Tiberian Dawn - Extended Operations *SEPTEMBER UPDATE*

Thanks Nyerguds. And darkstar what i did was just replaced all buildings with the house named 'Special' back to gdi so it should still work alright hopefully. I'm also taking Covert Ops missions that were originally non MCV maps and making them mcv maps with tiberium and enemies that build and attack etc.

SCG61EA2.PNG

5.PNG

SCG61EAZ2.PNG

Hey Darkstar, is it possible for you to change the mission number of these missions so they work alongside the Huge Collection by Chimas? At the moment, your missions cannot be installed at the same time as the collection, because they have conflicts. I believe SCG400-800 are not being used for GDI (Chimas can confirm this), and the same should apply for NOD.

It would be nice if I didn't have to swap in and our your missions!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Started playing through this last night!  Better late than never, eh? 

I must be out of practice, because I actually found it difficult to take out the bases in the map "Where Eagles Dare".  I built up an army of rocket launchers, Mammoth Tanks, and light infantry - and I got my butt kicked with the AI rebuilding power plants and obelisks (I initially took them out with air strikes and an Ion cannon). On top of that, my construction yard was taken out by a nuclear strike. :P   Usually when I start playing C&C from a long break, I warm up by going through the official missions - which start you out with the basics.  Your missions jump you right in to all the technology, including a nuclear capable AI.  I am still having fun though!  Hehe.

By the way, the briefing for Where Eagles Dare says "one" instead of "won".  Something like, "this battle will have to be one with boots on the ground."  ;)

Edited by Lightning Hunter

23 hours ago, Lightning Hunter said:

Started playing through this last night!  Better late than never, eh? 

I must be out of practice, because I actually found it difficult to take out the bases in the map "Where Eagles Dare".  I built up an army of rocket launchers, Mammoth Tanks, and light infantry - and I got my butt kicked with the AI rebuilding power plants and obelisks (I initially took them out with air strikes and an Ion cannon). On top of that, my construction yard was taken out by a nuclear strike. :P   Usually when I start playing C&C from a long break, I warm up by going through the official missions - which start you out with the basics.  Your missions jump you right in to all the technology, including a nuclear capable AI.  I am still having fun though!  Hehe.

By the way, the briefing for Where Eagles Dare says "one" instead of "won".  Something like, "this battle will have to be one with boots on the ground."  ;)

Not all of my missions go full tech, I have a few that keep things low, no Ion Cannons,Obelisks, etc. etc. 

Thanks for the feedback though, I'll update it and post a fixed version sometime this week.

Edited by Darkstar387

I am glad to hear some of the missions are lower tech.  Sometimes I enjoy such missions more than those with all the technology!

I beat the second GDI mission with ease. These missions definitely have an old school feel to them so far.  I am enjoying them.  No bugs yet. :)

Edit: I am now on GDI mission 5 (I just beat the Badlands). I have to say, I was worried these missions were going to be slapped together since there are so many, but I am happy to report that they are not.  Quality stuff so far, Darkstar!  The only thing is that your difficulty ratings on page 1 seem to be different from my own experience, but I'm sure every player has different skill sets.  I actually found the Badlands level to be quite easy, whereas mission 2 (Airland Battle) was challenging.  I only beat it with 1 minigunner and two tanks that had a sliver of red health left.  Of course, that was only my experience - and the missions should not be changed. ;)

I'm now on the 9th GDI mission (Trail of Tears).  It's refreshing to see the snow theme! These missions are well designed and play very similar to the original C&C missions.  The only thing I miss so far is more missions involving clever capturing/selling of enemy bases. Perhaps I will see this more later on.  Most of these missions involve setting up a base from scratch or using a set group of units to destroy an outpost. Some of my favorite C&C missions involved taking over the enemy base with engineers and having limited funds to accomplish your mission.  Regardless, I am having all sorts of fun with these missions - so it's not a big deal! 

Darkstar, have you considered adding a story to these missions and having them played in order? You could basically have a sequel to C&C by doing such a thing! :)

• 3 weeks later...

There is no story linking these all together, I really don't have a plan to create a campaign either. There are a few planned missions that will play off one another, but I'm nowhere near ready to start working on them. Thanks for the feedback though, glad you like them. 

Check out the mission Powder Keg :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...