Let's Play Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn Redux

TaxOwlbear

Just saw your video, sadly I realized you got the unfinished version somehow. Reason I know its the unfinished version as the map is missing a lot of terrain details. Ugh I am losing my edge. This was also the completed version you were supposed to get with the AI enhancements I boasted about.

posted image

posted image

EDIT: Also your art files are outdated. The Adv. Comm Center was changed in v1.42 with slight details added and texture corrections made. I noticed in the video you had the old version. Anyways, here was the proper map you were intended to receive at least:

Edited by sgtmyers88

Okay, and yeah feel free to give the map a replay and maybe do a couple 1v1 skirmish matches too. Along with the other edited missions.

EDIT: PM'd you. Once you clear your ZH folder out and then reinstall 1.4 and the v1.43 patch, I can then give you the dropbox link to the updated files for v1.44 as you will then need to grab all of those and overwrite what is installed. Make sure to save the movie files though.

I will try to get GDI 14 finished up in the next week or so. Should be relatively easy to do since neither side has to worry about base building as its purely a search and destroy mission so I wont have to tailor up a decent AI for the map. lol

Edited by sgtmyers88

I'm assuming you applied the updated INI files? Before the mission proved impossible as the three artillery pieces by the bridge on the cliffside would massacre your forces as they crossed. All I was left with was the Mammoth Tank which alone wasn't enough against the Nod vehicle column. I had to edit the weapon settings and nerf the Artillery firing rate a bit to make this mission playable.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Heh you played that one and won it nearly the same way as the one you did for the original game on your channel, right down to squishing the two remaining Nod soldiers to win it. Thats precision now! lol :P

Seriously go back and watch your play through of the original mission to see what I mean. I watched that one and the other one back to back and noticed this!

Edited by sgtmyers88

• 2 weeks later...

Did some INI adjustments and nerfed the aircraft a bit. Also did some minor AI enhancements. Played a skirmish game against the Nod Black Hand on medium and they Engineer rushed me targeting my Tiberium Refinery and Conyard first. Even stole my Harvester. lol I ultimately lost as it was not too far into the game so I had little to work with.

Anyone who used to Beta test on these forums are welcome to replay the updated missions and do some skirmish matches. Videos/Pics of them would be great for promo material.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Here at last is a sneak peek of GDI Mission 15! It is pretty much done minus some fine tuning that will need to be done in testing. :)

tdrupdategdi15.png

The files for the update can be found here, INI, MAPS and AI.tdr are the ones you will need. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2vly8rj1yx81ep/AAD4FvwJ38lhtTWM5_xHGflHa?dl=0

Edited by sgtmyers88

I just tried GDI 15, and it seems to be impossible right now. On my first try, Nod attacked my with two Nod Cycles and a horde of infantry before I could get any defences or my Arms Factory up. On my second try, a Nod air strike killed my Construction Yard in one (!) hit  before I could even get my refinery up.

I'll try it again tomorrow, though.

Okay yeah I will be doing some scripting edits. I survived 20 mins in only to get Nuked, and of course the TDR Nuke is VERY powerful so I was essentially done since I was already crippled by the ground attack. I think I am gonna enable the scripts to do as they do in the original where the Nuke only launches when you attack the Temple itself. I will probably nerf the Stealth Bomber bombs a bit too.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Done. The INI and MAPS .tdr files are updated with the said changes. I delayed the attack times slightly but the best way to fend off the infantry rush and the bikes is to build 3-4 Guard Towers once you get a Barracks and Refinery up and running along with a handful of Grenadiers to lure them into the range of the Guard Towers to create a kill zone.

Oh and for reference here's your own video of this mission from the original. lol https://youtu.be/XKGlzklxl_w

Edited by sgtmyers88