Let's Play Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they attack whatever is the most north first.

Looks like you are right. So if he has turrets. All he needs is to order the bazooka to support in firing.

2 turrets or 1 turret with 2 bazooka. What would do more damage if you manage to keep the turret while it was meat?

I cringed a bit when you just run all the chem warriors in against the big group of guys... they can kill each other, and then the animation of their death ALSO deals damage... and then they ALL die at once.

It's sad when it happens, and the reason why flamer/chem men are so much crappier than grens. Basically, they don't scale well into larger groups. Better to put them in 1-3 at a time.

What I find particularly interesting about "Under Siege" is that, upon looking at the .ini file, there are several teams that are meant to be autocreated, but have the # of teams in the teamtype set to 0 thereby preventing them from being created.  My guess is that the testers judged the mission to be too hard to complete if you're attacked.  Now you can just sit there indefinitely with nothing more than airstrikes attacking you.  Hmmm.... maybe I'll activate them and try the mission :)

Are there hidden triggers too? I know that GDI makes an all-out attack when one of the besieging armies is destroyed completely, but are there more?

Also, why this mission isn't easy, I had more trouble with Hell's Fury and Ground Zero. Thinking about it, the GDI mission seem to be harder overall.

Are there hidden triggers too? I know that GDI makes an all-out attack when one of the besieging armies is destroyed completely, but are there more?

Not really... just an autocreate trigger for teams that will never be created.  I thought about it after my last post and realized the teams would just be drafted from the existing tanks on the map which would deplete the forces surrounding your base.  I really think the AI should've started making teams AFTER you destroyed all of the surrounding forces.  Yet another mission I've thought about creating a "proper" version of.