Dawn of the Tiberium Age (DTA)

Rampastring

header.jpg

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age

The Dawn of the Tiberium Age is a stand-alone Tiberian Sun to Tiberian Dawn (C&C 95) and Red Alert total conversion which aims to allow people to both play and mod TD and RA, while having all of the benefits of the TS engine.

Since this is a stand-alone mod, you don't require anything but the mod itself to be able to play; the original game is not required.

DTA's classic mode aims to mimic Tiberian Dawn's and Red Alert's gameplay as closely as possible, while the enhanced mode adds many new features and balance improvements. Since you have the factions from both TD and RA available, you're able to for example have matches between Nod and Soviet or mix it up however you like.

This mod is still actively being worked on, so you can expect frequent updates and if you find any bugs, please report them so that we can fix them as soon as possible.

Mod features:

• 4 properly balanced sides that stay loyal to classic C&C in style: GDI, Nod, Allies and the Soviets
  • Enhanced Mode additions, including better balancing, new units and ships for GDI and Nod
  • Completely stand-alone, no base game is needed for DTA
  • TD and RA1 style graphics, feel and gameplay pacing
  • Over 90 extremely detailed multiplayer maps
  • Easy and reliable online play with CnCNet 5 (YR client is based on DTA's client), including features like pre-selected starting locations and teams
  • Properly working AI for all sides, with 3 difficulty levels
  • Over 20 single-player missions
  • 10 Co-Op missions (more are coming!)
  • Statistics tracking from your whole commander career
  • Compatibility with the latest Windows operating systems, with no extra hassle required (usually)
  • Automatic updates (you can opt out) that keep you up-to-date with the latest additions and improvements

scrn1.png

scrn2.png

A video tells more than a thousand words, so here's one of our trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnI_vE4t0Pw

Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads

For more information, screenshots and videos, check out our home page at ModDB.

Who makes the SHP's for this?

They're mostly either taken from the original games (TD and RA), modified from existing graphics by Bittah or created from scratch, DavyCrockett (now ex-staff) and Lin Kuei Ominae being the most important artists of our new graphics.

I've been making a small (currently personal) mod for OpenRA. Would it be ok if I convert some of your shp's to RA format? if I decided to make the mod public I would credit the original authors and/or link your mod as the source.

You can use anything you like from any mod without asking for permission as long as your personal mod remains non-public. If you want to make the mod public, I'd rather not have our assets used, considering it's one of the things that helps DTA remain original as a mod.

DTA does condone "sub-mods" however, so you could make a mod for DTA if you're interested in doing that, although you're currently probably more interested in modding OpenRA. Of course you could wait until DTA gets ported to OpenRA first, but I don't expect that OpenRA will be ripe enough for that (and thus offer all the features and customizeability we need) in the near future.

I was playing and recording with 1920x1080p, so that's really the only resolution it can be properly watched with (and you'll of course have to watch in full-screen mode).

I'm aware that some people's screens are just too small to be able to properly watch it with this resolution, so I'll be using a lower resolution (such as 1600x900) to record such videos in the future.

The next version of DTA introduces an awesome feature that many thought was completely impossible: multiplayer saves. You are able to manually save multiplayer games and then load them via the client.

Possible disconnects, crashes or synchronization errors won't stop you from completing a game anymore, as long as you remembered to save during the game. To make the process simpler, you only have one multiplayer save slot available. In other words, saving a MP game will always overwrite your previous MP save.

We're also looking into the possibility of making the game auto-save every few minutes in multiplayer, removing the need for saving manually. But it won't make it into the next update yet.

mpsaves.png.92eb7a34f8e3f88f320f01972395ba02.png