Who is still alive to beta test?

sgtmyers88

Okay, forget everything I said. My previous install apparently wasn't a clean one.

1. The brightness is still there (image here). It's not a big issue; I was just wondering whether it was WAD.

2. The mission briefing FMVs won't play. I just get a brief loading screen and the missions starts. The Westwood intro FMVs does work, though.

3. In the first Nod mission, the music goes silent after the first song (Act On Instinct).

4. When the MCV is deployed and the vehicle is replaced with the Yard, EVA says "unit lost". I guess there is no way to turn that off?

5. Sold buildings don't leave infantry behind. Is it possible to turn that on?

6. The General Powers menu is still blinking at the start of the mission even if there are no abilities to spent points on. WAD?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is an issue with the bloom effects. Turning down the brightness might help. Otherwise I might look into it more.

My Dropbox is full so I was unable to get all the videos uploaded. However I might be able to get a couple of the smaller clips uploaded as I have been experiencing issues with the audio desynching in the videos. It might just be my system doing it though. But I will need to try other systems to confirm this.

As for the rest its an issue with the Generals SAGE engine hard coding not liking the black magic programming I used to splice in the old C&C gameplay. The music issue is present in vanilla Generals too but the next track does eventually play. I guess the pauses in between tend to vary on other systems.

No problem. BTW to anyone else who downloaded the Mod I uploaded a few updates to the .tdr and .bat files today. I am not sure if it says when they were updated on your end but for me it does. Its the AI INI and MAP .tdr files. And I added a reset/warning feature to the .bat files per fir3w0rx request.

Latest update corrects issues with certain EVA announcements not being audible. Also added a new fast loading menu background and a few new high quality terrain textures.

EDIT: Stealth Bombers for Nod actually use stealth abilities now.

Example shots on the new fast loading menu and improved terrain textures:

11224295_10153386077138051_8169769836545213166_o.jpg

11058600_10153386077373051_7490827729526144792_o.jpg

11224295_10153386077478051_4765143780366929369_o.jpg

This is my first message here since 2009, lol. Big thanks for Tore for fixing my password issues.

I've played few dozen skirmish matches, some GDI missions and the first Covert Operations mission. Overall everything works very nicely, I haven't had a single crash so far, just some lag when playing with 3-4 AI's. But I am for some reason seeing some weird 'MISSING' texts in some maps' names in the official map list, and at least on GDI Railgun Turret. Also some unit and structure info boxes show texts from an early version of Tiberian Sun Redux mod for ZH (GDI Guard Tower has Vulcan Tower info, Onton Tank has Juggernaut info, MLRS has Hover MLRS info, etc.). I installed this mod on the same folder as the old Tiberian Sun Redux, but I think I deleted the old files earlier. I'll probably do a clean install to see if it has any effect.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else have about 60 FPS during missions?

tdrx_missing.jpg.c9c46aa94c8ae38c4a533801a276f515.jpg

Yeah I think there is definately something wrong with your install. It might be best to manually delete your entire ZH folder and start from scratch. Make sure to re download all the files from the Dropbox folder including the entire Data folder.

Welcome back. :)

Good deal. Let me know if there are anymore problems or bugs to report. I will try to post the full version on ModDB possibly as soon as next week if there are no significant issues to report.

EDIT: Did a test compile the other night and the Mod came out at a whopping 1.2 GB! Might have to strip out the videos and add them as a separate download.

I have an idea:

There are clients like GameRanger, with which you can play Zero Hour online.

However, I don't think that GR lets you start the TDR launcher before starting ZH.

So my idea is to implement an option to the TDR launcher which lets TDR be permanently activated even after closing the launcher. That way, TDR could then be played online via GameRanger and other clients.

Vanilla Zero Hour could be restored via the "repair ZH" batch file afterwards.

Does the AI have invisible MCV's building structures for them? I've noticed how Hard AI (not sure about Medium) keeps building structures even after I've transformed their Construction Yard into a rubble crater with an Ion Cannon. If this is the case, is it possible to kill all invisible MCV's automatically after the Construction Yard is destroyed?

"We lost our Construction Yard! Noooo -" *dead MCV*

Does the AI have invisible MCV's building structures for them? I've noticed how Hard AI (not sure about Medium) keeps building structures even after I've transformed their Construction Yard into a rubble crater with an Ion Cannon. If this is the case, is it possible to kill all invisible MCV's automatically after the Construction Yard is destroyed?

"We lost our Construction Yard! Noooo -" *dead MCV*

Shhh! Thats part of my black magic game code to make the AI appear to use the Conyard System! lol And yes I added a quick fix for that which should help mitigate that issue.

