unreliable and it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.  Do you guys have any missions I can look at where this stuff works?

Do you guys have any missions I can look at where this stuff works?

Nope.

I tend to speculate over triggers and teamtypes, because the nominal utility of them are already known and expected.

But', it's not easy to find an opportunity.

Destroyed however, can be activated by an engineer capture and (obviously) a commando bomb.

Good finding, I think that's a better way.

I tend to speculate over triggers and teamtypes, because the nominal utility of them are already known and expected.

But', it's not easy to find an opportunity.

I have found in my experience that a lot of stuff that seems like it should work on paper doesn't quite work out once implemented in a mission.  (Although when in doubt, move the trigger/teamtype to the top of their respective lists.)  Disseminating information based on incorrect assumptions is a disservice to anybody attempting to understand the already difficult process of scripting of this game.  It is not my goal to be 'right' in any ego driven sense, I just want correct information to be available to anybody interested.  In fact, I like being proven wrong because I learn stuff from it. :)

Destroyed however, can be activated by an engineer capture and (obviously) a commando bomb.

Good finding, I think that's a better way.

Yeah I'm actually glad the commando doesn't activate the player enters trigger as I feel it would limit your options when coming up with mission goals. 

[glow=red,2,300]BTW, you need to finish your NOD version of 'twist of fate!'  That mission would be sooo cool![/glow]

Disseminating information based on incorrect assumptions is a disservice to anybody attempting to understand the already difficult process of scripting of this game.  It is not my goal to be 'right' in any ego driven sense, I just want correct information to be available to anybody interested.  In fact, I like being proven wrong because I learn stuff from it. :)

I think you're right on this matter.

It wasn't on purpose, just for the sake of discussing and getting comments, but it's no good if people might take it for granted and get stressed out in the process.

Or, at least, if I'm not sure about it, I have to specify that. I'll take more care about that.

\edit

'mkay, I'll finish that, it will take a while. I guess I have to dive back into Tiberian Dawn and close a lot of holes left behind.