2on2 Tournament Bracket and Discussion Thread

XXxPrePxX

This is some next level witch hunting,  :S

Prep you want to DQ us and remove us from the tournament for someone that doesn't like me sabotaging my dominant run through this? And then you want to put the tournament that is already way behind schedule on hold while you find a replacement when we can just bang out 5 games today and move on, this is not fair to anyone in this tournament.

This is not going to bring back activity to the great game of YR.  :down:

How is it ZiGZaG's fault?

Honestly, I don't know why I'm getting involved anyway. Was just trying to help.

It's not his fault at all. However, when a member of the team sabotages the tournament that is an issue for everyone involved. This was not a case where one simply got another mate (which is the wrong thing to do in of itself), but rather, he used impersonation to mislead his opponents/those watching as well.

Unfortunately, the best route to go is to disqualify the team of ZigZag + Andy. We will be looking/taking replacement options for that spot now.

Please leave the conversation out of this topic from here on out.

So im Dq'd for doing nothing?

Lol you are dq'd for picking a idiot for a partner.

Makes sense that zigzag wasent zigzag.  Because he kept making miners on heartland, While nawb and i were rushing him. Can an admin confirm that this was not zigzag?

I can confirm there was a fake around earlier, he been using the following nicknames:

Battlelab Snwokcir skcuSydnA DoggystyL dyAnevrCntas RickNoob CallMeBoss Sledge ZiGZaG

He's banned now, you guys should start over again

How is it ZiGZaG's fault?

Honestly, I don't know why I'm getting involved anyway. Was just trying to help.

It's not his fault at all. However, when a member of the team sabotages the tournament that is an issue for everyone involved. This was not a case where one simply got another mate (which is the wrong thing to do in of itself), but rather, he used impersonation to mislead his opponents/those watching as well.

Unfortunately, the best route to go is to disqualify the team of ZigZag + Andy. We will be looking/taking replacement options for that spot now.

Please leave the conversation out of this topic from here on out.

Guys, one of his names was "skcuSydnA" ... =AndySucks

Doesn't look like Andy has something to do with this guy, more like, this guys doesn't like Andy and wanted to cause some trouble

Just start the series over again

So are we dqd or what? If this is the case then i demand the replacement spot with another team. Please respond.

1st of all Andy some of us have jobs, meaning we can't be on when you demand to play.

2nd of all Zigzag shut up, why would andy tell me that you are coming on, and your name shows up 5 min after he tells me that in cncnet lobby. And 1 more question why would andy play with a random zigzag on cncnet? When I'm 1000000% sure he has you on Skype.

Like I said andy thought he would win 5-0 quick with someone else and got owned. And then he probably told the other person he is done playing with them and they logged off and made nicks against andy.

1st of all Andy some of us have jobs, meaning we can't be on when you demand to play.

2nd of all Zigzag shut up, why would andy tell me that you are coming on, and your name shows up 5 min after he tells me that in cncnet lobby. And 1 more question why would andy play with a random zigzag on cncnet? When I'm 1000000% sure he has you on Skype.

Like I said andy thought he would win 5-0 quick with someone else and got owned. And then he probably told the other person he is done playing with them and they logged off and made nicks against andy.

how about you stfu? i never even spoke to you :/ i never said what andy did or didnt do so lose the attitude. To my knowledge i came on today and discovered id apparently lost 3-1 to you and korc which is laughable. I then made it clear it wasnt me who played the games.. what more u want from me?

How about you guys find a damn time when all of you can play? Three of you (Andy, naWb, Korc) are scattered across the USA while ZiGZaG lives in Scottland. So you guys can't assume that ZiGZaG will be able to play when it's 10 PM for you because for him it'll be complete night time at around 5 AM.

And naWb, you've flamed me on XWIS before for absolutely no reason when you've lost.

I don't see why Andy and ZiGZaG would bail out on you. They are both good enough players. Only problem seems to be finding the time.

I find this whole scenario strange. A match is started where it seems all parties were expected to be available at a certain time. Confirmations were made in this forum within the past few days that this match is to take place. The match then abruptly put on hold with a lead of 3-1 in favour of Korc and naWb.

From what I gather, there is now a possible disqualification being put in place, because of the potential bombshell of a discussion coming from SiRaLeX's Skype conversation with Andy. The topic in the conversation about "substituting" a player in place of ZiGZaG, with the result of the apparent impersonation of said player, which effectively mislead everyone involved and watching. There are parts of this that do not seem to add up, teammates are almost always in CONSTANT communication with one another, especially in a tournament setting using live chat services such as Skype and or Discord. Not only was this foolish, but it is straight up deceit to acknowledge said player is online, when clearly he is not (according to the evidence from the admin FunkyFr3sh).

I'll put it this way, for whatever the reason, it seems like a certain player purposely deceived the people involved with the tournament. If all parties CANNOT be made available due to some unforeseen circumstances, make it known to the tournament organizers and the opposing team to postpone the match, to a time, which takes into consideration the timezones of all parties in the match is ACTUALLY made available.

When I took part in the 1v1 Tournament hosted by Kinkys3x a few months back, all parties met in skype to confirm identities and that no impersonation was involved. THIS should be done with any upcoming series to avoid any chance of their being a 3rd party involved, with cases of impersonation rampant on CnCnet due to the lack of nickname registration which would solve this issue outright. This perhaps may be the best course of action to avoid impersonation at all costs.

Since we've confirmed Zigzag was impersonated, so he's innocent of all charges. We're not sure that Andy knew this imposter or not, but he did know that it wasn't ZigZag. He also had conspired with Alex to do the very same thing. I say Andy gets disqualified and Zigzag gets a replacement partner. I feel like this would be the most fair solution.

Yet you guys still ignore the fact that andy lied lol...the dude is shady and is a liar. And aufruler told me if he isn't on and everyone else is on that korc can stream the games...I don't understand why all of the sudden we have to wait for aufruler to be obsing. Funny thing is 100% if andy and fake zig won the series last night zig wouldn't say shit.

According to AuFRuLeR, the match was due to be played today.  Players who took it upon them selves to ignore this and play earlier are at fault.

If in doubt check with your organizer, not hear say...  :cncsmirk:

Depending on your timezone, the match was to take place simultaneously on Tuesday AND Wednesday.

Below are the posts from which confirmed the match was to take place at the specified time, please take note of the time stamps of each post.

It looks like we're going to be playing tomorrow at 4 PM PST

Andy posting the time of the upcoming match scheduled for Tuesday, November 22nd at 4 PM Pacific Time.

It looks like we're going to be playing tomorrow at 4 PM PST

This midnight tonight for me i think? Should be do-able.

ZiGZaG's response to Andy, which for his timezone is scheduled for Wednesday, November 23rd at 12 AM Greenwich Mean Time.

I think in order to avoid possible future conflict and confusion, specify the actual time of the match using the timezones of greatest difference with the day mentioned (in this case Pacific (PST) and Greenwich (GMT)) to all players and even the tournament organizers to avoid the confusion.

errbody calm down =) i specifically told players that this match is to try and be played wednesday for several reasons...first is that i felt it be a good matchup so i wanted a obs perspective by streaming rather than a single players perspective who is also playing..I only ever want that scenerio if a match absoulutly can only be done at a certain time when im not present.

secondly when i stream i have skype convos with all members ensuring at the very least that all are present.

Since i was not notified by anyone that this match was being started despite my request for it to be held Wednesday (today) its as simple as it never happened. The good thing about that is that all this he said she said he lied this that and the other......it all never happened far as im concerned and the OFFICIAL match will take place in 2 hours from now at yours truly.....https://www.twitch.tv/aufruler