EDIT: Per FekLeyrTarg's request to arrange some multiplayer matches, I have updated all the .tdr files in the Dropbox to minimize the chance of desynchs. Be sure to update ALL your files.

I have an idea:

There are clients like GameRanger, with which you can play Zero Hour online.

However, I don't think that GR lets you start the TDR launcher before starting ZH.

So my idea is to implement an option to the TDR launcher which lets TDR be permanently activated even after closing the launcher. That way, TDR could then be played online via GameRanger and other clients.

Vanilla Zero Hour could be restored via the "repair ZH" batch file afterwards.

Done

modmenubatchfile.png.b7610c32947ea5fb9caa6aeabba9b98d.png

Good news: The new TFD-DVD has arrived and I've reinstalled both Zero Hour and TDR.

I've played a skirmish on Tiberium Gardens (Nod vs GDI easy AI) and I've noticed the following:

-Gameplay was smooth most of the time with some occasional hiccups. However, the Harvesters slowed down the game from time to time (I had three of them) so I let them stop whatever they were doing or a few seconds to restore normal game speed.

-After the destruction of the AI's Conyard, it kept building structures even without a Conyard or MCV.

-Visceroids didn't attack other units. And after one of my infantry units turned into a Visceroid, it still revealed some of its surrounding shroud.

But I must say that even the easy AI is an opponent not to be underestimated. :)

I've made two savegames and one replay of said skirmish. Shall I sent them to you via PM?

I'll download the new updates (including the batch file)  in order to test them once they are uploaded. I'm looking forward to see if the workaround for the online clients and MP-gaming work. :)

The "Force Enable Mod" options seems to work fine.

Luke1 and I have attempted to play TDR via GameRanger. We were able to enter the lobby and open a game. One time I was the host and another time he was.

However, for some reason the game complained on both occasions that maps were missing so we couldn't play on official maps. However, it was possible to play on unofficial maps since they could be transferred.

Right when the game started, a mismatch error occured and the game was aborted immediately.

Luke1 has the Origin Version of Zero Hour ("The Ultimate Collection") and I have the "First Decade" one.

The "Force Enable Mod" options seems to work fine.

Luke1 and I have attempted to play TDR via GameRanger. We were able to enter the lobby and open a game. One time I was the host and another time he was.

However, for some reason the game complained on both occasions that maps were missing so we couldn't play on official maps. However, it was possible to play on unofficial maps since they could be transferred.

Right when the game started, a mismatch error occured and the game was aborted immediately.

Luke1 has the Origin Version of Zero Hour ("The Ultimate Collection") and I have the "First Decade" one.

I was afraid of this. I bet it is because of Origin. I have heard that EA massively butchered the excutable files of all the C&C Games for Origin making it a massive PITA for using Mods and online games.

I've just stumbled across something:

There are two files called 00_CCTDRDXINI.tdr and 00_CCTDRDXINI.big. Both files have the same size. It is supposed to be that way?

Edit: Luke1 and I have done as SgtMyers88 instructed us to do: Delete all TDR-files and update Tiberian Dawn Redux.

And we've just played another game of TDR via GameRanger and we haven't had any of the problems I reported earlier.

The game has run fine for about five minutes, with some minor connection issues. After those five minutes, a mismatch has occured.

However, my guess is that this has been Zero Hour's typical mismatch issue and that it hasn't been caused by TDR.

Luke1 and I have done as SgtMyers88 instructed us to do: Delete all TDR-files and update Tiberian Dawn Redux.

And we've just played another game of TDR via GameRanger and we haven't had any of the problems I reported earlier.

The game has run fine for about five minutes, with some minor connection issues. After those five minutes, a mismatch has occured.

However, my guess is that this has been Zero Hour's typical mismatch issue and that it hasn't been caused by TDR.

Could still be a GameRanger or Origin issue. Tried using it thru Hamachi or C&C Online?

Luke1 and I have done as SgtMyers88 instructed us to do: Delete all TDR-files and update Tiberian Dawn Redux.

Could still be a GameRanger or Origin issue. Tried using it thru Hamachi or C&C Online?

Will do as soon a possible. :)

I have a little suggestion:

Maybe the "Force Enable Mod" option you also use the graphics options like "Start Tiberian Dawn Redux" and "Start Zero Hour" have.

I've installed GenTool on my Zero Hour install and so far I haven't detected any incompatibility with TDR.

I've noticed that the Black Hand's Harvester doesn't seem to have a GUI picture. It only has a purple placeholder.

Luke1 and I still have to resolve some issues regarding C&COnline, so we decided to try it via GameRanger again.

The same issue I reported when we first played TDR via GameRanger has resurfaced:

The game reports that the joined player doesn't have any of the official maps.

We tried it with and without GenTool and we tried deleting and re-extracting the TDR files. The issue is still there.