Play with my friends with custom .ini files on CnCnet

xQd

Hello.

I want to play with my friends against this custom ai mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vs-ini. This mod only modifies aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini. It works when I run the game from the Origin app, but when I try to create a game on CnCnet to play with my friends it doesn't have any effect, even if my friends have the files inside the Ra2 directory.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hello.

I want to play with my friends against this custom ai mod from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/vs-ini. This mod only modifies aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini. It works when I run the game from the Origin app, but when I try to create a game on CnCnet to play with my friends it doesn't have any effect, even if my friends have the files inside the Ra2 directory.

How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Hello - maybe this will work, it depends on a few things though so no guarantee.

To enable mod mode in the client, change modmode=false to true inside Resources/MainClient.ini. Warning: This will make you incompatible with anyone else online and you will not get important updates, if you join other players games with this option enabled you will likely get kicked as it will notify the host you are playing with incompatible files, which will could potentially cause the game to go out of sync, or you are using cheats.

You and your friends will have to enable that option, when finished I recommend putting the mode back to false.

Hello - maybe this will work, it depends on a few things though so no guarantee.

To enable mod mode in the client, change modmode=false to true inside Resources/MainClient.ini. Warning: This will make you incompatible with anyone else online and you will not get important updates, if you join other players games with this option enabled you will likely get kicked as it will notify the host you are playing with incompatible files, which will could potentially cause the game to go out of sync, or you are using cheats.

You and your friends will have to enable that option, when finished I recommend putting the mode back to false.

I did exactly what you said and it worked! Thank you so much.

Adding to Grant's advice: after enabling ModMode, you need to delete spawner.xdp, and then rename the mod's rulesmd.ini to spawner.xdp.

Is this mandatory? I mean, it works well just by enabling ModMode and putting the custom rulesmd.ini and aimd.ini into the game's folder.

At least earlier versions of CnCNet YR read spawner.xdp instead of rulesmd.ini. Maybe it has been changed at some point then.

Actually, you were right. In order to use a custom rulesmd.ini you have to rename it as spawner.xdp in order for the changes to take effect in CnCNet. Thanks for the heads up.