New Twitch Livestream page live

Grant

For all you Twitch streamers, you can now submit your channels and we'll add you to our long list of supported streamers.  Then, when you next stream you'll turn up on our live page.

It's currently in beta, so report any bugs.  Once it comes out of beta, it will be placed into the main site navigation if there is more than one stream online. If you would like to be added, just reply with your channel name.  To check if you're in our list already, click here.

https://cncnet.org/live

livestream.jpg.0e87c9f46c5bc9fc0f561f51ccf3fe4c.jpg

• Like 2

Hello - Sure thing, I've added it.  It might take a little while until the change takes effect however.

New changes to the live page soon:

So we don't get confused viewers, there will be a change that will require streamers to place "CnCNet" in the status of the stream if they are playing on our service.

This is not to boot other services like XWIS, or GameRanger out from our live page, but more that we don't want to be showing streams of something we don't actually support - for instance a stream could be showing an RA2 lobby, or GameRangers application, when that doesn't happen on CnCNet etc.

Later down the line we may consider adding a section below that has streams of other services.

Hello - Sure thing, I've added it.  It might take a little while until the change takes effect however.

New changes to the live page soon:

So we don't get confused viewers, there will be a change that will require streamers to place "CnCNet" in the status of the stream if they are playing on our service.

This is not to boot other services like XWIS, or GameRanger out from our live page, but more that we don't want to be showing streams of something we don't actually support - for instance a stream could be showing an RA2 lobby, or GameRangers application, when that doesn't happen on CnCNet etc.

Later down the line we may consider adding a section below that has streams of other services.

sounds fair! Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see my stream on the cncnet client when I begin streaming, It worked before now all of  a sudden it stopped.

Yes - it seems Twitch updated their API only 6 days ago to enforce some new parameters to be sent in requests. I'll take a look when I next can!

Reference: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/609

Edit: This should be fixed in the next couple of hours when cache clears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...